Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Datapilot stopped working while bird in the air - Twice!!! please help

It’s not always the software that initiates a “software” crash.

40+ years in the computer service sector has taught me that. :)

Ummmmmmmmmmmm maybe you win me for some year, few, I've also been in the sector for a long time. Bearing in mind that it can always be a hardware problem, I'm very surprised that it is because of the way it recovers from the crash.

I haven't investigated much and I don't know if there are different versions of the ST16S, if the board changes or any component, what is clear is that there are different versions of Android and DataPilot for the transmitter. I think the shots are more there, but it is only my modest opinion, as always :D

Ummmmmmmmmmmm maybe you win me for some year, few, I've also been in the sector for a long time. Bearing in mind that it can always be a hardware problem, I'm very surprised that it is because of the way it recovers from the crash.

I haven't investigated much and I don't know if there are different versions of the ST16S, if the board changes or any component, what is clear is that there are different versions of Android and DataPilot for the transmitter. I think the shots are more there, but it is only my modest opinion, as always :D

I'm just highlighting the fact issues with DataPilot could be more than just DataPilot itself. Intermittent hardware issues (tablet) or conditions with the underlying operating system could be factors.

If the "norm" were truly the norm, we all would be experiencing these DataPilot crashes, freezes, et al. The uproar would be heard loud and clear, I suspect.

One's perspective... of course.

Jeff

Reactions: 10-8 and arruntus
only issue I have with the st16s is from time to time the gps on the controller side will fail to initialize but the h520 gps shows up on screen and it will not show a distance reading. but no major issue with actual control of the h520. the rth still functions. when data pilot had issues is when the tablet lcd screen was hot to the touch on mid 90 degree days.

I've had similar issues with display but never lost control of the 520. I believe the problem isn't the fight software but the android tablet used for display. I logged on to Google play and updated the android tablet software to current version (it was several versions old). I check every few months for a tablet software update and the display problem hasn't returned. Hope this fixes it for all

I've had similar issues with display but never lost control of the 520. I believe the problem isn't the fight software but the android tablet used for display. I logged on to Google play and updated the android tablet software to current version (it was several versions old). I check every few months for a tablet software update and the display problem hasn't returned. Hope this fixes it for all

Thats interesting because I have never been able to update the android above 4.4.4 which is what it came with. How have you updated it and what version are you now on please?

looks like data pilot can be ported between many android devices just installed the st16s version on blue stacks 3 emulator on my windows 10 laptop. granted does not mean I can fly from it yet.

well this is a surprise connected e90 to laptop loaded blue stacks the datapilot and got e90 video. now to do some more testing got some hunches to see if pan out

Attachments

• My Snapshot_14.jpg
    My Snapshot_14.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Snagglesworth
Thats interesting because I have never been able to update the android above 4.4.4 which is what it came with. How have you updated it and what version are you now on please?

I believe you cannot update Android version on St16S without getting Yuneec involved. I think Lica was talking about DataPilot on a st16s.

It can be updated through Google store like any other app. However I would not do it on just to update DataPilot, only when there is drone/camera/gimbal firmware/software updates involved and you need to update DataPilot to get these updates working.

I found that DP does not crash...it is a com link reset with the E90. The DP screen goes dark during the reset but comes back quicker than a complete DP reboot.

I had this problem surface several times with my 520 and the E90. The time that DP reset I was up about 400'. The 520 began its RTL (Return To Launch) when communication was lost but then as DP (Data Pilot) came back online and re-acquired com with the 520 the unit held in a hover and it took awhile to visually locate. I have communicated with tech on this issue as I think I may have found where the reset originates.

Yesterday after I updated to all the latest firmware I went through my own internal check procedures taking the 520 while connected with the E90 through a settings check to make sure nothing had changed from the upgrade. I had my video set to 4096 x 2160 30FPS (UHD) and the camera set to 16:9 AR (Aspect Ratio). When I would switch between the two (from video to camera and back) I found that the reset (which was random) happens during the switch. I also noticed that there is a change in the AR of the ST16S screen when this switch is executed under the above resolution settings. As I looked at this closely I found that the ST16S screen also flickered during the switch and...after this flicker the next time I made the switch from video to camera or visa/versa the reset occurred. Here's the thing this only happened when the E90 is connected to the 520 and not with my ET...this got me thinking. 4096 x 2160 (17.0666:9) is not the same AR as 16:9...3840 x 2160 is! So I switched to the 3840 x 2160 30FPS (UHD) for the video and kept the camera at 16:9 AR. Tested the 520 switched back and forth maybe 50 times with the both the 520, E90 and the ST16S burned in hot....no reset. I did all this as counter top test (non flight).

I am going to counter top test again today with a cold start and see if I can duplicate the issue and find out how many switches it takes to cause a reset.

This may definitely be a hardware/software settings issue where the ST16S and E90 are not in sync.

Any thoughts or even if any of you have the time to see if you can reproduce the reset with the settings as I have them.

Reactions: MrMotley

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval