Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Would anyone know how to calibrate the gimbal on the Typhoon H plus ? When i turn the Bird on by itself the camera will be horizontal as it should be,but as soon as i connect with the ground control the camera points at a 45 degree angle and wont go any higher?

Would anyone know how to calibrate the gimbal on the Typhoon H plus ? When i turn the Bird on by itself the camera will be horizontal as it should be,but as soon as i connect with the ground control the camera points at a 45 degree angle and wont go any higher?
What position are the Tilt Mode Switch and the Tilt Slider in?

Tilt Mode should be in the top or middle position and the slider full forward to have it level with the horizon. If the Tilt Slider is at mid position where you hear the beep, the camera will point down about 45 degrees.

Yes Sir tried all positions with the tilt mode just will not go higher than the 45 degree point,i have two ST16S and it does the same with both,its odd it just started doing that about 2 days ago.

Have you checked Hardware monitor on each controller to verify K2 full travel?
Did you run the RC calibration (hidden menu) on both controllers about the same time the problem appeared?
Any other activities on both controllers about the same time the problem appeared?

Do you have a second HPlus/C23 you can use to swap cameras?

I was out flying the other day and everything went fine until I added a ND filter to the camera. When I turned on the drone the camera tuck a wobbler started shaking with the camera facing down and at an odd angle. I turned off the drone and then back on, the same problem was there. I turned off the drone and held the camera at its proper orientation and turned on the drone agait, Walla all was well and I flew the drone on a full battery without problems with the camera.
Might be worth a try.
Mike

FWIW I used some small bits of golf club balancing tape to make sure my camera was fairly level without power with any of my ND filters on. Never had an issue. Essentially balancing the camera and not making the gyro/motor do all the work.

Have you checked Hardware monitor on each controller to verify K2 full travel?
Did you run the RC calibration (hidden menu) on both controllers about the same time the problem appeared?
Any other activities on both controllers about the same time the problem appeared?

Do you have a second HPlus/C23 you can use to swap cameras?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,i checked the RC Monitor and i am not getting full travel on the K2 how do i increase the travel on this and is there a gimbal calibration setting on the H+, i have seen videos for the H and H520 but can not find one for the H+.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!
Make sure the sticks, Tilt slider, Rate slider, and Pan knob are all centered at the end of the first part of the calibration before you press Next.

Glad it is fixed!

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece