Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

drone crash update

Reaction score
Just had my H drop out of the sky, I didn't know what happened at first, When i lost camera feed, But then I looked at the radio screen and I knew want happen, I didn't see any volts or altitude or range. And i knew the battery came disconnected in the H. I didn't put the battery in correctly (going to get a velcro strap before next flight). The camera and gimbal is a total loss it plowed in the soft muddy ground.(landing gear was up) lost lower landing gear and 2 props and 4 arm clips (good idea to have few spare clips just in case only 2.99 each) I think those are designed to break on impact so the arm it self doesn't take the force of the impact . Everything else looks in perfect shape not a scratch. So i got on my lap top , won a brand new cgo3+ camera on ebay for 180.00, and another 50.00 of parts for the landing gear servo, lower and upper landing gear and arm clips. At least it wasn't polite flite error or issue with the bird it self.granted I am not happy having to spend over 200.00 ., But i think I got off cheap i was impressed that the bird frame was completely intact , no scratches , scuffs or cracks. (DID I SAW NOT A SCRATCH ? WOW !!!! LOL...) And yes the bird started right up, linked right to the radio ,got range, altitude reading and motors ran perfect, cooling fans working fine, no odd sounds , mums quiet.i all i was funny !! i don't mind if you "lol" at me in the responses I do think it was funny I still really love this bird...so what else should i do before my next flight besides calibrate the compass?
Merry Christmas

THANKS IN ADVANCE

RAY

===================================================================
well i'm for the new parts to arrive on 12/30 ill keep you all updated. glad i got the cgo3+ camera for 180.00. besides the aem clips breaking and lower landing gear, the bird connected with the ground station as normal gps, altitude, range and volt all seemed fine, hit the start button got the motor turning good, no strange sounds or hum coming from the bird at all. just need to know if there is anything i should check on the ground station besides the compass.

#8VETTE198620002000, Dec 26, 2017

=================================================================
Ok new update, got the new cgo3+ and camera wont power up.so i bought on (offer up .com) a regular typhoon h without real sense and and it came with a cgo3+ camera for 350.00 wow what a deal. i might return the other camera i bought for 180.00. Still waiting in the other parts to repair my H pro... Anyway i tested the new camera on the new "H" i got and it works great. so my first question is.. is there a seperate camera board on the typhoon H pro ? or is it all on the main board? second question is can i take the real sense off my H pro and put it on the bird i just bought without real sense; because the rear light on the (H with out real sense) looks different. third question. before i go through all this changing of realsense. is there a difference in flight distance between the typhoon h and the typhoon h pro ?

thanks in advance

RAY

#10VETTE198620002000, Dec 31, 2017
==================================================================
OK i bought a new bought a new main board with flight control board for 53.00 on ebay. after a week of watching videos. I decided to tackle the task of replacing it. I was somewhat worried replacing my main board with all the connections and all, but she is done. It really wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. everything seems to work fine but cant test realsense until the weather permits.

Thanks for everyone input on my previous posts

:note to self fire ground crew that prepped my bird for flight.

Ray

Reactions: Murray Martz
I would not fire them, I would dock their pay until the damage is payed for! Make 'em suffer!

I don't think that K fuse is as hard to change as you might think. I found some on eBay that look like they would work. The just sit in the solder on the board.
3.0Amps 125V Fuse 3pcs. Littelfuse 1808 SMD SLO-BLO Acting (3.0Amp / 3000mA ) | eay

Well yesterday i took my repaired "h" on its 1st flight. flys perfect, steady as a rock in 29 mph winds at 350 ft . perfect video. all because my ground crew didn't push the battery in all the way. So i had to let them go. The ground crew now works for united airlines as flight attendants.

Last edited:
thanks i was impressed , that it was as good as new. it flys better then my other "h" that i bought for 350.00. just cant get the other one to hover in place. it has a habit of jerking when i dead stick. i've tried everything i know.
Are you using the same controller for both?

Are you using the same controller for both?
At the time he replaced the fuse, we had no idea the actual size. However, it generally is blown from a direct short rather than slight overcurrent so the 3 amp will provide the same protection.

Reactions: racer102
yes same remote
Then you'll just have to take the H apart and do the same thing you did to the other one. :)

Seriously however, they don't all fly exactly the same and I'm not sure the reason. I presume you have done the accelerometer and compass cal.
You could also try to create a new model and then do the cals again.
But, if it hovers in place without drifting I think it may just be a difference in the birds.

Then you'll just have to take the H apart and do the same thing you did to the other one. :)

Seriously however, they don't all fly exactly the same and I'm not sure the reason. I presume you have done the accelerometer and compass cal.
You could also try to create a new model and then do the cals again.
But, if it hovers in place without drifting I think it may just be a difference in the birds.
Well the other one i replaced the main board because the "k" fuse was blown, this one its the 1st bind i did on this remote, did the compass cal, accelerometer. it will hover still , but then it will jerk to the right or left about 3-6 inches when i dead stick it. otherwise it flies great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold