Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curved Cable Cam - Ideas for best video footage

Reaction score
So I've been using the Curved Cable Cam to record the construction of one of our car washes. Its great to be able to stop by, drop the unit down, start it up, load the LIST and start it, record for 2 minutes and bring it back down. I'd like to pick everyone's brain as to ideas I might try to create better video footage. Like setting way points to swoop down and in, or up and out. Maybe swing out at a corner of the lot and back in. Anyone have any thoughts? Here is today's footage, the list uses about 9 waypoints to get around the lot.

Reactions: QuadBart
not so sure i'd be flying so close to those big power lines. sometimes keeping the horizon in view is also something pleasing on the eye for perspective.

Are you controlling the camera gimbal manually on the right stick?
If so, you should try automating the camera by setting its position at each waypoint. That way you'll get a smoother transition through the journey.

Reactions: yuneec53
If so, you should try automating the camera by setting its position at each waypoint. That way you'll get a smoother transition through the journey.

I had no idea you could do that! i thought you had to manually control the camera!

I would follow Loose's suggestion and add camera posistions to the waypoints... then shoot the same CCC at 4 - 6 phases of construction. then in post i would vertically stack the and sync the clips and transition between them progressively during the flight. this way it appears to have been built during the single flight....try to pick days with similar weather to get the footage to be as similar as possible.

The CCC function is the SOLE reason I added the H to my custom built fleet (first RTF in 29 yrs of RC)

JM2C

Peace!
Anthony

Last edited:
Hello, I juste received my H yesterday, first flight in the evening, I'm so happy :)
But I didn't try yet the CCC.
In the manual it's seems you have 2 choices for the cgo3+ :

If the PAN mode of the gimbal camera is switched to Follow and Follow Pan

Controllable modes, the gimbal PAN and TILT angle will be adjusted as the same

as the angle what the gimbal camera is at each waypoint automatically and

continuously. When the PAN mode is switched to the Global Mode, the PAN and

TILT angle can be controlled by aileron and elevator stick.

I hope this information can help you gregreh!

Dreamwash they are both right. You can also start different way points or reverse them for a different look. The ccc is a great mode.

Bobjazz you just set up new waypoints then save them using the same flight path on the first saved ones. Just as you can have multiple points on the first ccc, you can have on the second set.

POI, Point of interest would work good for this also.
You can change the circle diameter as you are flying that adds nice depth to the video.

Be careful restoring a saved ccc journey though. I had my first 'incident' today.
I recalled a saved route, which I had flown moments earlier before changing the battery, and the H went off towards the starting point but didn't have enough elevation and dived into the ground!
It happened too quickly for me to be able to avoid. Fortunately the ground was soft and no damage was done.

Reactions: banned user
Be careful restoring a saved ccc journey though. I had my first 'incident' today.
I recalled a saved route, which I had flown moments earlier before changing the battery, and the H went off towards the starting point but didn't have enough elevation and dived into the ground!
It happened too quickly for me to be able to avoid. Fortunately the ground was soft and no damage was done.
Yeah, you gotta watch the altitude on the waypoints. The barometer/altitude on the craft seems to flucuate a lot. How high was the altitude in the waypoint? and how high was it when you started it again?

It was low, only at about 10 foot. I started again at about 6 foot and the H just went off towards the first point at a shallow angle into the gound. Luckily at a low speed!
I have used a stored route in the past, which was a lot higher, and it followed it perfectly.
I have wondered if the waypoints are actual geo-postional references or are related to the position of the ST16? not that that would have made any difference in this case.

Yeah, I've had similar issues with CCC. I believe it's related to the barometer/altitude drifting. If the waypoint is set for 10ft and the craft thinks it's at 20ft, then it's going to lose altitude to get to the "right" height. I believe the waypoints are gps references. I've learned to be prepared to hit the pause button (on screen) after starting the CCC.

Reactions: LooseSid
Thanks Bob, I'll be prepared to hit the exit button next time too, and I'll check the altitude reading first as well!

Waypoints are barometric and GPS. The first thing you must do in flying is set the altimeter in the air craft. We don't have this option in the TH. So it is possible to fly into the ground. Sooo for ccc to work the same the barometric pressure would need to be the same, there being the problem with daily ccc routes.

I can only imagine the altimeter reading hadn't stabilised as it was only a few minutes after I had saved the initial route. I did set off pretty quickly afetr changing the battery.
So if you accidentally call up the wrong stored route when you are at a completely different location you could be in big trouble!!

It'd be nice if the ST16 RC did a sanity check on the first waypoint when you call it up to say whether or not you're within say 1000ft or so. Or maybe just tell you the distance to the first waypoint from the current location.

My first post ever on this forum was on Tuesday about the Alt readings being way off....Come on guys...this is a HUGE issue that really needs more attention than a brief "oh well, yes it fluctuates" that is NOT acceptable. Any aircraft with a FC system that heavily relies on GPS, for any mode of flight, and has faulty alt readings is headed for a mishap!

I think we all need to confirm on our H's if this is a constant issue and as a unified voice speak to Yuneec. all other items on the "wish list" should fall far behind a solid functioning FC.

This sole item may be responsible for the many of the random/odd crashes that have bee reported lately... it leaves me scared to trust putting the model in the air...

JM2C

Peace,
Anthony

How do you add camera positions to the waypoints? I just tried setting up all new waypoints at my house, I'd adjust the location of the drone and direct the camera on me, save a waypoint, move the drone to another part of the yard, direct camera onto me, set waypoint. Did this for 6 waypoints. Placed Gimbal Pan Mode to Follow Mode or Follow Pan Controllable Mode and started up the list, the camera doesn't move at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval