Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Distance

So how come the telemetry cuts out first, and not the video? I thought the video was on 5.8 Ghz and the rest on 2.4? Normally 2.4 should carry further.

I hope someone can answer this. My telemetry always goes out first. Normally it comes right back. I think going a little higher up if you are along way out helps with everything as well.

I did a distance test today with my ILITE today and stopped at 6000ft. never lost video or even had a flicker. Altitude was 300ft the whole way.

6000 ft , nice. But we need a photo of your screen or other proof to be official. We do believe you though. :)

I like the fact that the drone comes back at the same height it went out. We have 100+ft pines here. Take more pics.

Well that sucks. 99% of my flying involves distances of less than 1000 feet. I was going to add the H to my Phantom 3 Professional but if the final reported average distance available to the Typhoon H is going to be around 1000 feet I will just have to pass on it.
I flew my H this morning out to 1,400 ft at 400 ft altitude. No problems or issues with video transmission. It responded flawlessly.

It doesn't matter where you are, click on the red letter on the above post and it will take you to Carolina drones.

Easy to install and uninstall without voiding warranties?
Very easy to install, You may want to ask Yuneec about warranty, but I am sure it would, but then are you going to tell them if you have a warranty issue ? !:rolleyes: They can't tell if you were or weren't !:D

I have an dbs itelite and my telemetry goes before the video feed does. This may have to do with the fact that control and telemetry is on 2.4ghz but the antennas are just wires hanging out of the drone. The video feed is on 5.8ghz which should have a shorter range but CGO3 has a cloverleaf antenna inside it. I think this helps the range on the video feed. I am no expert, it is just my observation.

I have an dbs itelite and my telemetry goes before the video feed does. This may have to do with the fact that control and telemetry is on 2.4ghz but the antennas are just wires hanging out of the drone. The video feed is on 5.8ghz which should have a shorter range but CGO3 has a cloverleaf antenna inside it. I think this helps the range on the video feed. I am no expert, it is just my observation.

did you get this one? ITELITE DBS for Yuneec Typhoon H, Tornado H920L, ST16, ST24 Radio

The H mushroom(video) antenna is definitely a clover leaf !View attachment 950
Yes, and it is, I believe, circularly polarized. So the circular polarized on the FPVLR doesn't seem to lose as much dB power due to a mismatch of circular vs linear oriented antennas. However, I believe it loses on the control side, because the antenna out of the bird looks linear to me. So it would lose a few dB on that side. I stay confused with it all. So just get either one....... it will make a world of difference from just a stock antenna.

Beat my distance record tonight. Over 8000 ft over land. FPVLR antennas. Pic is right before telemetry stopped at 7200 ft. I kept going another 1000 feet or so before my screen froze. I'll post a video of the entire flight shortly. This is definitely as far out as I need to go.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: snerd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33