Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does your flight start at 100% battery status?

Reaction score
I'm careful to not overcharge LiPo batteries. As I don't really know how the Yuneec charger works, I'm careful not to keep the battery on charge for extended periods after the light turns green. My "good" LiPo chargers monitor each cell in the pack (2S - 10S) and charges each cell to 4.200 volts. Should one cell not charge as fast, the charger stops charging the good cells and only charges the low cell, bringing it up to the other battery voltages before charging continues. When charging is complete, and each cell is at 4.200 volts, charging stops - no more voltage / current applied to the battery. I'd like to think (HOPE) this is similar to with the Yuneec charger, but I really doubt it. Point is, when I typically start a flight, my battery starts at 95-99% and drops somewhat quickly from there. I mention this as I was flying tonight, just messing around, and I started the flight at 100% on the battery and it stayed there for at least a minute (maybe longer) before dropping to 99-98-97%. I was amazed and thought, perhaps I'm not charging the battery long enough to reach 100%, but I pull the battery off the charger when the green light comes on (let's say, within an hour of the light coming on).

I'm curious if others start with a reading of 100% on the phone indicator, or do you start with less than 100% and it drops from there somewhat fast.

I'm also trying to determine if, what I consider to be not long flight times, could be due to me not charging the battery fully.

I am charging my batteries now and want to start at 100% again before measuring flight times.

Also, somewhat interesting, I looked into Drones with longer flight times - as I'm sure we all have. The Parrot Bebop Drone 2 seems to have a flight time of 25 minutes, at least 2X the Breeze - and I looked at pricing, and battery cost, and controller, and WAY TO MUCH MONEY for me at this point - just starting with drones. I'm going to stick with the Breeze for a while and see if I can charge the batteries a bit more, then check flight times

I have had my Breeze since April 2017. Throughout the spring and summer, I consistently got 10 - 12 minutes of flight time out of each of my 3 batteries. However, when I took the Breeze out in late November, the temperature was in the 20s with a wind chill of in the low teens. For that flight, I only got 8 - 9 minutes of flight time per battery.

Reduced flight time in cold weather is normal for lipos. The colder it gets the shorter the flight time.

All my batteries started with 100%.
However, on the first take off, all went from 100% to 89% immediately!
After that, if I landed the drone, took off again, battery level never showed such large drain, only 1% or something like that.
I have 4 Breezes, 12 batteries, all factory and aftermarket batteries behaved the same way on any drone, 100% level down to 89% on first takeoff.
The battery/drone behavior was like a glass of beer, the first sip took away the foam to show that the glass was never full.
Maybe the name should change from Breeze to Beerze.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss