Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone ever have regretted purchasing the Typhoon H after all the issues with software and fly

Reaction score
I have a typhoon H pro, I like it but issues with the software and the camera being out of focus it just stopping me from loving it.

Sometimes I think that a Phantom 4 was going to be a better purchase

I have a typhoon H pro, I like it but issues with the software and the camera being out of focus it just stopping me from loving it.

Buyer's remorse, huh? Probably a common thing for all of us, whether it's drones, a new house or car. I think a lot of P-4 owners have the same feelings in reverse. Hang in there, call Yuneec for help when you need it (they answer their phones), and you'll work through the problems.
Best of luck.

Buyer's remorse, huh? Probably a common thing for all of us, whether it's drones, a new house or car. I think a lot of P-4 owners have the same feelings in reverse. Hang in there, call Yuneec for help when you need it (they answer their phones), and you'll work through the problems.
Best of luck.

Well yes it is a buyer's remorse, but some how I wanted to know that I wasn't the only one... thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine. Maybe I was just lucky and got a decent camera and well, I don't jump at upgrading firmware so mine is lacking some of the new features but I also don't have any control issues.

The one that bothers me most is the little bit of out focus in the camera, latest firmware seems to be fine

for me, no I am very happy, but I knew nothing about uavs, nothing to unlearn, relearn etc.. so learning normal stuff, not so normal, dealing the firmware hiccups and so on, gave of real time training on what should be and what can happen! so for me it's been a great ride -- based on all I have learned.. and I have to H's that's are rock solid with new firmware and everything stock -- but I am the exception to the industry and I think if I were some of the folks on here that are qualified pilots and have had so many issues I would feel the same way they do..

Reactions: Jonyslobo
I hear ya. While I won't say I regret buying the "H", I wish I waited till Typhoon H v2 or whatever the next iteration will be. I think they'll have it sorted with the next version so upgrades are consistent and don't degrade TH that were working just fine.

I bought a P4 after I had my TH. Got it for its smaller size. In the time I've owned both, the P4 has had way less problems than the TH. Has the P4 been perfect? No, but the problem its exhibited has not cause me to worry about flyaways or loss of control. The P4 problems have been with the DJI GO app displaying some message about the C1 button and it won't center your current location when it initially starts.

My P4 is sitting in its backpack in my office. Where is TH #2? Its back at Yuneec to figure out why after the last upgrade it drifts and the camera stays tilted no matter how many calibrations are done. What happened to TH #1? It was bad right out of the box. Compass board issues...

I still hope Yuneec will get the current H sorted. I really like it and always want to grab it first, but issues keep me from doing that...

Reactions: JohnL
I hear ya. While I won't say I regret buying the "H", I wish I waited till Typhoon H v2 or whatever the next iteration will be. I think they'll have it sorted with the next version so upgrades are consistent and don't degrade TH that were working just fine.

I bought a P4 after I had my TH. Got it for its smaller size. In the time I've owned both, the P4 has had way less problems than the TH. Has the P4 been perfect? No, but the problem its exhibited has not cause me to worry about flyaways or loss of control. The P4 problems have been with the DJI GO app displaying some message about the C1 button and it won't center your current location when it initially starts.

My P4 is sitting in its backpack in my office. Where is TH #2? Its back at Yuneec to figure out why after the last upgrade it drifts and the camera stays tilted no matter how many calibrations are done. What happened to TH #1? It was bad right out of the box. Compass board issues...

I still hope Yuneec will get the current H sorted. I really like it and always want to grab it first, but issues keep me from doing that...

Well It is good to hear that coming from someone that owns both, yes I know that dji app is not the best, But other than that what do you think about performance and video quality?

Well It is good to hear that coming from someone that owns both, yes I know that dji app is not the best, But other than that what do you think about performance and video quality?

May I suggest that if you wish to know about Phantoms you visit PhantomPilots.com, a sister forum. They'll be glad to help you.

Buyers remorse is very common and the first time you wreck it, you feel like crap.....awfully expensive doodad to wreck.
Kind of like when you get a new phone...oh how you hate to get smudges on the screen and the first time you drop it and put a dent in it...that really sucks.
However, there is light on the other side of the tunnel, part of the enjoyment of having a drone is working on it.
Usually that first spill won't amount enough to cover the insurance deductible so you'll do it yourself and afterwards the scratches, dents and hot-glue repairs will provide you with a sense of satisfaction that can equal or exceed the satisfaction you get from flying it.
You purchased a solid machine that will provide you with many years of enjoyment, and for the Phantom-4 vs the Th dilemma, the differences are so minimal that if you like the tough militaristic look of the Th vs the minimalist iphone looking Phantom-4, then that's all that matters.
Someone once said, "The trick is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have".and when it comes to technology, if you're able to purchase it, then the technology is already obsolete.
The Typhoon H is "bleeding edge of technology equipment", which means it's as close to leading edge technology as possible but still buggish enough to be considered beta stage, and the only way to circumvent this is to buy 10 year old technology, but don't get me going on legacy parts and service related issues.
One last thing to think about, I'm sure when you look at the threads on the latest revision of software issues, you may think to yourself, "Oh Crap what have I gotten myself into!" but the reality is that it's quite fun to test and collaborate on issues and fixes in a group setting with others that have the same interest as yourself, if this wasn't so, Harley Davidson would have never made it past the AMF years.
I'm sure some of our members may feel differently, be it they use the equipment for professional purposes or their really hardcore shutterbugs etc., but by and large the above applies.

Stick with it and welcome to the club!

I obtained one of the first H's available and have not regretted it for a second. Is the camera perfect? Probably not but using the photos below you can tell me if it's good or bad. One is the original JPG and the second is the same JPG after some light work. Look at them on a 32"-40" screen with 1080 or better resolution. Natural setting, lighting set to sunset/sunrise, no filters, camera set to 4k, 24fps. Still shot with a 14-17mph wind blowing.

I read about problems with every make and model multirotor there is on various forums, leading me to believe people prefer complaining over praising. A fair number of people complaining turn out to be the cause of their problems because they lack the knowledge and experience needed to fully comprehend how to use what they have, or elect to "cowboy" their equipment in ways contrary to what little is provided for general operating instructions with any of the models out there. I have little sympathy for people that modify antennas and other factory equipment and/or fly well beyond the distance people can see the aircraft to effectively control it, or have failed to learn anything about GPS and their flight control systems, who come back complaining about loss of control, fly away, or video drop out issues. Might as well blame a compass for pointing north. Others have some real issues but they are not as many as it might appear. Then you have the group that is part of the cheer leading team for any given manufacturer, but one in particular, that go to great lengths to disparage any equipment that may compete with their chosen manufacturer's sales volume.

So I don't regret anything about my H purchase. It has worked like it was advertised to. Camera focus is no big deal for anyone that really cares about it. Mickeyboo posted a real nice video showing people how to adjust it. It's not hard. All you need is an HDMI cable and a large screen to watch the results of your adjustment efforts. This one is the way it came out of the box.

Attachments

• YUN00374.jpg
    YUN00374.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 88
  • YUN00374 (2).jpg
    YUN00374 (2).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone

I haven't had any problems with my Typhoon other than focus issues.
I contacted Yuneec and they sent me a return label. They have finished fixing my lens and it is now in return transit.
Yuneec customer service is fantastic. They made it very easy to handle my issue.

No regrets at all. My H has delivered more useable footage than my Phantoms due to the gimbal and Wizard. I had a couple issues like the GPS glitch and twitchy movements early on but updates seemed to have fixed them.

I was one of the "don't calibrate " guys but after the last update I was getting drifting. After calibration my H performs great. I feel my camera is not too shabby either and the last update seems to have made it even better. Maybe I got lucky.

Nope ... i love mine a great upgrade from the q500 .....no issues running the latest f/w loving all the toys ....

When I bought the H, I was aware that as a new product I could have some issues.
And I started to regret when the issues came and I had to deal with Yuneec germany.
But then Yuneec UK decided to take the problem and now I have no regret anymore.
Does my H fly ? Yes !
Does my H film ? Yes !
Is my H pefect ? No ! but I'm convinced that the great potential of this machine will be used when Yuneec will have produced a good firmware/software

Not regretted it for a moment. I got one of the first ones to enter the country and it's been great. I don't think there will be a Hv2 for some time - the core platform is sound and performs as well as (if not better) than any of the competition - it simply flies well. We'll certainly see software upgrades, and probably hardware upgrades (like the thermal camera and so on), and they might change some of the hardware under the hood in later models, but I can't see a reason for them to replace the basic hex.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval