Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Dangerous Goods Review

Reaction score
I ordered a sunshade from the US off eBay. I tracked it and found this:

Delay at the Global Shipping Center. Dangerous Goods Review - Erlanger, Kentucky, United States.

Now, how dangerous can a piece of plastic be? Ohh..... Plastic for a drone. Could be anything....

I can't really believe how ridiculous this is. Every piece that came from the US has had a dangerous goods review. RealSense Module, Wizard, and now... sunshade.

6 GiFi batteries I ordered from China...... sailed right through without any review. (4 for my H, 2 for my Q500 4K)

Somebody is trying to justify his job thinks I.....

Last edited:
Reactions: biltno
Is this something that is an agreement between the US and Canada? You would think with NAFTA there would be squat for inspections.

It's probably because it is related to a drone, they look for batteries.

Is this something that Canada is imposing on the shippers? or something the US is doing for goods headed to Canada?

At any rate, do they not look at what an item is before impounding it?

What about all the battery powered personal hygiene products, are they scrutinized with such ferocity?

The new agreement isn't ratified yet so, I don't know. I think Murray is right, they see "drone" and pull it out of line for an inspection. It adds 3 to 5 days to the shipping. I had a bet with myself over whether they would do an inspection of my sunshade. I won my bet, but probably will welch on it, I'm broke right now. Bought too many toys for my new H. Wife has cut me off from eBay.?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Murray Martz
My own personal Minister Of Finance has imposed a trade embargo with all foreign and domestic partners. She has also instituted a trade review on me. I tried explaining these things were not for me, they were for the H so technically not for me. That went over like a lead balloon. She then pointed out the new rims I ordered for my F150. "That's for the truck, not me!" This brought down the trade embargo and review. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.?

My own personal Minister Of Finance has imposed a trade embargo with all foreign and domestic partners
When does she come up for re-election? Time to send a message to your (personal) Parliament by voting her out! Or is that an appointed position for life? If that's the case, then immigration to the US is your only option. But you better move fast before Canada builds a Wall to protect itself from the US!

No re-election, this is a lifetime appointment. Parliament can't help either. Can't move, all my toys are here. Beside I really do love her. As for a wall, we could never build a wall between Canada and the US, that would be rude. We were thinking of a nice privacy hedge. Green, beautiful, a few thorns.... Won't stop anyone might slow them down though.?? <-->??

Yeah..... Today I got my Intel RealSense module and my Wizard. The only thinks left coming are a set of props/guards, and my sunshield. The Sunshield (dangerous plastic, that) has been inspected, approved and released for shipping to Canada. My free bluetooth earbuds (Have to fill out a survey when I try them), and my 18" F150 rims (the straw that broke the camels back) are all still on the way.

I hope everyone has a great day and a great flight with our birds! UAV Forecast says green across the board tomorrow. Hopefully I can go and fly.

Is this something that Canada is imposing on the shippers? or something the US is doing for goods headed to Canada?

At any rate, do they not look at what an item is before impounding it?

What about all the battery powered personal hygiene products, are they scrutinized with such ferocity?
When it gets stopped at the border, it is the US customs first that inspect, then it goes to the Canadian ones next. As NAFTA is still in effect, nothing should change until it is approved by both countries. I still believe it's because it's drone related.

Reactions: ChuckBridges
I still believe it's because it's drone related.

I do as well, but not because if NAFTA. The U.S. has ITAR, for International Trade and Arms Restriction that involve Depts. of Commerce, State, and Defense. Under ITAR all drone/uAV technology that will be exported has to be approved by those agencies. Some of that tech is never approved, some required extensive controls preventing exchange further than the intended recipient, some ends up public domain. We can import drone tech but export is not so easy. Not easy at all and the penalties for violation are extremely heavy.

My guess is the stuff is tagged on our side of the border, even though the stuff did not originate here.

Last edited:
I do as well, but not because if NAFTA. The U.S. has ITAR, for International Trade and Arms laws that involve Depts. of Commerce, State, and Defense. Under ITAR all drone/uAV technology that will be exported has to be approved by those agencies. Some of that tech is never approved, some required extensive controls preventing exchange further than the intended recipient, some ends up public domain. We can import drone tech but export is not so easy. Not easy at all and the penalties for violation are extremely heavy.

My guess is the stuff is tagged on our side of the border, even though the stuff did not originate here.
I honestly believe that if I typed into google...."who is google?".....your name and picture would come up! You know waaaaaaaay too much. In fact, I bet you have forgotten more than most people know. lol

Thanks but that can’t be true. I had to take tests to assure continuing understanding of that stuff every 6 months for a decade. The defense industry is absolutely terrified of being caught violating ITAR. The penalties, which are 6 or more figures high, don’t get just placed on a company, they get levied against every individual that played a part in a violation and can prevent a company from doing further foreign work. Ever.

A synopsis of another fun little part of that regulation takes the combination of public domain, open source information subject to restriction when the combination of otherwise unrestricted material, be that product, code, or IP, provides the basis to define existing restricted or create new restricted technology. The law is a maze of traps and pitfalls.

• Wow
Well, that dangerous piece of plastic arrived today. I can see why they held it. It folds up into three, then folds out and takes up more room. Obviously, this needed to be investigated. ?

• Haha
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis