Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone ever have regretted purchasing the Typhoon H after all the issues with software and fly

Confidence is what it is all about. I flew 75 odd flights back in June/July and loved every minute. Since the subsequent 'upgrades' I am wary of flying my H. Hopefully my confidence will return but at the moment I fly with a dread that anything could happen. I suppose from a safety point of view that is good - always looking for trouble. Stupidly I upgraded to get the Drift feature but now have to steel myself to try it out.

I still love my H. Just downloaded the UAV Pilot Sim v.3 from the German site and it is great having an H to fly with landing gear control.

I Love my H too ! I always have !, And I had the so called "Perfect Unit" as a first receiver months ago(though, in this work/hobby. there is no perfect anything) I love Yuneec's customer service and quick and courteous responses and willingness to satisfy errors in workmanship and codex firmware issues. And yes, even operator errors have been taken at the cost of Yuneec!
My one and only complaint(Call it whine if you please) Is the repetitive releasing of new firmware without testing all factors and functions and compatibility with certain components and QC, sending back units repaired or replaced, with unresolved issues and untested thoroughly to assure the correct parts were replaced and not a"guess" repair made. Complete bench testing of components for defects before sticking them in a cardboard box and shipping them out!
This to me is intolerable sloppy QC. It would make for safer and more satisfied customers, but I am sure would also save them thousand of dollars in repairs and warranty cost they are having to eat, and use that savings to developing better firmware and accessories!
To be upset, to be "mad" and to voice this frustration is good for Yuneec to waken up and "smell the roses".
It is also good for us to know about what to expect and share our frustrations, not in the "product" itself, but in the way it is handled in pre and post production !
Yuneec has gone above and beyond in fixing, replacing and even upgrading my repetitive failed repairs, and faulty replacements, and I am grateful! Extremely grateful!
But to sit back and roll over and say, nor do nothing is not right! You can call it whining, I call it "constructive ventilation" It catches the ears of those lurking in the shadows, And believe me you, Yuneec has QC and marketing staff that are all over these forums, some may be the person you like or hate on here!
If the complaints, warranted complaints get to be much for you, simply do not read them, ****, you can tell by the title of the thread whether is a Sunny Day thread or a Rainy Day thread, don't read it!
Because if issues and concerns are not voiced, half the problems, that you that are having no problems would have never been resolved for you to be having no problems to begin with !;)
We are "all" beta testers, We that bought the first ones and those buying now, all beta testers, and when someone is expected to be a beta tester at the expense of their own $$$ money and down time, you will hear the complaints my friends! ;)

Last edited:
Agreed, and I can't figure out how to turn it round - it upsets me because I have a great machine and want to share how much I'm enjoying it. That was why I created the competition thread, just to try and get people to focus on flying rather than bitching.

It is an unfortunate trait of human nature (it seems) that the negative stuff always shines out above the positive. It's been said before - people are always quick to criticise or knock a product/feature, but seldom go out of their way to acknowledge it's praises. Just like all this brand X is better than brand Y stuff is a time waster. Like all things in life, the grass is usually greener on the other side, and everything in life is a compromise. Make the most of what you have, or have not.
Not to play the complete optimist, there seem to be a few genuine cases, but I would bet that these are a very small percentage of the complete user base out there. Does this mean that I fly with complete confidence? Absolutely not. And that is regardless of what airframe I am flying or what software, etc I am using. **** happens and gravity is a ***** - life goes on.

Unfortunately the negative threads are used by a competitor as ammunition to promote the superiority of their products. It's always been that way with just about all the higher $$ hobby products though, from radios to plane kits to gas engines.

All manufacturers should be made aware of the deficiencies that affect their products and service policies. How we go about that at times can be questionable.

Reactions: DroneClone
Finally Ryan at the time he was head tech guy took over my case. Even with him looking into my problems it took him 3 months to get back to me. I had already rebuilt it by then so I told him to take a hike.
He got promoted shortly after that.

Please try not to get into personalities.

Please try not to get into personalities.
There i deleted my post as you seem to think I broke some kind of rule. So many rules and not enough time to read them.
Good thing for the delete option

No remorse here, although I had my suspicions back when we were having the firmware update problems. I am a newbie with drones, but I did my research and ended up buying a Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K and fell in love with it, so easy to fly and looks awesome, then I read about all the features the Typhoon H had and I had to have it, bought it and have not regretted since. Just the firmware issue which I did not do until the 2.25 update, mainly because of this forum and all the different threads I was reading. But this morning it was a bit over cast but perfect for flying so I took the H up to 400ft and out around 600 -700ft and as I was flying my thoughts were what an awesome machine, the technology, the hours spent designing, testing so I can have fun.

Reactions: Rayray
I stopped flying my H after the third replacement unit and I am selling it and all the extras I invested in.

It's a good consumer product but far from a solution for professionals in my opinion.

In the future I will not buy another drone from Yuneec when it launches, but when the product matures in the market I would fly another Yuneec

And there's the rub, too many "professionals" buy hobby grade products expecting professional level reliability and imagery results. If those professionals performed their due diligence they would find all the makers of products near this price point rife with issues and customer complaints. The more sold the higher the number of complaints. A professional expecting a high quality tool would not purchase tools priced significantly less than other tools providing very high end product. Regardless of what the advertising states, at under $5k we are still flying toys. Realistically that number should be closer to $10k.

From a broader perspective, little research is given to establishing the experience level of those making complaints, or even establishing if some of those complaining actually own the product. It's very easy to establish that many generating early product complaints did so before some products made it to the retail market. We cannot positively establish the validity of a large number of complaints. Then we have the probability that many posting complaints conveniently omit failures on their part to assure they can maintain warranty status. Lodging complaints and intentionally omitting salient info is a form of lying. We don't know what we don't know. Not saying the H or any other product is without their share of issues, because they all certainly do, but the quantity is seriously open to question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah a regret that i ever bought the H. Glad that i sold the H. Software driving me crazyand the connection failures make me to get rid of the H. Never ever a yuneec drone.

I have a typhoon H pro, I like it but issues with the software and the camera being out of focus it just stopping me from loving it.

Sometimes I think that a Phantom 4 was going to be a better purchase
No regrets at all. It's a new platform and is bound to have some problems. They'll get worked out as long as people keep providing yuneec with productive feedback.

I have a typhoon H pro, I like it but issues with the software and the camera being out of focus it just stopping me from loving it.

Sometimes I think that a Phantom 4 was going to be a better purchase
I can't say I've had any issues at all. In fact, I had to start filming with it one day after getting it. I'm very impressed with the Typhoon H and Yuneec. In fact, here's a link to a video I added that addresses some smaller issue and a warning for Typhoon H users, but this is just from my own personal experience. I also show some of the shots I got with the Typhoon H right out of the box.

Wow I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Started with a 350QX, got three of those now one in a custom frame. I got tired of messing with the GoPro and got a 500Q when they came out. I got everything I was wishing or trying to get the 350QX to do!
I bought a custom frame for when that crashes, or pilot error is involved.

Then of course right after that the H came out and, I had to have that to step up another notch.
Have gotten some great stills and video and view them on an iMac 5K. If there was a problem it would show up on that.
I bought another one for parts after a pilot error, but after parts started flowing I now have two working models, but only one camera.
I think I will stick with the Yuneec line of equipment.

Professional? Does that mean you get paid for doing something??

Even in photography there is great equipment that for some reason does not have the Professional label on it but has the same or better specs that has allowed me to make a living with it and afford duplicates for back up when out on a shoot.

Attachments

• YUN00047-H50.jpg
    YUN00047-H50.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Have Yuneec H, G, 4k and Phantom 2, 3, 4

I wish I had not purchased any of the Yuneec products. Build quality and glitches have been too much. None with DJI so far

Love your H, I tried too, my P4 blows anything I have flown, other than a pro grade out of the air! My third H just,arrived with a shorted ESC board! Love it, till it fails, as with all electronics, it will !
Yup me too my P-4 is awesome....Both my Hs been in 3 times on there way in for a 4th time Total B.S

Last edited:
So how do you benefit by repeatedly knocking the H, on here?

If your "P4 blows anything" why don't you just blow on out of here and go play on the P4 site?

You could be flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis