Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DJI just launched the Inspire 2 & Phantom 4 Pro... we can go home now.

Yuneec isn't even in the same century as these new drones and CAMERAS from DJI. 1" sensors 11+stops of dynamic range and 100Mbps data rate (and for the data rate naysayers yes it's important and it's double) and to top it off H.265 compression. Oh and wide color. Full 360 collision avoidance with front avoidance working up to 30mph built in monitor.... the P4 is $1799. Without the monitor it's $1399
Can you set their camera to focus at 9" and be in focus at infinity? Still waiting for you to demonstrate this claim...

Yep it's the end of the world.
It was nice while it lasted.
But seriously. They are both awesome bits of kit. Fingers crossed Yuneec is working hard on something.

Reactions: Firman
No offense friend, but I think you have your metaphor confused...

"Putting lipstick on a pig", would be something like DJI repackaging the existing Phantom 4 internals in a new shell or body and calling it the Phantom 5 without any new functionality; Looks pretty but its the same old thing...

In this case the look hardly changed BUT it has new/increased capability...

Keep putting lipstick on the pig.
I will never buy a phantom cus it's ugly to me... regardless of the tech they put in it.

The inspire is neat though. :)

Some nice features on both birds! Personally, I'm not sure I'm at the point I'd appreciate the features the new camera offers. I''m not that good or knowledgable when it comes to photography. I think my current drones do a great job as is!

The one thing it confirms for me, is that the Phantom line of drones is not going anywhere. I always believed the Phantom will continue as a true Aerial Photography/Videography platform. That the Mavic was not going to replace the Phantom (meaning there will be a Phantom 5). The Mavic will fill the "jack of all trades" drone and the Inspire as the "Pro" level drone.

Yuneec need to up there game and quick. Before everyone detects. Quickest way is to give the H a decent camera
Agreed on a better camera. Would be nice to see an affordable camera/gimbal combination with a zoom feature.

I'm looking seriously at the P4P! It was confirmed that the batteries are gonna be the same and will work in both P4's. The P4P has a slightly higher Mah than the P4 battery, but the same form factor. Thank you DJI for not making us have to buy a new battery, like the other Phantoms!

Nice features on the I2 but they are in fantasy land with the price. 3 grand for a quad with no camera! No thanks.

Nice features on the I2 but they are in fantasy land with the price. 3 grand for a quad with no camera! No thanks.

It's a professional level drone. It's not aimed at the same market as the H. It's a serious production machine and will destroy the yuneec camera quality wise

I wonder how many people now regret selling their P4 for the Mavic now that DJI has brought out a far superior camera on the P4P!

The one thing it confirms for me, is that the Phantom line of drones is not going anywhere. I always believed the Phantom will continue as a true Aerial Photography/Videography platform. That the Mavic was not going to replace the Phantom (meaning there will be a Phantom 5). The Mavic will fill the "jack of all trades" drone and the Inspire as the "Pro" level drone.

Yuneec could do with releasing some kind of road map to stop people defecting. A rumour would be nice. With the new 4 dji have basically put an rx100 on it.

Yuneec could do with releasing some kind of road map to stop people defecting. A rumour would be nice. With the new 4 dji have basically put an rx100 on it.

Yuneec lost the professional market today. It's going to be virtually impossible for them to recover that market.

True. The problem is we're in the middle of an arms race, and these companies are keeping tight control over rumours. I know that Yuneec are working hard on exciting new stuff, but until they tell us, we're in the dark.

The P4P camera moves the game on a lot, but the drone itself is playing catch up to the Typhoon in many ways. I'm glad they've got a built in screen at last, but that five inch display on an arm is not a very elegant solution :)

Reactions: eikkon and abinder
True. The problem is we're in the middle of an arms race, and these companies are keeping tight control over rumours. I know that Yuneec are working hard on exciting new stuff, but until they tell us, we're in the dark.

The P4P camera moves the game on a lot, but the drone itself is playing catch up to the Typhoon in many ways. I'm glad they've got a built in screen at last, but that five inch display on an arm is not a very elegant solution

And that screen is 1000nit and daylight viewable, or you could swap it to the 1500nit 8" screen all of that is being fed by a 1" sensor that is sending a 10bit 100Mbps data stream, thats twice the data that yuneec does

I could have sworn I got yelled at earlier for saying the same stuff lol, the H is a good platform but if you keep everyone in the dark people will defect and new customers won't even knock on your door to see if your open.. how about a teaser video , release a rumor do something . How many times must they be poked with a stick. If your new to the drone market and you compare specs , marketing and the million and one dude bro dji videos why would new people choose yuneec. Yeah there customer service sucks but apparently it's not stopping the masses from buying and allowing them to build capital and drop new and exciting stuff every time you look at YouTube. They are like Tesla in the drone world and my yuneec sometimes feels like a Oldsmobile lol

Dji marketing is way better than Yuneec they even have trial units out there to whip up the ore orders and still Yuneec are quite makes me think they actually do not have anything up there sleeve. If people defect to a p4 pro you lose the market for a while as not everyone can afford a new drone every 6 months or own three. Oh and it's Christmas. If I was in the market for a good quality photo quad at the moment and I had £1500 it would go to dji not Yuneec (sorry)

Dji marketing is way better than Yuneec they even have trial units out there to whip up the ore orders and still Yuneec are quite makes me think they actually do not have anything up there sleeve. If people defect to a p4 pro you lose the market for a while as not everyone can afford a new drone every 6 months or own three. Oh and it's Christmas. If I was in the market for a good quality photo quad at the moment and I had £1500 it would go to dji not Yuneec (sorry)
i had this situation and decided for the Typhoon H because I1 was too expensive .
but with the new Inspire 2 the old model should get cheaper... missed the moment :mad:

No offense friend, but I think you have your metaphor confused...

"Putting lipstick on a pig", would be something like DJI repackaging the existing Phantom 4 internals in a new shell or body and calling it the Phantom 5 without any new functionality; Looks pretty but its the same old thing...

In this case the look hardly changed BUT it has new/increased capability...

I have owned 2 phantoms and sold them. they are ugly to me... is there something wrong with me not liking the way it looks or sharing an opinion? last time i checked thats what forums are for. its actually getting tiring on here... the sky is always falling it seems.

Reactions: Brock.ugk
I have owned 2 phantoms and sold them. they are ugly to me... is there something wrong with me not liking the way it looks or sharing an opinion? last time i checked thats what forums are for. its actually getting tiring on here... the sky is always falling it seems.
I feel ya, I didn't go with the phantom because it looks so typical, it has a toy look, post what you feel brother that's the whole point of this site ,if it's not what's the point of calling it a forum. However the proof is in the pudding and I might defect regardless of the looks

I hear ya. It has great spec's and at the end of the day the image is what really matters. I'm happy with my H at the moment but I want
the Mavic for portability - and it looks nice compared to the P

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430