Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anybody know how to do a power up testing in a no fly zone

I made a big mistake! I called the local FSDO office to get the Waiver and they shot me down and did not even listen to the part of bench testing. Apparently he was having a bad day. I thought since I worked closely with the FAA in the past they might be more lenient. Hah!

People trying to contact local airport management to inform them of activities or request permissions will be extremely lucky if they make any productive contact. Roughly 30 days after the publication of Part 107 the FAA administration issued a directive to all personnel not to discuss waivers, permissions, or notifications of flight activity with individuals making direct contact with airports. All requests for waivers must be submitted to the FAA using a written format describing location of flight, times, and means of mitigating safety issues. This must be done through the FAA website. Once submitted the applicants must wait for a review of their submission for approval or rejection. This change of policy was not widely publicized but was revealed/exposed after some tried to contact airports after receiving their 107 certificates. Thus far there have been thousands of waiver requests submitted but proportionally very few approved. The wait time is long.

This policy contradicts the language contained in Part 107 used for communicating with airspace management but there's nothing that can be done to circumvent it. If you desire an FAA waiver you must first start here: Request a Waiver/Airspace Authorization – Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS)

View attachment 5082
My house is a Faraday cage!
Is your house stucco exterior? If so you just need to close the ceilings with the wire mesh and you are probably good to go. I do have a Faraday cage in my garage, my ham radio shack is a Faraday cage.

Well I got my waiver! I called Yuneec customer service They sent me the waiver form along with an instructional PDF on how to get the vehicle identification number from the computer. It is not the same number that is printed on the outside of the drone. Just follow the directions in order and you will be successful. One thing I found a little hard to do is to have the cable inserted, drone on before connecting to the computer. Also you do have to go into calibration mode to see if the firmware install took place. If it did you will see the option to turn off the FAA restrictions in the menu, select restrictions off. If it did all you have to do is to power down and reboot and then be sure you clear the data from the controller and then DO NOT forget to recalibrate.

Under no circumstances share your Firm Ware update with anybody! The reason is simple, it licensed to you and contains all of your personal information pertaining to you. Also be sure to mark your drone with the FAA identification numbers as well.

On your first flight I would suggest to be in a large clear area with no obstacles.
Good luck and fly safely.

Attachments

• Typhoon H No Fly Instructions.pdf
    621 KB · Views: 16

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin