Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DJI entering the commercial drone market stronger than before

All I can say is WOW.........................very nice setup you getting one Capt.

So this is their answer to the H520. Some of it seems to be catch-up - stuff like dual operator and smart modes. Some of it seems to fit between the H520 and H920 - stuff like the dual batteries. Some seems to be useful for very specific customers - things like the top mounted gimbal. The dual gimbal seems to be there just to get around the fact that they don't have a combined thermal and visible spectrum camera like the CGO-ET. If you specced all the bells and whistles, I guess it would cost a fortune.

For commercial customers though I suspect the most interesting thing will be the support and service agreements - if you've bought into this sort of system you don't want down time.

Think around 10K Plus. Seems aimed at industrial use. Not dust proof, but can fly in rain (not completely waterproof).
Seems to be a revamped Inspire 2.

I am happy with my Yuneec units, and I believe they will continue to come out with bigger and better things for us all, and make it easier for folks like the king himself TUNA to keep adding and improving on his app for us, which I plan on getting today or tomorrow once I get charged up on batteries.

I am happy with my Yuneec units, and I believe they will continue to come out with bigger and better things for us all, and make it easier for folks like the king himself TUNA to keep adding and improving on his app for us, which I plan on getting today or tomorrow once I get charged up on batteries.

The new update has made the basic H pretty pro and I'm flying closer to objects then before as my sticks are definitely better now. The ability to yaw and pan simultaneously is the true strength of its camera look. Here is a short example of something I knocked out yesterday as an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice, I like that. Mind if I copy it to Pics and Vids?

Go ahead. It's on Vimeo so it's viewable only and the artist is happy with the exposure. His name is Diego and he's from Chile and has done work worldwide. That's my recording studio he's working on. I've got a whole set of shots from my Q500 and it's hand held from its CGO camera plus lots of Breeze footage that I can make a nice time lapse of the mural. This is the only TH footage and I would not fly my H here prior to this update. My fly away and bad compass behavior was amplified by all the interference in our downtown from too much metal and microwave antennas. During that shot, I got a few orange flashes but no ST16 warnings so I'm thinking the allowable amount of errors before warning has changed and my guess now is it's how many over how much time. In other words, perhaps it now can ignore the occasional compass anomaly and won't cause a freak out unless it's a steady stream of drops. Until this new firmware, I only used the Q500 for downtown work but looks like I can trust the H a bit more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Tuna
Go ahead. It's on Vimeo so it's viewable only and the artist is happy with the exposure. His name is Diego and he's from Chile and has done work worldwide.

Ha, I gave it a shot, hope I did not butcher it. Thanks.

awsume work CraigCam!!

Not according to my earth bound camera friends. I'm starting to pick up on push back from video pros towards us aspiring dronagraphers.

LoL, I could why they would be inferior to your work!! You are able to get the shots they aren't.. it's obvious you have the drone control down pat!. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Cranky Trapper
LoL, I could why they would be inferior to your work!! You are able to get the shots they aren't.. it's obvious you have the drone control down pat!. Keep up the good work!

I'm currently working on the best headings for maximum light and shadow contrast while keeping my own shadow out of my shot. You have to think in 3 dimensions between TH height, angle , and movement relative to camera angle, pan, resolution, available light, and monitoring coupled with all the skills to pilot. It's the future of filming and will be soon part of acceptable credits. I'm curious where the various unions stand on us interlopers.

What, the gear doesn't retract? I pass.;)

Correctly set up and with a good FC there is no need for retractable gear, removing weight, complexity, and a failure point from the system. Look at the Ascending Technologies Falcon 8 as a great example. Less known than the common brand names but it had (and still has) the ability to provide extremely high quality optical and thermal imagery with highly accurate positioning long before the M200. What's really great about the M200 is the selling price may help drive down the selling price of systems such as the Falcon 8.

IMO, yaw with the Typhoon H is so smooth the 360* gimbal is almost redundant. As we become proficient with the H we generally don't need to raise the gear to obtain great rotating shots, although it can be helpful. Retractable gear on a MR with a properly placed and set up gimbal is not a necessary requirement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval