Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone motors

Reaction score
Hey guys when I start the q500 all props spin but one struggles then if I give it throttle it spins should I just order a new A motor its the front right 20201202_111001.jpeg

It could be the ESC causing the trouble also. I would suggest checking the drone on the GUI first. If things look good there try swapping the front and rear A motors. If the problem moves with the motor it is bad If it stays at the front A spot it is the ESC or power feed to the ESC. This will save money by knowing which part/s to order.

It might also be a bad connection or a broken wire. If there is something like a poorly soldered connector or ripped wires, the motors have a tendency to causing trouble while accelerating.

Also check if all magnets are in place. Sometimes they get lose which might cause similar problems but usually it is accompanied by a changed sound.

Reactions: DoomMeister
When I spin the motor with my hand it sounds like a rattle
It might also be a bad connection or a broken wire. If there is something like a poorly soldered connector or ripped wires, the motors have a tendency to causing trouble while accelerating.

Also check if all magnets are in place. Sometimes they get lose which might cause similar problems but usually it is accompanied by a changed sound.

On the gui it says all the esc are all good I might try swapping both A motors thanks heaps good idea
It could be the ESC causing the trouble also. I would suggest checking the drone on the GUI first. If things look good there try swapping the front and rear A motors. If the problem moves with the motor it is bad If it stays at the front A spot it is the ESC or power feed to the ESC. This will save money by knowing which part/s to order.

If the motor giving you trouble doesn’t spin well by hand. It likely has dirt in it or the bearings are shot or need lubrication. With a prop mounted spin it slowly with your finger. You should feel a slight pulsing as the rotor moves past the magnets of the stator. If it is grinds, sticks , or feels wobbly just replace it.

When I spin the motor with my hand it sounds like a rattle
A rattling sound is usually caused by worn out bearings. If a magnet is lose it would be more like a clicking sound. But a broken bearing might also cause problems like that. I never experienced a bearing that worn out but it might be possible. Usually you swap them out as soon as you hear something strange. The motors often will be a little warm as well. So in any case I would recommand to replace this motor or if you are capable of (little bit complicated) replace the bearings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval