Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone ever have regretted purchasing the Typhoon H after all the issues with software and fly

So how do you benefit by repeatedly knocking the H, on here?

If your "P4 blows anything" why don't you just blow on out of here and go play on the P4 site?

You could be flying.
Well 1st of all this is the 1st time I have said anything and hopefully yuneec reads these posts. Which I know they do so thats why I made that comment. And really the only reason I bought a P-4 is because I wanted to be flying while BOTH my Hs were in for repair. They have both been in 3 times and on there way for the 4th time. And by the way I own 3 Yuneec products and very satisfied with my Q-500. Its the Hs that I have the problem with. So I havent been "repeatedly knocking the H, on here?" That was my 1st post about anything negative about the H. I have been more than patient about posting anything.

Last edited:
without doubt the worst purchase of my life - never got airborne , yuneec don't answer emails , A friend of mine has one and each flight ages him as he has no idea if it will respond to inputs or fly away . It is remarkable that they don't stop shipping and fix the product
Imagine me I bought 2.

In the end guys and gals this is a fun and relaxing "hobby"! However long you have been in this particular segment of RC, if in frustrates you then it is time to try something else. I have tried many hobbies over the years and lots of them I no longer persue. If it is not fun then explore other possibilities. Thank you Have fun in whatever you do.

Nope, none of my Yuneec copters (knock on wood) have given me a moment of trouble. If you were into copters back in the XAircraft V1 thru SuperX controller era then you would just laugh at many of the issues seen in most Yuneec copters threads. (Not being demeaning here) If you get bored sometime and want to read about real troublesome issues check out the XAircraft 650 V1, V2 controllers threads. Then see what happened when XAircraft finally got it right with the firmware on the SuperX controller. Just to cut to the chase, they left the USA and all NATO countries with sells and support. We seem to have borne the cost of expensive testing. A lot of people were hurt by XAircraft and their unfulfilled promises and real money loss shows in XAircraft patrons pockets across the globe. Yuneec on the other hand seems very generous in helping fix or replace copters. Not so with many other Chinese companies. We are very fortunate they do assist and pick up much of the cost.

Yes they are slow with updates...but have you ever sat down and scoured over miles of code to find that one little issue causing problems? I have and it’s very tedious, one little change can affect many things which may or may not be easily detectable without many hours of test flight time.

Honestly the issues I see on most of these Yuneec threads are minor and mostly things like, 1st... I took it out of the box and it flew away......2nd... I don't understand, I did all the calibrations sit it on ground in front of me and took off. It then flew into a tree, wall or the person actually flying the model. (Personal fence). I seldom see a real issue other than Firmware issues. This is the biggest real issue I've seen with the Yuneec fleet of copters. Yes once in a while there is a bad GPS unit, ESC or motor. But most issues will turn out to be pilot error, lack of knowledge incidents, and calibration errors. Just because the lights go white, green etc.... after calibration does not always mean you really did it right! Example: I phone or cellphone in your pocket while calibrating copter... The one thing almost all seem to forget is to check calibration on the Transmitter itself with the sticks etc....... (Ex: it keeps drifting left with sticks centered, I did all the calibrations)

Again if you want to see real issues go back and read the XAircraft Threads... say on the RC Groups or some of the other sites. I know first hand about those issues and did my share to help correct them. I have NOT seen anything close to those kinds of troubles with the Yuneec products. Not a pitch line just truth. Many who have issues are newbies that grab copters like this with no prior experience. They jump into this copter without starting with small MXQ copters or Vista copters to learn on. Then maybe build a copter or two to understand how to do adjustments, weight centering, PID fundamental adjustments etc... Yea, I know, it says first time pilots but really, think about how sophisticated these units are compared to even three years ago!

Now I guess I will here all the yelling back that I have no idea what I am talking about etc......... But before you let the hounds loose understand the point of this post, just bringing up issues that with an experienced copter pilot would not be happening and how lucky you are to get covered by Yuneec.

Cheers

Reactions: Rayray
And there's the rub, too many "professionals" buy hobby grade products expecting professional level reliability and imagery results. If those professionals performed their due diligence they would find all the makers of products near this price point rife with issues and customer complaints. The more sold the higher the number of complaints. A professional expecting a high quality tool would not purchase tools priced significantly less than other tools providing very high end product. Regardless of what the advertising states, at under $5k we are still flying toys. Realistically that number should be closer to $10k.

From a broader perspective, little research is given to establishing the experience level of those making complaints, or even establishing if some of those complaining actually own the product. It's very easy to establish that many generating early product complaints did so before some products made it to the retail market. We cannot positively establish the validity of a large number of complaints. Then we have the probability that many posting complaints conveniently omit failures on their part to assure they can maintain warranty status. Lodging complaints and intentionally omitting salient info is a form of lying. We don't know what we don't know. Not saying the H or any other product is without their share of issues, because they all certainly do, but the quantity is seriously open to question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry, but i don't agree with you. professionals don't ony use 10k and up drones.
professionals use the drone that best apply to the work that they are doing.
i have a 30k plus drone, i have 5k plus drone, and i have also phantom's and typhoon grade drones.
last week i was doing a 3d of a castle, and i use a falcom 8 drone, but i also use a phantom because i need the size of the phantom.
i don't use the "h" in places were the falcom is a better option, but i also don't use the "h" or the phanton where the falcom 8 is the better option.
i was one of the firsts to have a "h" back in june. and till the first firmware upgrade, i was very happy with it.
after that, crash.. buy a new one... crash again...
i fly professionally and i can't have drones falling out of the sky.
i think that the "h" is a good option, i like it better than the phantom, but i still see use for the phantom.
have said that, i have buy 2 "h", but at this moment, i won´t fly it commercially... i just can't. there is no confidence on it. as soon as it get back from the assistance, it will get grounded till it have all (or at least most) of the firmware problems solve.
i don't care if is a entry level drone. its something that is flying, and something that is flying just can´t have this kind of problems.
a word of advise to yuneec... you have a good on paper drone, you had till the first upgrade a good drone. but if you can't have the things workout soon... you will be like the karma drone. it´s a good drone, it was a very good option if it came out in january
now, it is just not an option because there is mavic. it is obsolete even before it came out.
you can have the same with the "h", and it will be a shame...

ps. i have 280 log files in the less than 8 weeks that i could fly the typhoon, so...

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyDrone
sorry, but i don't agree with you. professionals don't ony use 10k and up drones.
professionals use the drone that best apply to the work that they are doing.
i have a 30k plus drone, i have 5k plus drone, and i have also phantom's and typhoon grade drones.
last week i was doing a 3d of a castle, and i use a falcom 8 drone, but i also use a phantom because i need the size of the phantom.
i don't use the "h" in places were the falcom is a better option, but i also don't use the "h" or the phanton where the falcom 8 is the better option.
i was one of the firsts to have a "h" back in june. and till the first firmware upgrade, i was very happy with it.
after that, crash.. buy a new one... crash again...
i fly professionally and i can't have drones falling out of the sky.
i think that the "h" is a good option, i like it better than the phantom, but i still see use for the phantom.
have said that, i have buy 2 "h", but at this moment, i won´t fly it commercially... i just can't. there is no confidence on it. as soon as it get back from the assistance, it will get grounded till it have all (or at least most) of the firmware problems solve.
i don't care if is a entry level drone. its something that is flying, and something that is flying just can´t have this kind of problems.
a word of advise to yuneec... you have a good on paper drone, you had till the first upgrade a good drone. but if you can't have the things workout soon... you will be like the karma drone. it´s a good drone, it was a very good option if it came out in january
now, it is just not an option because there is mavic. it is obsolete even before it came out.
you can have the same with the "h", and it will be a shame...

ps. i have 280 log files in the less than 8 weeks that i could fly the typhoon, so...
wtf is a falcom?

I have a typhoon H pro, I like it but issues with the software and the camera being out of focus it just stopping me from loving it.

Sometimes I think that a Phantom 4 was going to be a better purchase
I love the H been great in every aspect

Intel UOTE="Batfire, post: 57801, member: 3736"]Think he means falcon 8 but its just becoming available. "Funny thing is this drone was originally designed by XAircraft wonder how they got it and said it was their patent????? Drone helps Airbus fly through aircraft inspection
Intel unveils its own commercial drone, the Falcon 8+
Unless these are fallout engineers of XAircraft engineering division but I do not recognize any other them and know most of that team by name.

Cheers[/QUOTE]
Intel bought the Ascending. The reasence module was develop by them. They were the first companny that have a real funcional obstacule avoidence. Then intel step in and bought the companny.
So, i think its why Yunnec as the module of RS

Miguel,

What's your opinion of the Falcon 8?
Well
Miguel,

What's your opinion of the Falcon 8?
Well... its not a video plataform. It can have the full frame 7R but the video for today standards its not good because its only a 2d gimbal. But the bad news end here. Everithing else is over the top.
You can have it flying in less than a minute after you open the hard case.
You dont have to worry about magnetic or electromagnetic fields (i have fly in less that 3 meters of a 450kva power line.
You can turn the camera all the way up or down.
My Falcon with a Sony 7R ready to fly weights less than 2.5kg.
And its very small and easy to carry.
You can have it in a back pack on a motorcicle and ready to deploy in less than a minute
It flies Wonderfull.
You can easely start from your hand and catch it also in your and.
Chage payloads between cameras, less than a minute.
3 IMU redundacy
The new model as everything at least duplicated.
I really dont know how this thing could fall now unlless you shoot it
It looks professional for the client, it feel professional for you and in my opinion its an amazing bird
Assistence also top of the line.
Exelent option for inspections, survey, mapping with a very professional but friendly software.
By the way... i do not sell it :)
But its a really beutifull drone.
If you what i post a video that we made of a test for powerlines.

Would you? That would be nice. I've been looking at a SteadiDrone and the Intel system caught my notice the other day as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix