Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

DRIFTING

And another question!!! Tell me how to make the function of the POI, I try to, but Phantom H can not it. Phantom, flying a little bit aside privately and stops:. :) Please describe point by point.!!!!!!!!

this is how I do POI

First make sure you are in advanced mode
A. Select 'system settings' on bottom of remote
B. Select 'other settings'
C. Turn on advanced mode and back out to home screen

Start up and get into the sky my switch possitions are as follows

Both left switches are in top position

My right switches OBS is all the way up (off)
and far right set to center (angle mode)

Fly directly over an object like a house and point your camera straight down to find the center of where u want to circle

I then switch to smart mode (right switch in up position)

Next select task on lower right of remote and select POI press skip instructions and select center (this centers your H where it's positioned).

Next fly straight out like 100' and make sure your high enough to prevent any collisions with trees/power lines.

Press start on the remote and then slide to start to confirm

Finallay push your right joystick left or right to start it circling. Once it starts moving select 'watch me' on the lower right side of remote (above the task camera selection) and the unit will center it's camera on the center of point of interest. Adjust your camera up so it sees the object you are circling. Then simply hit record or snap photos

Unit will circle until you select 'exit' or battery goes low. Also note if you start your circling and want the unit to move slower simply press lighter on the right joystick (press halfway left or right) and it will circle slower

Hope this helps

so heres an update on my drifting issue....my H is on its way back to me...i should have it on friday....yuneec claims they recalibrated the st16....which is what i already did on the phone with a tech rep....so maybe(hopefully) they did something different...i am also wondering if they updated to the current firmware....sent them an email with this inquiry.... my fingers are crossed.....

got my H back yesterday....tested it out briefly because it started to get dark.....drifting seems to be gone....firmware was not updated(like they told me)....but thats not a big deal.....i still have J hook ...but honestly just about every craft (DJI)...that i owned had J hook to a degree.....If the drifting is gone then i'm happy....turnaround time was not that bad....just under 3 weeks....Everything arrived back to me in the same pristine condition as sent.

So after testing out my H for a longer period of time unfortunately the drifting problem is still there as well as the constant beeping of the craft...when i move the right stick around the beeping stops....The drifting is the real problem because all of a sudden it will veer to the right and picks up speed...

Re-calibrate, after letting the H sit for 12.5 minutes to update the GPS registry. Lift off and hover for about a minute, land and restart. If they put in a new GPS, the GPS registry needs to be updated, if not you may have problems. Try this and see what happens.

thanks john....they did not put in a new GPS....all they did was re-calibrate the ST16, which was already done over the phone with a tech and didn't fix the issue....but i sent mine in and they are going to swap it out for a replacement....

So after testing out my H for a longer period of time unfortunately the drifting problem is still there as well as the constant beeping of the craft...when i move the right stick around the beeping stops....The drifting is the real problem because all of a sudden it will veer to the right and picks up speed...
Beeping indicates a stick is not centered. Contact Yuneec customr service and explain that you still have this problem. Ask if they will cross ship a replacement transmitter.

after a ascent into the sky and fixing Typnon H one position it is stable. But after some time begins to lose its the stability and whirls. why does it happen?? Latest firmware of is installed.

Happens to me as well, drifting and J hook like you said, started with FW 2.25.

Last edited:
Re-calibrate, after letting the H sit for 12.5 minutes to update the GPS registry. Lift off and hover for about a minute, land and restart. If they put in a new GPS, the GPS registry needs to be updated, if not you may have problems. Try this and see what happens.

Why exactly 12.5 minutes ?

you can try going into the secret menu and re-calibrating the st16.....didn't work for me....call yuneec and they will walk u thru it over the phone....seems to work for some....I was curious to see if i still got drifting and j hook with the wizard and i didn't.....so unless i'm wrong common sense tells me something wrong with the st16.....i have a new one on the way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis