Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anybody really know

Reaction score
I made a mistake today by shutting the st16 off first not realizing that I did not shut down the Drone first like you're supposed to.
Does anyone know if this will truly cause a problem of some sort?

Thanks
Keith Kuhn

The reason for shutting down the drone first, is to ensure there are control signals always available between the aircraft and the controller.

While likely rare, a device powered on without its remote controller in control of it, has the potential for receiving signals from other devices as well as responding to random signals or interference.

Again, rare, but better to play it safe and have the controller powered down last.

The reason for shutting down the drone first, is to ensure there are control signals always available between the aircraft and the controller.

While likely rare, a device powered on without its remote controller in control of it, has the potential for receiving signals from other devices as well as responding to random signals or interference.

Again, rare, but better to play it safe and have the controller powered down last.

Thanks I'll definitely buy that explanation makes sense to me.
Keith Kuhn

I can't help but wonder what would happen if someone landed somewhere other than "home point", and turned off the controller with the motors still running. I suspect they would have a real bad day, but I'm not going to be the one to go find out. At least not on purpose.

That is basically a procedure which is a left over from the past. When you had an old analog system it was possible to receive random signals ones you remote was turned off and not the strongest transmitter within range anymore. Therefore it was possible to have some unexpected things going on with you model, which you have no control of.

With modern digital systems it is highly unlikely that anything like that happens. Nevertheless it is always better to turn off the drone first in order to have full control to the last second.

I can't help but wonder what would happen if someone landed somewhere other than "home point", and turned off the controller with the motors still running. I suspect they would have a real bad day, but I'm not going to be the one to go find out. At least not on purpose.

Hard to say, but my only thought is that it would run the battery down.
Keith

I made a mistake today by shutting the st16 off first not realizing that I did not shut down the Drone first like you're supposed to.
Does anyone know if this will truly cause a problem of some sort?

Thanks
Keith Kuhn
It is possible that any recorded data during a commenced survey etc may be lost.

My Guess is they Shutdown within 30 seconds of no signal....;)
I'll try it on my Test Pilot H when the Air Temp is below 110 degrees and Visibility is better than a 1/8 mile, cough, cough, California's on Fire......

Reactions: WTFDproject
I heard a story of someone doing just that with a Mavic Pro. He landed because of a low battery in an open space and watched it touching down using the camera. Got the location where it was sorted and everything but forgot to shut the motors off before he shut down the controller. When he got to the location where he landed, no Mavic Pro! Likely, when he shut down the controller, the Mavic Pro went into RTH and took off with an already low battery. He never found it....

Reactions: WTFDproject
If you shut down the controller before the drone while videotaping, that video file will be “corrupted if you later try to view it. If it happens, restart controller, then drone. When everything is ready to go, start and stop video function. Shut dow in proper sequence. File should now be readable.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
If you shut down the controller before the drone while videotaping, that video file will be “corrupted if you later try to view it. If it happens, restart controller, then drone. When everything is ready to go, start and stop video function. Shut dow in proper sequence. File should now be readable.

It's funny you mentioned that.
A few weeks back I had a crash and the Drone got stuck high above on this some lights railroad lights.

So obviously I shut the controller off and went and 2 days later when I get the Drone back
Once I repair knit I don't recall what sequence I started brings back up then or shut them down in but that drone continued to film all it was stuck for two days upon these railroad lights.

That totally blew me away.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430