Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Curved Cable Cam

Reaction score
Hello fellow Typhoon Pilots

I have had my H for over a year now and have spent most of the time with it doing simple things, like filming my sons soccer games and some flood observation. I live in the Northwest side of Houston, Texas. I have decided to take things to the next level. I am looking at doing some Drone Inspection with integration with ESRI Drone2Map. My first order of business was to learn the software with supplied data, which consisted of images and detailed instructions. I figured one way to get the photographs I needed was to run CCC. I followed instructions from several different sources. I figured I would try what I felt was the simplest way to get a route into the bird. I ran a 4 point route, basically a box, by doing it all from the ST16. This way I would not put any outside variables into my test bed. I got the four points saved. Once the points were saved I put the bird into a spot that was not previously set as a point. I clicked start and then slid the slider over to start the route. The bird went to the first point and never went any further. I tried several times with no luck. Can someone give me some idea of why it will not run the route. I have the latest firmware on the bird and the controller. I meticulously went through the calibration steps. The bird flies perfectly with no problems or anything funny. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

*** Well it seems that after I posted I did some more searching to find out that the left stick has to be moved forward to go to the next point. I did not do that. The only video that I seemed to find that gave that instruction was done by Sterman Aerials. Thanks for the great video. I will report back.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply but after I posted the question I did some more research to find that pushing the left joystick up slowly starts the CCC and pulling it toward me makes it go in reverse. Thank you again

Gary

Used a Youtube vid as a training guide......that, along with the screen prompts on the ST16, make the setting up of a curved cable cam route appear to be pretty simple.

Got one set up today.....however, when I swipe right to start the route, the H just stayed in position.....it did not move to the start location. Is there a step I missed?

If it makes a difference, I do not have a camera yet...could that have been the issue?

Used a Youtube vid as a training guide......that, along with the screen prompts on the ST16, make the setting up of a curved cable cam route appear to be pretty simple.

Got one set up today.....however, when I swipe right to start the route, the H just stayed in position.....it did not move to the start location. Is there a step I missed?

If it makes a difference, I do not have a camera yet...could that have been the issue?
CCC, POI etc require an installed camera to operate.

Reactions: CSI
Hello fellow Typhoon Pilots

I have had my H for over a year now and have spent most of the time with it doing simple things, like filming my sons soccer games and some flood observation. I live in the Northwest side of Houston, Texas. I have decided to take things to the next level. I am looking at doing some Drone Inspection with integration with ESRI Drone2Map. My first order of business was to learn the software with supplied data, which consisted of images and detailed instructions. I figured one way to get the photographs I needed was to run CCC. I followed instructions from several different sources. I figured I would try what I felt was the simplest way to get a route into the bird. I ran a 4 point route, basically a box, by doing it all from the ST16. This way I would not put any outside variables into my test bed. I got the four points saved. Once the points were saved I put the bird into a spot that was not previously set as a point. I clicked start and then slid the slider over to start the route. The bird went to the first point and never went any further. I tried several times with no luck. Can someone give me some idea of why it will not run the route. I have the latest firmware on the bird and the controller. I meticulously went through the calibration steps. The bird flies perfectly with no problems or anything funny. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

*** Well it seems that after I posted I did some more searching to find out that the left stick has to be moved forward to go to the next point. I did not do that. The only video that I seemed to find that gave that instruction was done by Sterman Aerials. Thanks for the great video. I will report back.
FYI UAV Toolbox (from Tuna) provides a great way to program a route and then transfer it to a CCC. This can be done in advance and with just the ST16.

Reactions: CSI
Got a CGO3+ for Christmas.......with the weather being what it has been however, it wasn't until today that I decided to venture out.

Watched the how to videos Videos.....mounted the camera......got everything calibrated......and made not only my 1st cable cam flight, but my 1st video with my new camera.

For a first attempt, it didn't turn out too horribly bad.

I actually flew a second route, but learned my 1st lesson.......dont forget to hit the video button before flying the route !!

Reactions: rdonson
I do have a question......when NOT in Global mode, I noticed that the camera stayed pointed in the same direction it was when I took off. Regardless of orientation of the H, the camera stayed pointed in the same direction.

Operator error? Another less to be learned?

No problem. With the pan mode switch in the full up position, the camera will lock in the direction of the nose. In the middle position, you can rotate the camera to point where you'd like, but it will maintain that position relative to the nose when you're not moving the pan control. In the full down position (global mode), you have control of the camera pointing direction, and will stay pointed where you aimed it regardless of where the nose moves. In CCC mode with the pan mode switch set to global, the camera works the same, but you can pan and tilt with the right joystick as well as the separate pan control and tilt slider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval