Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Created a Thread to Introduce Yourself!

Hi everyone. I'm Maiker Rojas and I'm from Maracaibo, Venezuela. I purchased a Yuneec Q500 4K and i already got some answers about interesting applications thanks of this forum. I would like to share everything i can and get some other answers...

Hi everyone. I'm Maiker Rojas and I'm from Maracaibo, Venezuela. I purchased a Yuneec Q500 4K and i already got some answers about interesting applications thanks of this forum. I would like to share everything i can and get some other answers...
Welcome to the forum Maiker.

Glad to hear that this forum has already been able to help you. Don't forget to use the search tool often when looking for solutions, it's a magnifier icon located just below the upper right hand corner of this or any window.

Murray

Reactions: pete c and Maiker
Hi, I'm Joaquin, from Spain. I used to fly a Parrot Bebop but it lies now in the bottom of the sea. I proud owner of a Yuneec Q500 4K since last monday. Yesterday I did my first flight and everything worked OK. Happy to join this forum, I expect to learn a lot and share my experiences with you. Here is a footage of my first flight

Nice!
View attachment 246 Hello -

John here. I live on central California coast near Morro Bay. Am relatively new to the whole RC thing and at age 61 it's quite different from anything I've done before. I did not grow up with a video game controller in hand like some people did.

My son gave me a GoPro Hero4 camera last year and I tried to research on the internet how to use it. In short order I became convinced that aerial photography/videography was a reachable goal. That of course lead to the multicopter world.

Upon having received good advice to start small and cheap, I bought a little Hubsan with no GPS - total manual control. I also completed a scratch-built tricopter project - also manual with no GPS. After gradually getting the hang of flying multicopters, I broke down and bought a DJI Phantom 2 after a substantial price drop. I added a video TX, and video RX to the system and jury rigged my own FPV rig using a back-up automotive monitor attached to my transmitter.

About this time my girlfriend saw the promo video for the Lily and pre-purchased one of those which we are still waiting on. I was somewhat disappointed when it was recently announced that they would not be shipping in February 2016 as originally advertised. Not sure if it will perform as advertised either... have heard mixed reviews from people who apparently have witnessed failed demos at trade shows, etc.

When I saw a Typhoon 4K advertised recently on sale, I went ahead and ordered up. The guy had several in stock which sold out overnight. I have not received it yet but am looking forward to receiving and trying it out. I was on the fence between the Typhoon and the Phantom 3 Advanced (also heavily discounted) but with the price drop, the included video screen on the Typhoon, and claimed customer support from Yuneec, I jumped in.

I now have 4 flyable multicopters and enough parts for a couple more as well as the Lily and Typhoon on the way. SHEESH - These things should come with a warning label "May be habit forming or addicting."

Thanks in advance to all who share so much information with the rest of us who are trying to learn.
You will love it! its super easy to fly! and fun! Enjoy!

I bought a Q500+, was flying it for the first time today, was only fifteen feet in altitude, learning the controls. About 7 minutes in my controller makes a noise, I look at the screen and I think it said that I had lost gps connection, I immediately go to land and at about 4-5 feet in altitude the drone flipped sideways and crashed. Im thinking that should be fine, short drop, nope. Cracked the frame in two places and the gimbal looks out of whack.
Bummer! so far I have been lucky! knock on wood

Hey everyone my name is Matt, Noob to drone life, I have been researching, studying and just purely enjoying myself, as a professional photographer and spent a lifetime in RC planes, nitro 1\8 buggy truggy...etc this was a perfect fit, I have owned my H pro for 2 months ago and typically fly everyday, I LOVE IT. I live in San Francisco CA and my H has provided me a unique (lol no pun) way to see the city. I will post pics as soon as I edit.

Evening all, been up in the air for a couple of years with a Solo, business and pleasure, obviously things aren't great with them now, so I bought into the Yuneec experience.

I flew a couple of sessions at the weekend on the safe/slow mode, and so far, very I'm impressed.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

CharlieBoy

Reactions: Murray Martz
Hello all! Allan here from NEOhio. Have been lurking here for a little while. Didn't want to sign up until, I got my feet wet. Got my Q500 4K last week and got my first two flights in with no problem. Really liking this.Learned how to land on here before I ever flew!!! Allan

Evening all, been up in the air for a couple of years with a Solo, business and pleasure, obviously things aren't great with them now, so I bought into the Yuneec experience.

I flew a couple of sessions at the weekend on the safe/slow mode, and so far, very I'm impressed.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

CharlieBoy
Welcome to the forum CharlieBoy. I would begin to use Angle mode as soon as you can as you will have a lot more control and less chance of a crash. Don't forget to use the search feature that looks like a magnifyer icon just above and to the right of the Grey bar. When making posts, add tags to help others when they are searching the forum as well.

Murray

Reactions: Addison
Hello all! Allan here from NEOhio. Have been lurking here for a little while. Didn't want to sign up until, I got my feet wet. Got my Q500 4K last week and got my first two flights in with no problem. Really liking this.Learned how to land on here before I ever flew!!! Allan
Welcome to the forum AllanB. Don't forget to use the search feature that looks like a magnifyer icon just above and to the right of the Grey bar before posting a question. When making posts, add tags to help others when they are searching the forum as well.

Murray

Hey everybody, the name is Kevin and I just purchased the Typhoon H Pro. First 2 times I flew it I had delightful experiences. :)

Recently took the Part 107 and passed with an 88%. So, feeling good about that.

Happy to be a part of the group.

Hey everybody, the name is Kevin and I just purchased the Typhoon H Pro. First 2 times I flew it I had delightful experiences. :)

Recently took the Part 107 and passed with an 88%. So, feeling good about that.

Happy to be a part of the group.
Welcome to the forum Kevin. I sure you will find it a usefull resource for information. Don't forget to use the search feature that looks like a magnifyer icon just above and to the right of the Grey bar before posting a question. When making posts, add tags to help others when they are searching the forum as well.

Welcome to the forum Kevin. I sure you will find it a usefull resource for information. Don't forget to use the search feature that looks like a magnifyer icon just above and to the right of the Grey bar before posting a question. When making posts, add tags to help others when they are searching the forum as well.

Thanks! Will do.

Hello the yuneec family I have had my yuneec 4k for about 4 months now I am from Ohio and I like it alot and I'm looking forward to learning more and more from you guys and I have a YouTube channel it's skipper drones. Check it out and looking forward getting to know you guys I'm Sid young from Ohio

Hi Yunnec Pilots,
Today I joined the forum where I already found many useful infos.
I'm a new French drone pilot living in Rome/Italy, owner of a Typhoon H realsense.
I do computer graphics (Blender + After Effects) for Italian TV. I passed basic Italian drone pilot license last summer and wish to get into professional activities progressively.

Hello fellow Yuneec pilots :)
My name is Ed, I'm located in Wales, close to the english border. I am expecting my new Q500 4K to be delivered in the next hour and I cant quite put into words how exited I am! :)
One thing I would like to ask is can i expect the latest firmware to be ready installed or will it need some updating?
and if it does need updating is there a link someone could point me to that could help me through the process.
All help will be greatly apreciated

Greetings from frozen South Dakota!! I'm Dakattack and I just purchased my yuneec! Happy to be here and I look forward to meeting other pilots!!

Hello Yuneec Breeze Pilots:

I have dabbled in the RC World for a few years. I have a few Helicopters, a Fortune 612 Sailboat, a Traxxas E-Truck and Villain IV Speedboat, and a few older RC’s from NIKKO and Tyco.

My neighbor recently purchased a DJI Mavic, and that perked my interest in drones. I ran into a few connectivity problems with Android smartphones and tablets that would not connect to the drone.

I purchased a new LG Stylo 3 Plus from Metro PCS today. Many dealers are running specials if you port over your existing account from another service provider. I could not pass up the price compared to the cost of other smartphones and tablets.

The phone was introduced in March of 2017, and the specs are available at

LG Stylo 3 Plus specs

The LG Stylo 3 Plus is a dual band 802.11ac phone. Please check any phone specs you may be considering verifying the 802.11ac connectivity.

I thought it would connect to my Breeze Drone without any of the other issues like the 2.4Ghz incompatibility issues. Weil, like I said, I thought. I still have no connectivity from the drone camera to the LG Smartphone.

I ran a WiFI analyzer and can see my LG phone on the 5Ghz grid. I am recharging my phone in case a low battery was an issue. I also checked the Yuneec web site for any Firmware upgrades. I received a message that my Firmware was up-to-date.

I will post any updates if I am successful in getting the drone camera to connect. The other alternative is to return the Breeze Drone to BestBuy.

I am also open to any suggestions from current Breeze pilots.

CaptnKC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss