Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Created a Thread to Introduce Yourself!

Hi fellow Droners!

New Breeze owner here. Hope I can share soon a nice introductory video.

Fly safe!

Hello Tom I’m Brian and own typhoon h aswell and there is a lot people here that can give great advise and help , they have guided me through the beginner process , feel free to ask any questions and a lot of YouTube video aswell will help get started .. fly safe bud
Thanks Brian.

I don't no how to get my drone in the air, and they did not sell me a controller, do I need 1. Please help me

Not sure which drone you have, but yes you need a controller.
If it’s the breeze 4k you have to download the app on your cell phone or tablet called breeze cam then it must be calibrated before take off good place to see where you stand is watch some YouTube video on it

Hi everyone. I just bought a Typhoon H and have only had a couple of short flights, but I love this drone. I hope to learn a lot from this forum and possibly contribute some wisdom myself someday. Looking forward to getting more flight time in.

Reactions: TomC9000
Hi everyone. I just bought a Typhoon H and have only had a couple of short flights, but I love this drone. I hope to learn a lot from this forum and possibly contribute some wisdom myself someday. Looking forward to getting more flight time in.
Welcome, a lot of info here and some smart people to help. Read has much has you can.

Hi all,
My name is Tom and I just got a new Typhoon pro yesterday and I can hardly wait to get started. I tried a 3dr Solo but it was an expensive pain with constant problems and little protection so I almost left the game is frustration. I believe I will have much better luck this time. I live in Tucson, AZ. Last night I updated the firmware and will do a calibration this weekend when I get a chance to breath. Hopefully some of you are from the area and you can recommend some good locations to practice flying.

Hey all, new Typhoon q500 4k owner near Wausau, WI USA.

I've had the drone for a few weeks now and learning quite a bit. Flying, crashing, researching on the web. Found this forum and the Yuneec Forums and am discovering a wealth of information. I'm not a total novice with RC, flew some planes, helis, cars & trucks. Bought a $100 drone on Amazon and found it to be lacking in what I wanted. Glad I bought this Typhoon.

Attachments

• YUN00001.jpg
    YUN00001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hello everyone, I just upgraded from the Q500 to the Typhoon H Pro and love it. I live in central Texas and fly whenever I can.

So we can get to know you a bit better!
hi guys
I bought a breeze 4k two months ago. I flew one day. I updated the software and now, I can´t fly. my smartphone is android.
I can not calibrate de compass in the third step. the first and second is ok. when I set the third, it´s fail.
so.. a sugestion comes up to call the factory to help me. I did, and the guy in the other side said that he can not help me and told me to ask to a lot of smart guys in this forum, to solve my problem.
conclusion: Yuneec is pretty cool. despite no solve my problem, he sugest that I´m not smart... ( I followed all the steps several times) ...
so.. if someone would like to help me.. I will apreciate.. :)

hi guys
I bought a breeze 4k two months ago. I flew one day. I updated the software and now, I can´t fly. my smartphone is android.
I can not calibrate de compass in the third step. the first and second is ok. when I set the third, it´s fail.
so.. a sugestion comes up to call the factory to help me. I did, and the guy in the other side said that he can not help me and told me to ask to a lot of smart guys in this forum, to solve my problem.
conclusion: Yuneec is pretty cool. despite no solve my problem, he sugest that I´m not smart... ( I followed all the steps several times) ...
so.. if someone would like to help me.. I will apreciate.. :)

We will try to help, but my first question I’ll ask is who did you talk to at Yuneec Customer Service? The reason I ask is because while we can try to help you, we are not an authorized service for Yuneec and it is their job and responsibility to provide you the customer with proper service especially while the product is still under warranty.

So José, when you try to do the calibration face to your local magnetic north with the Breeze camera facing you. Then do the rotations slowly and smoothly until you hear the beeps. If you still cannot get the compass to calibrate, your Breeze is faulty and should be repaired or replaced by Yuneec under warranty. You will have to contact Yuneec again and obtain an RMA to return it to Yuneec.

Please post the name of the support tech that would not help you and referred you to our group.

All of that aside welcome to the YuneecPilots forum.

Hey guys new H owner here. Getting everything charged up. If the weather is decent tomorrow will be taking it out for my first test run. Any recommendations besides read the manual 14 times and cross my fingers that I don't crash it on day one. I've heard there's a checklist out there that's really good to have. If anyone can direct me towards that, that would be helpful so I don't search around and find the wrong thing.

Look forward to being a helpful and supporting member of the forms.

Welcome to the YuneecPilots forum!

The first thing I can suggest is to remove the camera for the first 10 flights or so, until you get used to flying the TH.

I think this is the Manual and checklist you have heard about https://yuneec-forum.com/attachments/typhoon-h-user-manual-vcho3-1-pdf.7319/. It has very good information, took the official Yuneec manual and added user input to develop a more robust User Guide. There is a preflight checklist in the Guide.

Have fun with your new Typhoon H!!!

Welcome to the YuneecPilots forum!

The first thing I can suggest is to remove the camera for the first 10 flights or so, until you get used to flying the TH.

I think this is the Manual and checklist you have heard about https://yuneec-forum.com/attachments/typhoon-h-user-manual-vcho3-1-pdf.7319/. It has very good information, took the official Yuneec manual and added user input to develop a more robust User Guide. There is a preflight checklist in the Guide.

Have fun with your new Typhoon H!!!
Thanks for this terrific information, I will read through it tonight before I attempt my first flight tomorrow.

So you want me to take apart my brand new drone before I even take it out.... *gulp* Hopefully it's a pretty simple process. Do other people recommend flying the first few times without camera? Does that limitation of not having the feed to the st16 cause any weird error messages or make flying awkward?

What it does is protect the camera from damage should you have a hard landing or ‘gulp’ pilot error event. Props and arm clips are fairly cheap compared to the camera.

The real gurus for the TH will all tell you to remove the camera, until you have a few flights under your belt. That includes flying with GPS turned off to get used to handling the craft in that mode. You need that experience to safely pilot the TH in the event of GPS loss.

The TH is a great aircraft and the small amount of time invested to get used to the way it handles will pay off in many hours of enjoyable flight.

That makes sense. I did notice in the official owners manual it says turning off the GPS basically voids any chance of a warranty claim if something goes wrong. So it seems smart to me that I should at least do my first or second flight with GPS on to make sure that the equipment is functioning properly. If I got a faulty unit out of the box and attempt to fly with GPS off and it crashes I will be 100% responsible. Does that logic seem correct you?

Hi all,
My name is Tom and I just got a new Typhoon pro yesterday and I can hardly wait to get started. I tried a 3dr Solo but it was an expensive pain with constant problems and little protection so I almost left the game is frustration. I believe I will have much better luck this time. I live in Tucson, AZ. Last night I updated the firmware and will do a calibration this weekend when I get a chance to breath. Hopefully some of you are from the area and you can recommend some good locations to practice flying.

Hi Tom, my name is Dave and I just recently got my Typhoon H Pro as well. I live in Tucson as you do so any information you find on good locations to fly please share those and I will do the same. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and put a couple flights on my unit. Any shareable good information you have feel free to throw my way. Good luck!

Fly with the GPS on for the first few flights, then go to an open field with no obstacles around for 100 feet or more. Turn GPS off and take off in Angle mode and hover at about 20 to 30 feet. Get used to correcting for the drift with gentle stick movements. Once you get comfortable with that just try some small out and back, then left and right movements. If that is going well, try flying some squares, ovals and figure eights keeping the TH close so it’s easy to follow movement.

I guess I never read where flying with GPS off voids the warranty. There are situations where Yuneec tells you to have GPS off to avoid erratic behavior of the craft (flying near tall buildings where GPS signals get reflected or indoors where IPS is used for positioning).

Don’t fly with GPS off until you are comfortable flying in Angle mode with GPS on.

Well I guess it doesn't actually void the warranty. But it clearly states in the manual if you fly with GPS off and there is any kind of damage or crash it's your responsibility. And I would guess that's because there's no proper Telemetry to determine what's happening with the device. There's a whole section and they say how they highly recommend only turn it off for advanced users and if it is absolutely necessary Etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430