Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Created a Thread to Introduce Yourself!

The H and the ST-16 still record telemetry and GPS position. Turning GPS off just turns off GPS stabilization. If you are indoors or in an area with poor GPS reception the Typhoon H can do some unexpected things due to the GPS not giving good data to the flight control system.

Very important for the GPS is to let the craft sit powered up for about 15 minutes if you have not flown for a couple of weeks. The GPS satellites transmit a catalog that takes about 12 minutes to fully download. It is updated every so often. Once accomplished you don’t have to wait that long for subsequent flights.

The H and the ST-16 still record telemetry and GPS position. Turning GPS off just turns off GPS stabilization. If you are indoors or in an area with poor GPS reception the Typhoon H can do some unexpected things due to the GPS not giving good data to the flight control system.

Very important for the GPS is to let the craft sit powered up for about 15 minutes if you have not flown for a couple of weeks. The GPS satellites transmit a catalog that takes about 12 minutes to fully download. It is updated every so often. Once accomplished you don’t have to wait that long for subsequent flights.
Thanks for the details this is good information to know and understand.

hi guys
I bought a breeze 4k two months ago. I flew one day. I updated the software and now, I can´t fly. my smartphone is android.
I can not calibrate de compass in the third step. the first and second is ok. when I set the third, it´s fail.
so.. a sugestion comes up to call the factory to help me. I did, and the guy in the other side said that he can not help me and told me to ask to a lot of smart guys in this forum, to solve my problem.
conclusion: Yuneec is pretty cool. despite no solve my problem, he sugest that I´m not smart... ( I followed all the steps several times) ...
so.. if someone would like to help me.. I will apreciate.. :)

Od you still have problems please write to me i'll try to help you with downgrade firmware and install the good one.

We will try to help, but my first question I’ll ask is who did you talk to at Yuneec Customer Service? The reason I ask is because while we can try to help you, we are not an authorized service for Yuneec and it is their job and responsibility to provide you the customer with proper service especially while the product is still under warranty.

So José, when you try to do the calibration face to your local magnetic north with the Breeze camera facing you. Then do the rotations slowly and smoothly until you hear the beeps. If you still cannot get the compass to calibrate, your Breeze is faulty and should be repaired or replaced by Yuneec under warranty. You will have to contact Yuneec again and obtain an RMA to return it to Yuneec.

Please post the name of the support tech that would not help you and referred you to our group.

All of that aside welcome to the YuneecPilots forum.

José,

New info has come to my attention concerning the compass calibration. Read this thread Breeze Compass Calibration.

Hey Everyone,
I just bought my first ever drone yesterday, a Typhoon Q500 4k. I have just unboxed it and charging batteries. I've watched some instructional tutorials and excited to get going. I live in Syracuse NY, have been interested in this hobby for awhile and decided it was time to give it a try.

I bought a Q500+, was flying it for the first time today, was only fifteen feet in altitude, learning the controls. About 7 minutes in my controller makes a noise, I look at the screen and I think it said that I had lost gps connection, I immediately go to land and at about 4-5 feet in altitude the drone flipped sideways and crashed. Im thinking that should be fine, short drop, nope. Cracked the frame in two places and the gimbal looks out of whack.
Hi Everyone! My new is Gilera and I live in Brazil, Sao Paulo city. I own a Breeze 4k and new on this hobby!

Hi Everyone! My new is Gilera and I live in Brazil, Sao Paulo city. I own a Breeze 4k and new on this hobby!
I haven't been on this forum very long, but have found some very useful info on here. Read your manual carefully and take your time learning to fly.You can also get some good instructional videos on youtube. I have a Q500 and a Typhoon H and love them.

Gilter,

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Since you own the Breeze, you will find the Breeze Discussion and Breeze Help sections most useful. In the Videos and Pictures section we have a game going called the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game. Read the first post in that thread, then catch the latest challenge. It is a lot of fun and we are trying to get more pilots worldwide involved.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Rob. I live in Australia. Glad to have found this site as I am some what new to the Typhoon world. I have started my journey with an operational q500 second hand... Among other minor spares and parts, this bird didn't come with a camera so I'm on the hunt for either an alternative or a replacement. I live in Australia.

Hello, I'm Rob. I live in Australia. Glad to have found this site as I am some what new to the Typhoon world. I have started my journey with an operational q500 second hand... Among other minor spares and parts, this bird didn't come with a camera so I'm on the hunt for either an alternative or a replacement. I live in Australia.
Post what you're looking for on the classified page. Someone may be able to help you find one

Welcome Talisman!

Read the welcome for Gilter above and substitute q500 for the Breeze.

Just got a Breeze 4k and am told it will not work with my Motorola XT-1635-1 because it is not a dual band wi-fi phone..... ?, if I

The WiFi may connect as your phone does support 802.11a. The Bluetooth for the controller may or may not work being only v4.0.

Try it to see if it works!

hi all, just purchased my first drone. (typhoon h pro with real sense). currently keenly waiting its delivery from amazon.de Though I'm in the uk I have saved approx £250 purchasing from Europe with a extra battery and a ND filter set. lets hoping everything goes as should..

Hello and thanks in advance for all of the knowledge that im sure i will gain from this site. My name is Brian and i am new to Drones but i do have a pilots certificate. Ordering the Typoon H + with real sense today. I am an avid photographer and plan on taking that to the next level.

Brian K,

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game sticky thread in Photos and Videos section. See post #1 for the rules, then check for the latest challenge near the end of the thread.

Reactions: Brian K
Howdy All!

My name is Jay from the US (Midwest) and I've decided to take the plunge into the world of Yuneec drones. Just purchased the new Typhoon H Plus and can't wait to start flying that bird. I've been flying DJI stuff for a while, but I've been following Yuneec and didn't want to wait any longer. The H Plus made me jump the fence. As a budding drone entrepreneur, I'm about to take my part 107 and hoping I can break into the industry full time.

Looking forward to making some friends here.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Howdy All!

My name is Jay from the US (Midwest) and I've decided to take the plunge into the world of Yuneec drones. Just purchased the new Typhoon H Plus and can't wait to start flying that bird. I've been flying DJI stuff for a while, but I've been following Yuneec and didn't want to wait any longer. The H Plus made me jump the fence. As a budding drone entrepreneur, I'm about to take my part 107 and hoping I can break into the industry full time.

Looking forward to making some friends here.
Welcome to the forum. You will have a learning curve while you discover the differences. There are many. When do you expect delivery of the Plus?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital