Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drone toilet or loss of gps signal - what is the way out ...

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Immediately give my apologies for poor English - google help me ..

Carefully read this thread - Update on Typhoon H
but its administration has closed in order to avoid barking people.

I want to share my opinion on that forum thread and my experience.
I want to say that Typhoon itself very rarely loses touch with gps and can even work with 4-6 satellites. I did not observe total loss of satellites even once.

I bought my bird oneone month earlier before the official start of the drone sales from a merchant on Ali. I think he is from the test batch of drones. And the first Typhoon in Russia (I am proud of it)..
The lyrics are over, now to the point ...
As I mentioned above, the drone can swear at a bad gps signal, but never lost it (in any case).
But there are problems with the compass sensor. Below in the video, the start of the drone's toilet bowl, due to the malfunctioning of the compass sensors due to the low altitude above the road and the large trailers passing under the drone.

Further video shooting stopped, as the drone began to strongly down the toilet and it suffered in the direction (moved to the side) of the wires.
As I came out of this problem from the old experience of overcoming these problems with a compass error ..-
1.Quickly raise it to a safe height - in this case, I raised it to a height of 50-60 meters.
2.It continues to fit down at a height - we make fast drone spans right-left back and forth (you can turn it to any angle, better 180 degrees and repeat the operation with a span in azimuths)
3. Drone recovers compass. We go to the landing. Landing is always successful.
4.Reboot the drone. Required.

...continue further flights and enjoy a stable slave birdies.

All good flight and I hope my experience will be useful to someone.!

Reactions: rdonson and PatR
Makes sense. Fly it out of the position where toilet bowling initiated and keep maneuvering it in Angle mode until the condition subsides.

Turning off the GPS will instantly stop the toilet bowl condition. You can then manually fly it or land.

Reactions: Gurusonwheels

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace