Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Do range extenders increase/improve video feed?

Present setup working well. Getting 3-4k in open areas. Gonna push it when the weather gets better. Cold batteries not good for longer range.

4d7904a3f55ea0447c3558619a085b4e.jpg

0c3fab2bb8b4b128c72e7a10c9013f14.jpg
Nice stinger52

I just updated the firmware on both the drone and the cgo3. I updated the ST10+ last week. Will try to see if WIFI stays linked now.

Do you need that extra antennae that is hanging from the done?

Not necessary but it helps. By getting the antenna out of the housing it gets a better line of sight to the controller. Left the stock antenna inside the camera for balance purposes. I started with just the ITElite and decided to add the extra antenna later. It def helps. I attached the mount with velcro so I can remove it for storage.

It was cold and windy today. Next weekend we are expecting 50 F. While that is still cold, it will be my next chance to fly the drone.

New record for me today. Flew towards PA across the Delaware River. Started the video at around 3800 ft. just past the island. Actually got out to 6300 ft and still had video. Chickened out and came back.

New record for me today. Flew towards PA across the Delaware River. Started the video at around 3800 ft. just past the island. Actually got out to 6300 ft and still had video. Chickened out and came back.

Well done and braver than me taking it over water as if something happened it's bye bye drone good distance

Thanks and honestly, I was crapping my pants. Next time I’m going for it.
Yea I was like that when I sent mine the distant I did I have never took it out that far again as am happy with the distance remember tho keep it in line of sight I know it's hard to when the new antenna upgrade does what it says

Mine is still at the Yuneec repair shop. I'm hoping to get some distance when all is done.

Reactions: stinger52
Well hopefully u have not sent the ST10 with ur drone to yuneec as that will be ur warranty void if the antenna mode is done
I sent in my original ST10+. I bought an extra ST10+ on EBay that already had the Itelite antennae installed.

I got word from Yuneeec that their repair center has shipped my Q500 and it should arrive tomorrow. I sent them my original, unaltered ST10+. After they replaced the camera under warranty, they did a test flight.

Repair Notes:
No signal drop detected. Test flew to 763.4 feet. Camera replaced, ST10 did not show abnormalities. Test flight successful.

Once it gets home, I'll bind it t my ST10+ with the Itelite antennae and see what it will do.

I got word from Yuneeec that their repair center has shipped my Q500 and it should arrive tomorrow. I sent them my original, unaltered ST10+. After they replaced the camera under warranty, they did a test flight.

Repair Notes:
No signal drop detected. Test flew to 763.4 feet. Camera replaced, ST10 did not show abnormalities. Test flight successful.

Once it gets home, I'll bind it t my ST10+ with the Itelite antennae and see what it will do.
That's good I might need to send my camera to yuneec to be replaced or checked was out on Saturday and twice it looked as if the camera had looked direct in to the sun it was sunny but just never had that before

Sent from my Pixel XL using YuneecPilots Drone Forum mobile app

I got my Q500 back from warranty service . They replaced the camera and now, finally, the wifi connection does not drop off. I have the Itelite antennae so I have no idea how far I can go without losing the connection. I did a couple test flights today and it went fine but it was 50 F out with cloud cover and a brisk wind so my hands told me to cut the whole thing short.

Reactions: Thomas111
I got my Q500 back from warranty service . They replaced the camera and now, finally, the wifi connection does not drop off. I have the Itelite antennae so I have no idea how far I can go without losing the connection. I did a couple test flights today and it went fine but it was 50 F out with cloud cover and a brisk wind so my hands told me to cut the whole thing short.
Wait for a better day and go for it again unless u are happy with the distance you had it job done see it does do what it says am unfortunately selling my Q500 4k so I can upgrade to the H

Now I'm seeing if I can get dashware to work. With my tesy flight, I spotted an airplane that I lost last year in a swamp. Now I need the latitude and longitude

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval