Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Day 3 - Motor Failure

Have you experienced a Yuneec Typhoon H motor failure?

• Yes

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Flying today in the backyard, I had a critical failure. At first, I was surprised when the unit tilted a bit out of nowhere, then I realized what was happening. The unit came crashing down onto some shrubbery, and since the legs were up, the camera broke off. I emailed "[email protected]" as per the product documentation, and the email bounced back (checking the website, it states to email "[email protected]", which I proceeded to email instead). All video was lost from the card, so I unfortunately am unable to post that. Let's see how this works out...I was decently pleased with the drone after 5 flights until now.

I believe the screen said "5 motor failure", but that was after it dropped out of the sky. I didn't see any birds fly nearby or at it. I had not yet received any battery warnings, and I would guess I still had another 5 minutes before one. 6 doesn't seem better than 4 right now.

You will probably have quicker response by calling them.
US Support: 844 898 6332
They actually emailed me back almost right after the opened. Unfortunately, I hadn't thought of sending the flight log, so I had to wait until the evening to email that over to them. I do wish the product documentation had suggested doing that from the get-go.

Out of the thousands and thousands THs that have been sold we don't hear of many motor failures. Brushless motor are bulletproof. Sorry you found one. CS will take care of you. I have flown these motor for years and as of yet to have one go down. Some of my ac have been on the shelf for a couple years, I just charged the battery and went flying.

It hapeened to me already....but till now i still wait the seller comments, asking seller to analyze flight logs they wont replay..should i get one by one (brand new) replacement as it still quarantee?

Attachments

• tmp_5827-P_20160705_103720496165468.jpg
    tmp_5827-P_20160705_103720496165468.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
So, finally three days later, after emailing numerous times and calling twice a day, they finally agreed to issue an RMA as long as I pay for the UPS label! They said they would reimburse me, but I don't feel they would be too reliable for that.

Even though they dragged their feet, they don't feel they should cover expedited shipping (it would've arrived there tomorrow if they would've issued an RMA to at least get the gimbal fixed!).

They couldn't make any promise towards a short turn around time on the repairs and were unwilling to explore options of just replacing the unit to help compensate for their turtle pace. Maybe they should invest in a rabbit mode for themselves to accompany the rabbit/turtle dial on their remote!

We're going to be returning to the vendor as defective. They've turned me from a very enthusiastic proponent for them to recommending against them.

EDIT: I understand this is typically a good product, but they need to handle defects and issues a lot better.

It hapeened to me already....but till now i still wait the seller comments, asking seller to analyze flight logs they wont replay..should i get one by one (brand new) replacement as it still quarantee?

I would highly suggest against working with their support. Try and return the unit as defective if possible.

Out of the thousands and thousands THs that have been sold we don't hear of many motor failures. Brushless motor are bulletproof. Sorry you found one. CS will take care of you. I have flown these motor for years and as of yet to have one go down. Some of my ac have been on the shelf for a couple years, I just charged the battery and went flying.

Unfortunately, that was completely not the case. We've ended up returning the unit to the vendor as defective and may very well end up going with a completely different brand of drone. I would've rather gone to the dentist than having gone through this experience.

I would highly suggest against working with their support. Try and return the unit as defective if possible.
I did return it to seller, but they said as long as they can fix it they gona fix it not replace it with new ones, and it takes 14 days as their sop, and some user in the same store also bring lawyer too... really dissapointed yuneec in my country,...what can i say then..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval