Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DataPilot v2.2.7 Update

Reaction score
Noticed that DataPilot v2.2.7 was available as an update from the ST16E. Took two tries to install. First go around said I had a corrupt package. Anyone else who's upgraded have comments? Will post more once I've given it a test flight.

Let’s hope so…
Just posted on the other thread before I saw this. Hopefully flight planning gets a kick as well. What battery fix are you referring to?

just updated to the new data pilot. had to remove the version on the st16e before it would install. got 24 flight batteries charged for sundays test flights

I should have done the power connector swap from h520e to first gen h520 after the first melt down. 13 flights all good battery heads not even hot just warm after flight. first 8 flew no payloads times hover 35 to 25 min 35 with gifi h480 8000mha 32min venom 7900mha 28 oem yuneec h520 25 good old trust ultra x 6300 h480. next 4 flights average 6 land miles in air 2yuneec oem first gen h520 28min 2 ultra x 6300mha h480 24min. next 9 e90 average 5 min less than no payload with yuneec oem first gen h520. and ultra x h480 6300mha. no payload full data pilot options and mission planning with perfect execution. orbit now are 2 mile diameter. bonus all calibrations minus gimbal can be done fully with out payload on the 2nd gen h520e. need to do one more set of flights before ordering the h520ertk version and changing that battery connector as well.

I should have done the power connector swap from h520e to first gen h520 after the first melt down. 13 flights all good battery heads not even hot just warm after flight. first 8 flew no payloads times hover 35 to 25 min 35 with gifi h480 8000mha 32min venom 7900mha 28 oem yuneec h520 25 good old trust ultra x 6300 h480. next 4 flights average 6 land miles in air 2yuneec oem first gen h520 28min 2 ultra x 6300mha h480 24min. next 9 e90 average 5 min less than no payload with yuneec oem first gen h520. and ultra x h480 6300mha. no payload full data pilot options and mission planning with perfect execution. orbit now are 2 mile diameter. bonus all calibrations minus gimbal can be done fully with out payload on the 2nd gen h520e. need to do one more set of flights before ordering the h520ertk version and changing that battery connector as well.
Just a heads up for anyone who does this that the old style batteries had a known issue before when inserting the battery into the drone wasn't done just right. The fewer number of pins do not hold the battery in quite as well which is part of the reasoning for the connector change. You have to make sure to hear an audible click or you could risk a battery coming loose during flight. The best practice is to hold the door up slightly and make sure that you hear it click if you just slam them in there you can easily detention the springs or cause chipping on the locking mechanism. As long as you take good care every time this is definitely a good band-aid. More news to come about that though.

Reactions: andyalex
there also the battery switch in the h520e that is not found the first gen h520 nor h plus that must be depressed in order for the drone to be armed. if there is damage to the locking mechanism the swtich will not depress and you get a message not arming unsecured battery detected from the st16e. the motors will not arm. had 2 gifi h3 with damage battery latches rendering them unusable. and one damage oem yuneec h480 battery latch again it would not arm.

Reactions: chascoadmin
just updated to the new data pilot. had to remove the version on the st16e before it would install. got 24 flight batteries charged for sundays test flights

Where did you get the latest version (2.2.7) if I may ask? My ST16 does not want to update it on it's own, I always get an error message in the end.
I have now the v 2.1.22. Thanks!

Where did you get the latest version (2.2.7) if I may ask? My ST16 does not want to update it on it's own, I always get an error message in the end.
I have now the v 2.1.22. Thanks!
What aircraft? Version 2.2.7 is only for the H520E. They use the ST16E.

Try this. A very odd placement for it but I guess it makes sense until they get their websites straightened out. I am not sure why it wouldn't show up in Versions on the ST16E... You might also try uninstalling the old version first. You shouldn't have to but it can't hurt to try.

Try this. A very odd placement for it but I guess it makes sense until they get their websites straightened out. I am not sure why it wouldn't show up in Versions on the ST16E... You might also try uninstalling the old version first. You shouldn't have to but it can't hurt to try.

It did not work, when I downloaded the apk, it gave me an error message, something about a "device restriction"
So I went ahead, did a factroy reset on the ST16e. After the boot up, I downloaded the Data Pilot app from Google play, and it automatically installed v 2.2.7. Problem solved. :)
I hope this will help somebody else as well.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: chascoadmin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop