Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Disable camera view on the master remote control?

Reaction score
Hi,

I try to watch the camera stream on a computer.

In doing so, I noticed that the frame rate drops dramatically when 3 devices receive the stream (Master, Slave and PC).
Is it possible to deactivate the camera stream on the master node, to reduce the load on the network?

Kind regards

You could try using the HDMI out from the controller to feed a monitor instead of connecting a computer via WiFi.

You might try using Pad, wifi settings, selecting the camera and then select forget. That might disconnect it when returning to DataPilot. I've not tried it.
However, I find it interesting that you see dropped frames with 3 devises. It is my understanding the video feed is one way to the controllers. The camera transmits the wifi signal but the controller does not answer the camera or acknowledge receipt of the packets. It simply monitors the signal. Perhaps the PC is attempting two way communication???

Reactions: DoomMeister
@Steve Carr brought attention to the PC connection to mind. Are you streaming via RTSP? What viewer are you using on the PC? You may need to reduce the cache buffer size to reduce the lag you are seeing.

Thanks for your replies!

I try to develop a deep learning based object detection for this stream.
Therefore, the RTSP stream is necessary.
To show the stream, I use VLC player, and CV2 (Python) in my program.

I tried only the master RC and the PC which shows a fluent stream.
But as soon as I connect the slave RC, so that there are three devices (master, slave, PC), the frame drops significantly, with disconnects on all devices.
Maybe three streams are too much.
I programmed the buffer by mself, but the video stream disconnects affects all RCs.

I try to receive the stream via UDP at the next flight.

However, I also suspect that the drone is not using the maximum possible WLAN bandwidth.
Can this still be optimized, at the expense of the range of course?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval