Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Down bird

Hopefully this is it.
The telemetry at 17:29:50 shows nvoltage had dropped to 14v and that you should have had two battery warnings before this. At this time, motor number 1 fails and the H does an emergency shutdown (f-mode 12). Combined with what you have said about the motor running hot, I suspect that with the low voltage, that motor effectively seized. I was a little surprised that the H didn't go into 5-motor mode maybe due to the low voltage?? Hope this helps.

It appears to me the H tipped over after it touched down which caused the motor to stop and the emergency shutdown. If the battery came out it wasn't locked securely. Even in falls from hundreds of feet the battery rarely dislodges. I think this is just a case where a combination of things went foul, but flying to a low voltage is the primary issue. Always plan to be on the ground when the voltage hits 14.6v. After the motors are off the voltage will rebound slowly to around 15.2 or so.
Connect the GUI and test each motor individually. If the same motor continues to get warmer than the others during flight then it should be replaced.

Steve, the H tipping over after touch down causing the motors to stop was the 2nd to the last flight which i posted yesterday 00039. 00039 is the last telemery file the st16 recorded. Why didnt the st16 record the last flight or would there b another way to find it. Is the telemetry recorded in real time or after the flight. On the conclusion of the last flight, the H was hovering at about 30ft , started drifting, then unresponsive, came down ,camera/battery came off. Unable to find telemetry for it.

Other questions
-Ran GUI, did test on individual motors and all 6. None got warm. How long should i be running motors. Would 1-3 minutes be ok.
-I also noticed the red light under the B engine doesnt illuminate. What would that indicate, how to fix.
- When the st16 reads 14.6 and rebounds to 15+ after landing, would that be a safe storage voltage for the batt.

Thank you all for your input. Highly appreciated.

Storage voltage at 15.1 to 15.5 is fine.
Each motor has an LED under the motor. They are inexpensive and not difficult to replace.
The motors are unlike to get warm when running them in the GUI because they aren't under load. If you hover for 10 min and land they should all be about the same temp.
The telemetry is recorded in real time and the time stamp is from the clock on the ST16.
Flight 0039 is the file I looked at. It shows a landing and then another takeoff.
This is the location it shows where it landed:

landing.jpg

The telemetry you provided above does not conform to the flight you described.

The telemetry does show an unexplained loss of altitude just before getting an error of motor 4 failing at 08:47:06.8 and emergency motor shutdown at 08:47:09.5. I believe these times are UTC, but not certain.

View attachment 9939
I am a new Yuneec owner. What software did you use to display the telemetry file?

More questions, When charging the h battery, The sc 4000 gets hot and i get a flashing blue light before fully charged. It charges up to around 16.3v when the blue light comes on. Is it ok to keep charging this way. I also have a battery that reads 2v ,4v, and 6v. Is it trashed or could it be fixed. As soon as i plug it into the 4000 i get a blinking blue light.

More questions, When charging the h battery, The sc 4000 gets hot and i get a flashing blue light before fully charged. It charges up to around 16.3v when the blue light comes on. Is it ok to keep charging this way. I also have a battery that reads 2v ,4v, and 6v. Is it trashed or could it be fixed. As soon as i plug it into the 4000 i get a blinking blue light.
You should get an aftermarket charger that will do a balance charge. That's really the only way to find out if the battery is still useable. You would also need to get the adapter for the H battery to connect to a charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone