Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Difference between Standard and EU version ?

Dof

Reaction score
Hi,

what is the difference between standard and EU version please ? (output power RF ?)
is it possible to flash a typhoon h EU with the standard version ?

thank you

Hi,

what is the difference between standard and EU version please ? (output power RF ?)

thank you
EU models the 5.8ghz is 25mw think the US version is 125mw that's for your FPV, but if you are after distance it's not the only factor, remembering in the UK you must be able to keep your H within your eyesight capabilities

Hi,

thank you
And No if you have a EU model that is what it will remain...for now. I think the 2.4mhz is at 100mw, however with these antenna modifications you can increase the db to obtain more gain. The Horizon LHCP pushes the 2.4ghz to 9db and the 5.8ghz to 14db ... Wether it is legal or not I don't know, even though "I don't know" isn't a valid defence in court ☹

I'm sure when I spoke to Horizon they said they have made a 19db on the 5.8ghz, they are just finding a way of mounting it on the ST16 it's called the terminator or something like that !

Hi,

thank you
As I recall, there are some different channels used on EU vs Standard. If you use the incorrect version you may not get communication with the controller.

Wow thank you for multiple reply ;)

So to improve the range, a good solution will be to replace the antenna ?
With one because the terminator is really... Big ;)

Horizon do these Yuneec Typhoon H LHCP I have ordered the 14db upgrade. I dont really require more range as I have been out to 3700' and to be honest I cant see much more need than that, but I am hoping to get better wifi connectivity, not sure if it will accommodate this but I will see. It arrives Friday.
There is also this camera kit Yuneec camera kit
which looks a little weildy but may well do the job with camera connectivity.

Horizon do these Yuneec Typhoon H LHCP I have ordered the 14db upgrade. I dont really require more range as I have been out to 3700' and to be honest I cant see much more need than that, but I am hoping to get better wifi connectivity, not sure if it will accommodate this but I will see. It arrives Friday.
There is also this camera kit Yuneec camera kit
which looks a little weildy but may well do the job with camera connectivity.

Are the New Antennas any good?

Are the New Antennas any good?

I have the new H antennas and I now have solid connections without any video drop out. I am only flying line of site here in the UK and just want the confidence that when I look down the picture is there. The HorizonFPV antennas match the ST16 and you do not have to pay import duties and the dreaded Royal Mail pick up fee if you are UK based. I do use their Blackhawk Gold antennas on other rigs with great success.

It arrives friday but the post by JCFlippen would indicate so. I too don't really want to fly out of sight it is more for connectivity reliability (I hope)

I understand from being just a bit technical, the HorizonFPV aerials are tuned to focus in on the signal coming from the H, a bit like how a directional microphone works. The more db the antenna has the more directional the angle will to be to the aircraft but I think the normal ST16 operating angle is good for normal LOS flying. Rejecting spurious signals is what it is all about. Horizon have been doing this sort of work for a very longtime on many frequencies from what I gather and so the experience is adapted to solutions for new products by various manufacturers including Yuneec's Typhoon range and the various DJI offerings.

Hey. Great links ;)

Is it dangerous for my radio to try flash it with the standard version ?

Hey. Great links ;)
Is it dangerous for my radio to try flash it with the standard version ?
No, it will work. But it will just stay as the Europe version, as described above.

I've read the above about antennas and I'm thinking of buying the Horizon ones, but what about when packing the ST16 away after a flight...will we need to remove them each time so the ST16 will pack properly? Are they easily detachable?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval