Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does anyone know the difference between these 2 SkyView headsets

Reaction score
Hello all,
There are 2 SkyView headsets available on Amazon. One is listed as "Yuneec SkyView FPV HDMI Headset For Use With HDMI Compatible Devices" for $40 and another listed as "Yuneec YUNTYSKL Typhoon Skyview L Camcorder Viewfinder" for $90. I don't know the difference between the two. They have different ASIN numbers and the $90 set has what appears to be a more sturdy strap system. The description of the $90 set says the product weight is 1.01 pounds and the weight of the $40 pair is listed as 2.16 pounds. Both are sold by Yuneec through Amazon and both are covered by "Fulfilled by Amazon" protection.

Did Yuneec produce 2 different models of SkyView FPV headsets? Which one is the better value? I don't mind paying $90 for a decent headset, but I don't want to leave $50 laying on the table if the differences are minimal.

Link for $90 set:
https://www.amazon.com/Yuneec-YUNTY..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=FE0DNM03EEWJ1NCTCNHZ

Link for $40 set:
https://www.amazon.com/Yuneec-SkyVi...=UTF8&qid=1540176228&sr=8-2&keywords=YUNTYSKL

Thanks in advance for your help guys

Hello all,
There are 2 SkyView headsets available on Amazon. One is listed as "Yuneec SkyView FPV HDMI Headset For Use With HDMI Compatible Devices" for $40 and another listed as "Yuneec YUNTYSKL Typhoon Skyview L Camcorder Viewfinder" for $90. I don't know the difference between the two. They have different ASIN numbers and the $90 set has what appears to be a more sturdy strap system. The description of the $90 set says the product weight is 1.01 pounds and the weight of the $40 pair is listed as 2.16 pounds. Both are sold by Yuneec through Amazon and both are covered by "Fulfilled by Amazon" protection.

Did Yuneec produce 2 different models of SkyView FPV headsets? Which one is the better value? I don't mind paying $90 for a decent headset, but I don't want to leave $50 laying on the table if the differences are minimal.

Link for $90 set:
https://www.amazon.com/Yuneec-YUNTY..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=FE0DNM03EEWJ1NCTCNHZ

Link for $40 set:
https://www.amazon.com/Yuneec-SkyVi...=UTF8&qid=1540176228&sr=8-2&keywords=YUNTYSKL

Thanks in advance for your help guys
Looks the same to me.

The only difference I can see is the strap. The $90 set looks like a nicer strap. I'm leaning that way.

Ordered the $90 set. Will post a review after they arrive.

Reactions: Ffrobbyrob
Awesome find. I can't not get one at $40.
Please post a review when you get yours. We can compare notes

I've have the $90 one for about a year now ($150.00) then.
Love it.
Wish I could use it every time I fly, but then I would need a copilot.
It's interesting when wearing these. You see so much more detail, no glare unlike the monitor.
When flying and folks come up to me, I'll at times pull out the fpv and let them enjoy the view.

The headset arrived yesterday and it looks good. The strap system was what I expected and the picture is clear. Time to grab my VO and go test it out.

The headset arrived yesterday and it looks good. The strap system was what I expected and the picture is clear. Time to grab my VO and go test it out.
You have to have an assistant you if you're by yourself. By FAA rule you have to VLOS.

I'm not sure if I left $50 on the table or not. I like what I've got. The headset is fairly comfortable, there are no light leaks and the display is very readable. Since I didn't try the $40 unit I have nothing to compare it to.

Did anybody get the $40 unit?

AH-1G, got my VO(Visual Observer) with me when using the FPV goggles. Even swapped out so she could try them while I flew.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm not sure if I left $50 on the table or not. I like what I've got. The headset is fairly comfortable, there are no light leaks and the display is very readable. Since I didn't try the $40 unit I have nothing to compare it to.

AH-1G, got my VO(Visual Observer) with me when using the FPV goggles. Even swapped out so she could try them while I flew.
Super, I'm sure she enjoyed the flight.

I concure, they are the same, I just got the $40 set and the straps look like all the others, including the one for $90. What was included in the box was the Skyview headset, with normal velcro adjustable straps, 1 HDMI cablem , 1 USB cable, 1 Clock storage bag, and instructions. Works great with the ST16 and my portable Blue Ray player as long as I have headphones plugged into the headphone jack on the Skyview goggles.

From what I can tell, the $40 version used computer renderings of the skyview which made the straps look funky (cheap), while the $90 version of the same used actual photographs.

FYI - Yes they do work over glasses which is good since the focus isn't adjustable.

Thanks for the input. The fickle finger of fate has intervened. The unit I bought died after the first use. Amazon is refunding me for the first set I bought and I will now go and buy the $40 pair.

I just got the 40$ set today. I haven't used them for a flight yet but I will tomorrow at some point. The Display is just fine, and the straps feel great. I don't know why the two headsets are priced different.

Got my $40 set. They work and this pair came with the nose pads that the $90 set didn't have. Considering what happened to the first set, I bought the 4 year product protection policy for $1.43. Think these were a better deal.

I've have the $90 one for about a year now ($150.00) then.
Love it.
Wish I could use it every time I fly, but then I would need a copilot.
It's interesting when wearing these. You see so much more detail, no glare unlike the monitor.
When flying and folks come up to me, I'll at times pull out the fpv and let them enjoy the view.

Which Yuneec product ru flying ? Will these work with the Mantis Q, Which has both an USB and Type C connection on the controller ?? Considering using with the Fatshark goggles with a NVIDIA Sheild tablet which has an HDMI port.

I fly the Typhoon H with an ST-16 controller. The googles have an HDMI cord and plug directly into the ST-16. They work on any HDMI output. They work on my computer as well. I use them for my flight simulator, but there is no tracking (when I turn my head the display does not follow).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis