Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance/Control question

Reaction score
Reference this video on YouTube:

He says he got it out to 2000 feet and the controller lost connection. At this point the Typhoon just hovers in place awaiting reconnection to the ST16.

I thought she was supposed to come back home in such a situation, not just sit in the sky and wait?

That is my video Old Jar Head. Thanks for watching. Several forum members have pointed out that I might not have lost RC signal and that's why she just hovered there. I was quite spooked when it happened of course, but I do recall the display for video and the telemetry data from the H were all blank or n/a for what seemed liked several minutes. I plan on doing the test again in a better location with a spotter. The manual states that the H will RTH when RC signal is lost. I've been told the RC signal needs to be out for 10 seconds before a RTH begins.

Most likely lost video but not flight control. If this happens again just go up or fly back a little and wait for reconnection. If that doesn't happen just return to home.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If you do, in fact, lose the control signal, the H will trigger RTH until it regains the com signal. It may not regain video at the same time so you may not realize it has reconnected to the control signal. Once it's reconnected it will hover waiting for stick input but without video you may not realize it's gone into hover. If you're not paying attention it could sit there until the battery triggers auto land. The best practice is to switch to RTH until you know you have control so you don't lose your bird.

If you do, in fact, lose the control signal, the H will trigger RTH until it regains the com signal. It may not regain video at the same time so you may not realize it has reconnected to the control signal. Once it's reconnected it will hover waiting for stick input but without video you may not realize it's gone into hover. If you're not paying attention it could sit there until the battery triggers auto land. The best practice is to switch to RTH until you know you have control so you don't lose your bird.
Excellent info,That makes perfect sense to me. I myself have only gone out now a bit over 1600,no issues except visibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval