Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Did I lose screws to my gimbal?

Reaction score
I was flying today and after landing it and carrying it home I noticed the gimbal looked loose on one side so I flipped it over and saw this. Can anybody help me? I took these two pictures from the underneath. Did I lose screws to the gimbal somehow? I've only flown maybe 10 times never crashed always soft landing.

Attachments

• IMG_8068.JPG
    IMG_8068.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8069.JPG
    IMG_8069.JPG
    854.9 KB · Views: 58
Mine looks the same, only has those retainers on opposite corners, I've wondered the same.

I haven't looked at my H but if it's like my 350 QX's, there are only rubber cushion grommets fro primary support. The screws are likely only in opposite corners and are longer than needed in case hard contact with something makes the grommets pop out/loose. I used to put pull ties through mine on the 350's for exactly that reason.

I was flying today and after landing it and carrying it home I noticed the gimbal looked loose on one side so I flipped it over and saw this. Can anybody help me? I took these two pictures from the underneath. Did I lose screws to the gimbal somehow? I've only flown maybe 10 times never crashed always soft landing.
This is the way it's designed, it's been confirmed on here many times, don't add more or if they break replace with something that make is tighter.

ahhh have noticed this on mine also have 2 missing now , still have the rubber grommets thank goodness, some light cable ties it is :)

ahhh have noticed this on mine also have 2 missing now , still have the rubber grommets thank goodness, some light cable ties it is :)
It's made like that for a reason, if you do add more, you may get jello..it may also be like that so there is a frangible point to save the major part of the camera in light crashes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Graeme Buckley
Do people ever read the posts above??? That is by design!
Yes I did read above, thank you very much, but I did not know that till I came and read the posts and found it was by design, hence the reason I said some cable ties then, [emoji109][emoji109]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Graeme the design is two secure ties or two nylon bolts with nuts. They are there incase of a hard landing you won't lose your camera and it is a break away point for the gimble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval