Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curved Cable Cam - Ideas for best video footage

Be careful restoring a saved ccc journey though. I had my first 'incident' today.
I recalled a saved route, which I had flown moments earlier before changing the battery, and the H went off towards the starting point but didn't have enough elevation and dived into the ground!
It happened too quickly for me to be able to avoid. Fortunately the ground was soft and no damage was done.
I had a similar thing with the battery. However the H stopped climbing to the start point. With the warning going I just exited CC and landed as normal

My first post ever on this forum was on Tuesday about the Alt readings being way off....Come on guys...this is a HUGE issue that really needs more attention than a brief "oh well, yes it fluctuates" that is NOT acceptable. Any aircraft with a FC system that heavily relies on GPS, for any mode of flight, and has faulty alt readings is headed for a mishap!

I think we all need to confirm on our H's if this is a constant issue and as a unified voice speak to Yuneec. all other items on the "wish list" should fall far behind a solid functioning FC.

This sole item may be responsible for the many of the random/odd crashes that have bee reported lately... it leaves me scared to trust putting the model in the air...

JM2C

Peace,
Anthony

I agree completely, The altitude reading is way off, mine usually reads a lot lower than I'm flying like 40-50 feet or so.
Sometimes it acts like its frozen for a few minutes and then starts updating again.

It's just a long list of software and firmware problems I have learned to live with it.

So after talking with Yuneec Support and testing what is described on page 10 of v1.3 manual it looks like at least my Typhoon H WILL NOT play back the camera. I setup a simple test where I pointed camera North, Added to List, flew it 50 feet north and turned the camera south, added to list, flew it back home and panned camera north, add to list, so 3 Waypoints. What should happen during playback is the camera points North but starts to immediately pan South as it hits Point 2 (which I saved as pointing south), and then as it goes back to Point 2 it should pan back North, but my camera stays fixed wherever I leave it. I tried All 3 settings for PAN MODE switch both during the recording process and the playback process. No automatic camera control for me...

Yuneec Support says they are going to test it out and call me back. Not sure on timeframe I didn't push the issue, I was just happy they were willing to try it out.

So after talking with Yuneec Support and testing what is described on page 10 of v1.3 manual it looks like at least my Typhoon H WILL NOT play back the camera. I setup a simple test where I pointed camera North, Added to List, flew it 50 feet north and turned the camera south, added to list, flew it back home and panned camera north, add to list, so 3 Waypoints. What should happen during playback is the camera points North but starts to immediately pan South as it hits Point 2 (which I saved as pointing south), and then as it goes back to Point 2 it should pan back North, but my camera stays fixed wherever I leave it. I tried All 3 settings for PAN MODE switch both during the recording process and the playback process. No automatic camera control for me...

Yuneec Support says they are going to test it out and call me back. Not sure on timeframe I didn't push the issue, I was just happy they were willing to try it out.
Mine does this as well. No gimbal pan control on waypoints. It does control the tilt, but not the pan. The only way I could get pan control was with yawing the whole aircraft.:confused:

Are you controlling the camera gimbal manually on the right stick?
If so, you should try automating the camera by setting its position at each waypoint. That way you'll get a smoother transition through the journey.

LooseSid can you confirm you can do this? what settings do you use?

LooseSid can you confirm you can do this? what settings do you use?
You can use CCC two ways: 1) Record all waypoints with camera tilt and pan included. 2) Record only the aircraft waypoint and operate the camera (with the right stick) on playback. I've used it both ways and works fine. From the manual:

If the PAN mode of the gimbal camera is switched to Follow and Follow Pan Controllable modes, the gimbal PAN and TILT angle will be adjusted as the same as the angle what the gimbal camera is at each waypoint automatically and continuously. When the PAN mode is switched to the Global Mode, the PAN and TILT angle can be controlled by aileron and elevator stick.

It's been a few weeks since I've flown the H, but as I recall, when you set the Pan waypoints, it's actually setting the aircraft pan position (not just the camera, in this mode camera and ship pan are locked together) as well as the tilt.

You can use CCC two ways: 1) Record all waypoints with camera tilt and pan included. 2) Record only the aircraft waypoint and operate the camera (with the right stick) on playback. I've used it both ways and works fine. From the manual:

If the PAN mode of the gimbal camera is switched to Follow and Follow Pan Controllable modes, the gimbal PAN and TILT angle will be adjusted as the same as the angle what the gimbal camera is at each waypoint automatically and continuously. When the PAN mode is switched to the Global Mode, the PAN and TILT angle can be controlled by aileron and elevator stick.

It's been a few weeks since I've flown the H, but as I recall, when you set the Pan waypoints, it's actually setting the aircraft pan position (not just the camera, in this mode camera and ship pan are locked together) as well as the tilt.
Thanks, I must try this out.

"It's been a few weeks since I've flown the H, but as I recall, when you set the Pan waypoints, it's actually setting the aircraft pan position (not just the camera, in this mode camera and ship pan are locked together) as well as the tilt."

Exactly, you use the yaw of the H to point the camera, not the pan dial. and the craft adjusts it's position as it flies through the waypoints.

And the TH being the platform it is will perform for you. I bet it is a sight twisting and turning and tilting.

You guys figured it out!! The Camera PAN is 'NOT RECORDED' when adding waypoints! Only the Drone Heading + Camera Angle!

I just tested and rotating the drone before adding the waypoint is the way to go. Now the drone rotates as it flies the waypoints while the camera is fixed. Camera angle DOES adjust though.

I must say though the rotation isn't linear, nor is the camera angle adjustment, its very quick to adjust the Drone Heading and Camera Angle before arriving at the next waypoint. So it means I'll need to add more waypoints inbetween to get more precise camera footage, not a deal breaker.

See:

Last edited:
Hello, I juste received my H yesterday, first flight in the evening, I'm so happy :)
But I didn't try yet the CCC.
In the manual it's seems you have 2 choices for the cgo3+ :

If the PAN mode of the gimbal camera is switched to Follow and Follow Pan

Controllable modes, the gimbal PAN and TILT angle will be adjusted as the same

as the angle what the gimbal camera is at each waypoint automatically and

continuously. When the PAN mode is switched to the Global Mode, the PAN and

TILT angle can be controlled by aileron and elevator stick.

I hope this information can help you gregreh!
Congrats! And it's nice to see a new pilot that knows what the heck he bought! You must have done your homework before getting your H.

After further testing with 'Gimbal Pan Mode - Follow Mode' on ST16 I've found the more waypoints the better the video footage. This means you don't really want a drastic camera direction change (using heading of drone) because the drone will adjust the heading far before it arrives at the next waypoint. Creating 3-4 more waypoints during the journey with 10 degree heading adjustments each time will create a more fluid heading switch. It would be nice if it was linear heading adjustment between the two waypoints but its not, the drone makes the adjustment within a few seconds after the last waypoint no matter how drastic the heading change or how far the next waypoint is away.

18 Waypoints. Probably could have used a few more to make it even more fluid
Parker Texas (near Southfork Ranch)

This one I took with 19 waypoints using my house as the subject matter illustrates CCC with Autonomous Camera control much better -

Very smooth, much better than what I have seen out of the 3rd party DJI app. It is getting close to what MPCC can do on the 3DR Solo.

Was able to create a 24 waypoint with pull out from center, 270 degree orbit, horizontal fly over and diagonal flyover. I'm going to use this CCC for my future recordings as the facility is developed so I can sync up all the footage and create a video at the end that shows the progress over time as if it was recorded on a single run!

Drone : Typhoon H with 24 waypoint CCC (fully autonomous flight and camera)

Trench Construction

Reactions: yuneec53
Was able to create a 24 waypoint with pull out from center, 270 degree orbit, horizontal fly over and diagonal flyover. I'm going to use this CCC for my future recordings as the facility is developed so I can sync up all the footage and create a video at the end that shows the progress over time as if it was recorded on a single run!

Drone : Typhoon H with 24 waypoint CCC (fully autonomous flight and camera)

Trench Construction
Sounds like a cool idea!;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430