Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do i miss something or not on my H?

Reaction score
Today i was flying and picked up the H. I noticed on the front and back on the corners that i miss two pins i think.
Can somebody check this because it's so weird it's on the corners. I don't have spare ones also.

20160707_211839.jpg 20160707_211827.jpg

Today i was flying and picked up the H. I noticed on the front and back on the corners that i miss two pins i think.
Can somebody check this because it's so weird it's on the corners. I don't have spare ones also.

View attachment 1719 View attachment 1720
You are missing them, but that's by design, only 2 are needed. These pins are there to "catch" the camera if you ever have a crash so that the camera does not go flying away from the gimbal and airframe.

You are missing them, but that's by design, only 2 are needed. These pins are there to "catch" the camera if you ever have a crash so that the camera does not go flying away from the gimbal and airframe.
And again you help me again. But is it from the factory that the are only put 2 in it. I really don't think that i loose them.
Can you buy this in the store.

I'm glad you asked. I just checked and my H also has only 2 pins on opposite corners. I wonder it this was a 'cost savings' idea at Yuneec? If only two are good, then four would be much better!
Mojoe35

I'm glad you asked. I just checked and my H also has only 2 pins on opposite corners. I wonder it this was a 'cost savings' idea at Yuneec? If only two are good, then four would be much better!
Mojoe35
Not necessarily, they might have found that 4 cause jello, as much as there evidence of corner cutting on this H, I'd be surprised (but not shocked) if they did this for cost savings. As well as being there to retain the camera in a crash, it's possible they can break over time if you are pulling the gimbal on and off, if you want you can use a very light cable tie or a piece of fishing line to replace, just make sure not to tighten down onto the rubber spacers..they need full moment for keeping jello out of the camera.

You'll have to drill a hole through the mounting box before you add any string or wire.

Just remember that if you decided to fasten it even with light cable ties, should you ever have a crash the camera and mount is likely to suffer more severe damage than otherwise, it once happened to me with a early dji phantom & zemuse gimbal fitted with a gopro hero 3 black camera, and the damage caused by fitting just two cable ties fitted diagonal was very expensive, this was before DJI had started fitting the anti drop pins similar to what we have on the H gimbal now.

Reactions: banned user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval