Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone Safety Map

Good. This is no better or worst because this is comes from Altitude Angel guys. Did I mention this is in testing phase?

Yep you did. I think it needs more testing. It's not pulling all the data from A/A. Here's how Hershey, PA looks on A/A and my New York FAA VFR Sectional iand B4UFLY vs. that.No58n.jpeg 58N.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0640.PNG
    IMG_0640.PNG
    325.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Testing by whom? To think the FAA is going to use a new set of maps for pilot testing is beyond comprehension. To think they are going to develop a new map standard for remote operators that differs from those used for full scale operations is even less comprehensible. What is the NPRM docket number to support this? What legal connectivity does Altitude Angel have with the FAA, Congress, and the formal rule making process?

Reactions: donmcw and THoff
I think he meant the website is in beta testing? Not sure why we need yet another source of information that is readily available from the FAA and elsewhere? If in doubt, call the Airport/Heliport or your local FSDO. I'm also a Pilot, so the consequences of NOT complying with the FAA and "sharing the air" by the book would not be good. Communication is a cornerstone of flight safety.

That being said, the map link he posted pulls up London, England. Maybe they need something like B4UFLY over there?

Could well be, but they have aviation authorities in abundance over there too.

I commend you on your understanding of the system. Great to see some really are paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FLYXLSA
I think he meant the website is in beta testing? Not sure why we need yet another source of information that is readily available from the FAA and elsewhere? If in doubt, call the Airport/Heliport or your local FSDO. I'm also a Pilot, so the consequences of NOT complying with the FAA and "sharing the air" by the book would not be good. Communication is a cornerstone of flight safety.

That being said, the map link he posted pulls up London, England. Maybe they need something like B4UFLY over there?
We have drone assist app in UK, made by altitude angel, it is allied to ATC and CAA I believe. Very good and allows you to post your own flight as a hazard. If your in UK get it NOW, it's free.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Something I like about AltitudeAngel is that it gives you a phone number for virtually every podunky little airport. I've used this feature to notify a local airport that I was planning a flight within the 5 miles radius. The airport operator said "no problem if you stay below the 400' ceiling". Don't ask for permission, just tell the airport what you are planning to do. If they see a problem with your flight plans, they will tell you.
B4UFly is nice for the mobile phone to see hazards (US only) but is not as helpful.
If I use my iPhone as a WiFi hotspot, I can load AltitudeAngel up on the ST16 to get nearby airport phone numbers while I'm in the field. Don't forget to return your mobile phone to Airplane Mode or OFF before you boot up the TH.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus