Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Created a Thread to Introduce Yourself!

am i one of the old guys here ? davidh, from beautiful, sunny, downtown maple wisconsin, 7 miles from the south shore of lake superior and 25 miles east of where the lake begins. ive wanted to do this for at least 5 years, have a couple of little / tiny ones that got me excited. i just purchased a used "H" and hope to unbox it on monday or tuesday. of course we're going into "wind" season so im not sure when i will do my first liftoff. ive been watching hours of you-tube videos this past week and im almost ready to make it happen. im on 80 acres of clear and forrested flat land here in maple and look forward to adding my stuff here. pushing 80 and with bad eyes may prove to be an issue but WTH. . . . thanks for adding me.
Don't give up or give in to failure. I myself have taken a long time to get into the swing of this. The pilots on this site are the best people I have never met! If you leave the site we will all feel like we failed,so hang in there. Try clicking anywhere you think is right after reading how to, from some of the members. You are not going to hurt or ruin anything and no one is gonna yell at you!Great pictures beautiful area.I fly 2 q500's and love them both. Learning my H is fun but challenging. I am becoming a decent flier but never used a camera much,don't understand the settings,even after watching tutorials,but I will get it. Read all you can in the Q 500 forums.Click on the big red Forums box at top of page and choose a subject THREAD. Good luck . Peace KC

am i one of the old guys here ? davidh, from beautiful, sunny, downtown maple wisconsin, 7 miles from the south shore of lake superior and 25 miles east of where the lake begins. ive wanted to do this for at least 5 years, have a couple of little / tiny ones that got me excited. i just purchased a used "H" and hope to unbox it on monday or tuesday. of course we're going into "wind" season so im not sure when i will do my first liftoff. ive been watching hours of you-tube videos this past week and im almost ready to make it happen. im on 80 acres of clear and forrested flat land here in maple and look forward to adding my stuff here. pushing 80 and with bad eyes may prove to be an issue but WTH. . . . thanks for adding me.
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

Now we know who to blame for all that cold water that flows down to Lake Huron! Seriously though, you will find the Typhoon H to be a very capable bird in the wind. Point the nose into the wind for takeoff and landings and have the Rate slider set to Rabbit for those. For your first flights leave the camera off of the aircraft and get used to the aircraft’s response to stick commands. Feel free to ask questions. We have all been at the point you are at so keep us informed on your progress. Be sure to download this user enhanced manual https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/typhoon-h-user-manual-vcho3-2-pdf.16324/

Whats happening everyone? My name is Nate Flying up here in the PNW of Oregon. I'm 100% new to drone flying all together but came across what seemed like a good deal on the Mantis G. I haven't flown or setup yet since I'm waiting on an arm to get delivered but am very excited to learn about and how to fly. Any tips, tricks, hints, ect. are always greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Whats happening everyone? My name is Nate Flying up here in the PNW of Oregon. I'm 100% new to drone flying all together but came across what seemed like a good deal on the Mantis G. I haven't flown or setup yet since I'm waiting on an arm to get delivered but am very excited to learn about and how to fly. Any tips, tricks, hints, ect. are always greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Welcome Nate to the forum and the wonderfull world of Yuneec, very good place to be

Thank you.
Welcome to YuneecPilots Nate.

The Mantis G is a capable little drone. I recommend using an iOS device as newer versions of Android are not playing nice with the Yuneec Pilot app for the Mantis series. Watch the videos accessible from the app on how to bind and flying tips.

If you have any questions about how to open the aircraft properly and replace the bad arm just PM me.

Reactions: 7cyclops
How's everyone? I am new to newer technology drones, but have owned a couple before.
My sister gave me her Breeze 4K, and have been looking forward to flying it. When my 'droid phone wouldn't connect, I bought an IPhone 6S with 128k of memory and set it all up and went to fly it - but wouldn't be seen in my Wi-Fi. So next step was to reload the base firmware, so connected it to my PC via USB. Well, I thought I did, but I couldn't see it there, either. Also, with the usb connected, the rear legged light changes from green to red. I checked inside the drone for loose connectors, but they were all secure. My next step is to light it on fire, right?

How's everyone? I am new to newer technology drones, but have owned a couple before.
My sister gave me her Breeze 4K, and have been looking forward to flying it. When my 'droid phone wouldn't connect, I bought an IPhone 6S with 128k of memory and set it all up and went to fly it - but wouldn't be seen in my Wi-Fi. So next step was to reload the base firmware, so connected it to my PC via USB. Well, I thought I did, but I couldn't see it there, either. Also, with the usb connected, the rear legged light changes from green to red. I checked inside the drone for loose connectors, but they were all secure. My next step is to light it on fire, right?
First of all welcome to YuneecPilots!

I suggest you go to the Breeze How To section of the forum and start with this thread How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum
Also in that section is a link to the firmware for the Breeze and how to download it and install it How To: Breeze WiFi and Firmware Issues

Reactions: WTFDproject

I suggest you go to the Breeze How To section of the forum and start with this thread How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum
Also in that section is a link to the firmware for the Breeze and how to download it and install it How To: Breeze WiFi and Firmware Issues
Thank you DoomMeister. I have the firmware, but can't establish a USB connection, and Wi-Fi doesn't see it either. I'll keep monitoring or a similar issue Richard...
What did the fish say when he hit the wall?
***! <blocked... D A M !

I replied too soon. Your link supplied me with a password that allowed me to a wifi with a weird name - but it was the thing after all! Looking at the live view now! Thanx a bunch!

Reactions: DoomMeister
I replied too soon. Your link supplied me with a password that allowed me to a wifi with a weird name - but it was the thing after all! Looking at the live view now! Thanx a bunch!
Are you able to establish a USB link also? This allows you to download photos and videos to your PC much faster than via WiFi.

Always format the Breeze memory from within the Breeze Cam app. If you format it via USB connection with your PC it will brick the A9 board that controls the WiFi, memory, and camera.

Glad you are up and running.

Are you able to establish a USB link also? This allows you to download photos and videos to your PC much faster than via WiFi.

Always format the Breeze memory from within the Breeze Cam app. If you format it via USB connection with your PC it will brick the A9 board that controls the WiFi, memory, and camera.

Glad you are up and running.
Sounds like great advice! Will check the USB since I did a reset...

Sounds like great advice! Will check the USB since I did a reset...
Be sure the cable you use is data capable and not just a charging cable.

Be sure the cable you use is data capable and not just a charging cable.
My first thought on this was "well duh!" Then I was trying to download the video I made, only to realize the cable I grabbed to do this was power only. Then I told myself "well, duh!" My newer thought on your post is "well, thanx for the reminder!"

Reactions: Mneuman276
Hi thanks for letting me join the forum. I live in Scotland in the UK. I bought a used typhoon H that I was promised before purchasing was in good working order. Unfortunately I couldn't go to view it as it was 300 miles away from me. To cut a long story short it wasn't working when it arrived and the guy that sold me it was posted missing. I got in touch with yuneec UK and found the drone had a GPS fault he gave me a few things to try and I did manage to get it starting but it done a fly away on its own and the drone is now lost. So i am now looking for either a replacement drone ( Typhoon H ) or looking to sell the st16 controller 3 batteries the wizard the carry bag raptor range extender twin battery charger and a controller holder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval