Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance

Has anyone actually tried a DBS Itelite on the H? (not on a G or other bird)?
If so, what distance do you get?

Yes, average, depending on conditions I was in, 5,450 to 8,966 on average. But very direction, you need to keep it pointed at the H at all times, but then that is the case with all range extenders !

I see. That's not far, compared to a Phantom 3 or 4 where they fly for miles (10 miles even). Maybe pointing it better or using amps would help.
But this is 5.8 GHz for the video link, and the Phantom is 2.4, which carries a lot further.
Did you see the video link disconnecting first, and then later the RC link (which is 2.4 GHz if I understand it correctly)?

I see. That's not far, compared to a Phantom 3 or 4 where they fly for miles (10 miles even). Maybe pointing it better or using amps would help.
But this is 5.8 GHz for the video link, and the Phantom is 2.4, which carries a lot further.
Did you see the video link disconnecting first, and then later the RC link (which is 2.4 GHz if I understand it correctly)?
The max I got was 11,350 about. You have to remember with Phantoms/Inspire you are already further out with Lightbridge, so can't compare the two, wifi vs Lightbridge ! What I want is better mid range signal for photography not to set a UAV flight record ! LOL ;)

Reactions: David Wilson
11,350 is not that bad. But did your video disconnect before your RC command?
What happens if the bird loses signal, does it RTH automatically after a few seconds, like on the Phantoms?
Can you set the RTH altitude in the app?

The max I got was 11,350 about. You have to remember with Phantoms/Inspire you are already further out with Lightbridge, so can't compare the two, wifi vs Lightbridge ! What I want is better mid range signal for photography not to set a UAV flight record ! LOL ;)
Yes, and the Phantoms are boosted antenna's with a battery mod for the aircraft too! Can't compare the two !

Yeah Battery mods are coming up. I'm getting mine tomorrow and will look into it. Any idea what the paypload is of those motors? Are there specs or model numbers anywhere?

Yeah Battery mods are coming up. I'm getting mine tomorrow and will look into it. Any idea what the paypload is of those motors? Are there specs or model numbers anywhere?
Not off hand, but payload of the H is on their website I believe

11,350 is not that bad. But did your video disconnect before your RC command?
What happens if the bird loses signal, does it RTH automatically after a few seconds, like on the Phantoms?
Can you set the RTH altitude in the app?
No RTH altitude change as of yet, but it will fly back at altitude you are at, unless under 30', then it will only raise to 30' and return , BUMMER ! Yes after 10 secs the H will return to home after complete signal loss, not video loss. I could have keep going, but yes at that distance my video started freezing alot and got cold feet and sweaty hands and soiled shorts !!! LOL

Preview
Typhoon H Land Distance Record
Just got back from setting my all time distance record with the H. As the photo shows it's 6524.6 feet over all land, no water. This is where my telemetry cut off but I still had video and flight control and went out at least another 500 feet. Just can't prove it without the numbers so I'm sticking with 6524 as the current YTH (over land not water) record. Let's see if anyone posts longer flights (with some proof). For the worriers out there, I flew only over the woods, no homes, no people and had a spotter with binoculars.

Attachments

• 6500 foot flight.jpg
    6500 foot flight.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Cilent1
Preview
Just got back from setting my all time distance record with the H. As the photo shows it's 6524.6 feet over all land, no water. This is where my telemetry cut off but I still had video and flight control and went out at least another 500 feet. Just can't prove it without the numbers so I'm sticking with 6524 as the current YTH (over land not water) record. Let's see if anyone posts longer flights (with some proof). For the worriers out there, I flew only over the woods, no homes, no people and had a spotter with binoculars.
Stock?

Just got back from a distance test as well.
Straight out from my house, elevated position, straight line of sight (not that you can see it past a few hundred meters.)
Once it got to the 2011.4m the telemetry died, video and controls still working.
Turned it sound and started back, then lost all telemetry until it got 10m from home.
Don't know what happened there.... But any way.
Will recharge and then go up, see how high it will go.
We are out in the boonies here so will see how high it will go.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Just crashed it :(

How did you crash it Haydn?

Preview
So how come the telemetry cuts out first, and not the video? I thought the video was on 5.8 Ghz and the rest on 2.4? Normally 2.4 should carry further.

Not sure why it cut out. But I could move the camera and move the drone just N/A on all data.

Re crashing :( was in Angle mode and had rotated the camera from being at 0' it was I think about 60' around, then I was backing away from a fire pit and went backwards instead of forwards.. Hit a banana tree.
Was not a nice feeling. Post the video tomorrow probably.

Oh, is it broken now?
What is the maximum altitude on the Yuneec?
Can you also set the RTH altitude?

Yes. No height test for me:(
Waiting to find out prices on parts.
1 arm
2 brass clips
3 rotors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member