Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DJI just launched the Inspire 2 & Phantom 4 Pro... we can go home now.

SERIOUSLY?!!!! I WAITED THE ENTIRE SUMMER FOR DJI TO LANUCH THE INSPIRE 2 AND BUY A CHEAP INSPIRE 1 AND NOW I FINALLY WENT TO YUNEEC AND AFTER ONE WEEKEND OF HAVING MY TYPHOON THEY IMMEDIATELY RELEASE THE BEST DRONES I EVER SAW?!
Hahahaha.. sorry to heard that

This is all apples and oranges. Of course if I had a real pro gig doing professional filming with a full crew (no one ever talks about how the TH is attempting to make you a pilot and videographer at the same time and while it has two person features but most of us are stubborn solo fliers) and the money that comes with it I'd invest most lilekely in a full custom built 8 rotor to carry a real SLR. So comparing the TH and the Inspire is total BS based on price point alone. What's next is Yuneec offers the upgrade and then everyone will whine it's expensive. Look how long it took DJI from the 1 to the 4 to finally address its shape. Then look how your investment in the TH is being added to every update and you don't have the go buy everything all over again. I'll take 360 gimbal and raised landing gear and incredible hover stability any day for this price point. The grass isn't always greener. If you have DJI envy go frikin buy one and stop bashing the TH because it's not the same as DJI. That's why most of have this multi-rotor as it's not stuck in DJI slow innovation land. And let's not forget operating on the proper radio and video frequencies and not disregarding FCC US rules since inception.

Wow this makes my decission difficult. I was planning on buying an H this week, but now I'm not sure. I don't want to go down the DJI road again since their support sucks and for the first six months their procuts are like beat products, but if they came out with a hex it would be game over, I like that safety if I losse a motor or prop. Hard decission to be made this week

Wow this makes my decission difficult. I was planning on buying an H this week, but now I'm not sure. I don't want to go down the DJI road again since their support sucks and for the first six months their procuts are like beat products, but if they came out with a hex it would be game over, I like that safety if I losse a motor or prop. Hard decission to be made this week

DJI Space complete lack of complying with American radio frequencies and video frequencies has always been a dealbreaker for me. At least YUNeec
understands that nothing is the same between all countries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you need one this week, don't expect to get the new Phantom. If it is anything like the Mavic, it will be months before actual shipment. I am sure they have been flooded with orders by now so you would be way back in the queue if you ordered today.

I just watched the promo videos for the Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro. Let me just say compared to these the GoPro Karma looks like it was developed by a caveman.

Highlights.

- Inspire 2 is fully aimed at Cinema use and Live TV broadcasts. Incredible camera (more than one), power, storage, speed, obstacle avoidance & tracking, plus included built in tablet. On and it's no longer white in color.

- Phantom 4 Pro is the Phantom 4 we've all seen except they added 360 degree obstacle avoidance (front, rear, sides, bottom). The camera has been upgraded to 100 mb/s and is 20 Megapixel. The camera actually uses a physical shutter! No more odd digital artifacts. Oh, and a built in tablet.

God I love technology, but this is just crazy advanced. DJI with these 2 new products plus the Mavic Pro s firing on all cylinders.

Now if they can only get their production lines and customer service up to the same speed as their drone technology.

This was an awesome upgrade to the Phantom 4. I'm hoping to see Yuneec come out with a modular camera change, it's pretty easy to pop off the old camera and install the new one. As it stands with DJI, you have to purchase the whole new craft. I would prefer a new camera I can slap on the Typhoon H.

how can I do that. I have fpv goggles. I want to fly it fpv! I was going to mount my own camra. lol

I do not know how possible it is on the present H. Some say that it may need an additional transmitter.

I'm wondering whether the RGB feed of the RS sensor can be routed through the CGO3 camera feed. Just like how it is done on the thermal camera with Picture-in-picture, fullscreen, etc

Well, I just bought a second H pro on Bestbuy.........$1000 CDN off black friday deal. Paid $1600 I think. 6 left when I checked. Ya, Yuneec, get that camera tech moving.
Was really considering the P4P but ya.....I have always hated the bloated elephant look so I couldnt do it. Also....the DJI gimbals dont come close to yuneec wrt the horizon drift when moving fast directional changes. Played with the P4.....yip....the gimbal drifted.
See mavic videos moving quick....yip more gimbal drift.
I really hate that. Not for me. That can completely ruin a shot. Would have to stop and do the inflight level and carry on.....nope.
Still considering inspire2.......but geez I hate expensive quads.
Needs 6 motors for that price. Not fun if one is lost...not fun at all.
Still may get it though by spring when its had a good amount of flight by others.
Again, Yuneec, the H deserves a much better camera now.
We are waiting. Love the bird itself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval