Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed Drone and I Can't Find Part Online

Reaction score
Hello,

I crashed my drone following my daughter on her bike. She went under a tree and as soon as I went under the drone lifted straight up to a branch. Lesson learned.

The crash caused the camera to pop out and hence pull wires out of the connector that connects the camera with the drone. I also lost a rubber damper :-(

Drone - Typhoon Q500 4K

Q1 - what is this part called (see attached). I checked online but some look too similar
Q2 - can I solder back together or just as cheap to buy new?
Q3 - best place to buy parts.

Thanks in advance for any help you pass on. Looking forward to learning before I can fly again :)

Cheers,
tc

Attachments

• Drone part.png
    Drone part.png
    1,013.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Drone part 2.png
    Drone part 2.png
    600.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Drone part 3.png
    Drone part 3.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 19
Depends on your solder skill... But yes it "can" be re soldered as long as the board and components are in tact. but from your pictures it appears the connector wires have pulled out, and in this case I do not recommend soldering that... but rather removing the pins inside it to re crimp. But again it all depends on your particular skills.... which I will not judge..
I'm no where near informed enough to asses your parts names, perhaps someone else will chime in here in a bit hopefully.

Soldering skills are mediocre at best. I'm thinking of just buying the harness but I cannot find it anywhere. A lot that look similar but not exact. Hoping there is a parts / hobbyist here that can Mr Myagi me on what I need to do.

best place to buy parts.
Q1 - What is this part called (see attached). I checked online but some look too similar
Commonly called a "pigtail", but more correctly defined as a CG03 Camera Connector

Q2 - Can I solder back together or just as cheap to buy new?
Yes, it can be soldered back on, but it's best to leave it off and use the pigtail

Q3 - Best place to buy parts.
This link is one source. From it you can get the parts number to use on searches. But it is listed as "In Stock" here: Yuneec Q500 4K CGO3 Connection Wire (Aircraft to Camera)

Most parts can be found on eBay.

Q1 - What is this part called (see attached). I checked online but some look too similar
Commonly called a "pigtail", but more correctly defined as a CG03 Camera Connector

Q2 - Can I solder back together or just as cheap to buy new?
Yes, it can be soldered back on, but it's best to leave it off and use the pigtail

Q3 - Best place to buy parts.
This link is one source. From it you can get the parts number to use on searches. But it is listed as "In Stock" here: Yuneec Q500 4K CGO3 Connection Wire (Aircraft to Camera)

Most parts can be found on eBay.

Lifesaver. Thanks a lot.

tc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval