Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does RTK help with electromagnetic or radio interference?

Reaction score
Hi,
so I think after my last thread I gained a better understanding of hiw RTK works, but I wanted to clarify one thing. RTK drones are very often advertised as great for technical inspections. I'm wondering what is the reason for this. RTK will allow for better and more precise stabilisation, and it helps when the GPS signal quality is not great (between buildings, in canyons and so on). This is logical and it's obvious to me how better stabilisation and orientation will allow to approach an object closer.

But does it make the drone more resilient to magnetic interference as well? For example when doing an inspection of live power lines, or large metal structures?

What about radio interference and other kinds of interference? I don't see how RTK would help with radio interference from cell phone towers, but I'd rather ask to make sure.

Did any of you perform inspections of cell phone towers? What kind of problems did you encounter and did you use RTK?

Last edited:
RTK gives a high precision location, but to get to the next location, the controller still needs an accurate compass.
Magnetic interference will make the craft hunt-miss-hunt for the next location.

Reactions: DroneCalzone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval