Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drifting issue

Reaction score
I was flying this weekend very successfully until I flew over a creek surrounded by high cliff walls. Although there was still around 9-10 satellites seen on both controller/H, I had alot of random drift. In my pre-flight setup, I recalibrated compass and accelerometer. Both seemed OK. This is the first I've seen the H drift. I'm guessing it was because of the cliff walls, but shouldn't the accelerometer help to stabilize it?

I used the new trim controls to try to level the H out, but it still seemed to randomly move around sometimes to the left or right, sometimes forward/backward or up down at various speeds. I tried this over 2 separate days at same location. I managed to save it from crashing although a few close calls and I managed to pull off some amazing footage though!

Perhaps I'm thinking about this the wrong way, does GPS keep the drone steady, or does the accelerometer? I was afraid to do any sort of CCC in this location although it really would have been amazing.

Thanks!
Brian

the GPS hold your H on course and don't let him drift. The accelerometer and the compass help to bring the copter the stability and help him to control the balance and the course... without GPS the wind can blow it away ...and if you stop a way it will drift

Reactions: Rayray
does GPS keep the drone steady, or does the accelerometer?

Agree with eric. Both. GPS with basic lateral location, within say 10' with good lock on many GPS Sats, or 15'-18' on fewer GPS Sats locked The Gyro and stuff stabilize smaller movements in any direction, balance, etc...varies. Light breeze seems to let mine drift (hunt) more than steady wind.

In places with high vertical surfaces (cliffs, tall buildings), the GPS signal can get bounced around, which can confuse GPS units into thinking they're moving when they're not. How that will affect a drone I'm not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone