Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed My Typhoon H

Reaction score
My Typhoon H clipped the top of a tree and came down (with landing gear up) on the camera. While the lens seems OK, the camera housing has a small crack and the cover (where you would thread a filter) won't clip back on. Additionally, one of the propeller arms had the small metal clip that locks it in place fall out, and I can get it back in. Probably needs a new arm.

In any case, the ST16 is fine, there are two after market batteries and basically everything else the came with it. Does anyone know where I should try to sell this damaged Typhoon, and what would be a good and fair asking price?

Thanks!

David

Does the gimbal still work properly and does the camera function properly?

Does the gimbal still work properly and does the camera function properly?
It does not. It will acquire gps, but the camera and gimbal are not being picked up by the ST16. Props all spin, though, and the landing gear finally came down.

Attachments

• 974D98FA-160F-41FA-9FF4-575EAFE3DBC8.jpeg
    974D98FA-160F-41FA-9FF4-575EAFE3DBC8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • FE0FF73E-9798-46B6-923C-1BF5E5E5C7EA.jpeg
    FE0FF73E-9798-46B6-923C-1BF5E5E5C7EA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Side view of gimbal

Attachments

• F28B722A-E4EA-4FF3-BF5A-03F9142EB215.jpeg
    F28B722A-E4EA-4FF3-BF5A-03F9142EB215.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Is there a reset button on the camera and would that worth trying?

No. I found the reset button, but it does nothing. No light comes on on the camera. I think it's toast.

I think taking this thing apart is likely beyond my capabilities. I’m really just wondering what a fair asking price would be if I were to put it on eBay or something. The ST 16 alone has to be worth some thing, right?

I think I may have found the problem. I just don't have the slightest Idea how to fix it! On the plus the two arms that are not working just need a couple of latches that I can get from Vertigo Drones.

Attachments

• Chips.jpg
    Chips.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
Those are certainly problems. Unfortunately, they are not your only problem.
The connector hanging just above the board is the roll motor. The one off to the side is the pitch motor. If these were the only issue, the board would power up and report these as errors. A simple lack of power may have come from the fixable causes mentioned by @elsner above. But when any of the various connectors are ripped out it also becomes likely the board itself is fried. The connectors are a difficult repair with little hope the board will work even if the repair itself is successful.
And it is unlikely the camera took a hit hard enough to break off those connectors without doing some frame bending. The bending may not be easy to see but it will result in various functional problems if the power issue is ever resolved.

My Typhoon H clipped the top of a tree and came down (with landing gear up) on the camera. While the lens seems OK, the camera housing has a small crack and the cover (where you would thread a filter) won't clip back on. Additionally, one of the propeller arms had the small metal clip that locks it in place fall out, and I can get it back in. Probably needs a new arm.

In any case, the ST16 is fine, there are two after market batteries and basically everything else the came with it. Does anyone know where I should try to sell this damaged Typhoon, and what would be a good and fair asking price?

Thanks!

David
Hello David,I am so sorry for your crash,these H's are expensive,I built my own from scratch!! Terrestrial Imaging is a place to look for parts and they are person friendly.I am interested in the camera if you decide to scrap-it.

So the latches go here, and it flies. Sort of. It is compass-calibrated and accelerometer calibrated (in the house, if that matters), but when it gets airborne it will drift a little bit too much for me to be comfortable with. (I have acquired GPS and I'm flying angle.) I've only flown it at the back end of my cup-de-sac to test it. No higher than 10-15 feet. Fly forward (slowly) and it wil continue to drift a bit forward when you let off the stick. Same in any direction, really. But not out of control drifting. It also seems to consistently lose altitude. Not sure what's next.

Compass calibration inhouse may lead to miscalibrated compass. All I read was recommendation to calibrate compass outside in an area free from metal and power lines.

Drifting may also caused by control sticks of RC. Check with HW monitor or output monitor if sticks go back to zero immediately when released without delay.
Usually a cleaning of the potentiometers of the stick gimbal and stick calibration is needed.

SeeWTFDproject Rev81, attachment 41.
https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev81-pdf.26203/

br HE

Last edited:
I Had A Typhoon H Flipped over in Mid Air Is that Something i Can look in to on the Blackbox

I Had A Typhoon H Flipped over in Mid Air Is that Something i Can look in to on the Blackbox
Yes. Upload your flightlogs and we can review them.
Refer to Attachment 60 (Typhoon H Flight Log Retrieval) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project as needed for a couple of ways to retrieve and upload the FlightLogs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me