Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drowned Drone.

Reaction score
Playing with the H , along a two -track road down along the creek. Playing "watch me "
Enjoyed watching the Realsense pick it's way out of a cul-de-sac sack that it flew in.
But it sees what's in front of it. Not over nor under it . Not right or left.
But in order to fly around the obstacle , it must fly in those directions.
I watched it clip a twig , go completely sideways , fall about 8 feet , right itself and make a perfect landing.......in 3 feet of water.
Out of the water in abt 3 mins . Took the battery out first thing .
Hung it in front of a big electric fan , flipped it around and around for 4 days.
Talked to Frank at Carolina Dronz , big help with info, he tells me "main board probably" $150 about.
Soooo I pop in a battery and try a normal start-up. No pops , no bangs , no smoke.
But , I think I smelled a burn.
Any way , landing gear drops , it connects with 16 and camera has a picture . Run a gimble check , moving around fine.
Only one motor runs.
I twiddled all the knobs , pushed all the buttons. Turned all on that was off and visi versa.
Then send it to Carolina Dronz they have had it two weeks. Ordered a board , don't know how long that takes to arrive.
Hopefully Frank will take out his little bones and feathers beat on his tom-tom
And poof it whines again.
I know nothing about electronic stuff.
Remember Kelly's Heroes....Odd Job...
He said about his tank..
" I just drive em , I don't know what makes em go "
So give Carolina Dronz encouragement and help get this geezer flying again .

Glad to hear you may have things sorted and it is good to get some positive feedback on businesses and the people that run them.

Lets hope that your scenario is taken seriously by other members. Watch Me or Follow Me are great functions, as is the Obstacle Avoidance or RealSense, but.......they aint foolproof.

Reactions: Trapper Millet
Playing with the H , along a two -track road down along the creek. Playing "watch me "
Enjoyed watching the Realsense pick it's way out of a cul-de-sac sack that it flew in.
But it sees what's in front of it. Not over nor under it . Not right or left.
But in order to fly around the obstacle , it must fly in those directions.
I watched it clip a twig , go completely sideways , fall about 8 feet , right itself and make a perfect landing.......in 3 feet of water.
Out of the water in abt 3 mins . Took the battery out first thing .
Hung it in front of a big electric fan , flipped it around and around for 4 days.
Talked to Frank at Carolina Dronz , big help with info, he tells me "main board probably" $150 about.
Soooo I pop in a battery and try a normal start-up. No pops , no bangs , no smoke.
But , I think I smelled a burn.
Any way , landing gear drops , it connects with 16 and camera has a picture . Run a gimble check , moving around fine.
Only one motor runs.
I twiddled all the knobs , pushed all the buttons. Turned all on that was off and visi versa.
Then send it to Carolina Dronz they have had it two weeks. Ordered a board , don't know how long that takes to arrive.
Hopefully Frank will take out his little bones and feathers beat on his tom-tom
And poof it whines again.
I know nothing about electronic stuff.
Remember Kelly's Heroes....Odd Job...
He said about his tank..
" I just drive em , I don't know what makes em go "
So give Carolina Dronz encouragement and help get this geezer flying again .

If your H gets 'drowned' it is important to immediately remove the battery.
Afterwards you need to rinse it very thoroughly with distilled water and dry it thoroughly for several days.
This will remove dust and dirt etc held in suspension by fresh/salt water If you do not do this the dust etc contained in the water is left behind when the water evaporate and forms conductive tracks, hence POP - FIZZZZ - dead...
Not a guarantee of 'reincarnation' of course but improves your chances..

Reactions: Trapper Millet
Glad to hear you may have things sorted and it is good to get some positive feedback on businesses and the people that run them.

Lets hope that your scenario is taken seriously by other members. Watch Me or Follow Me are great functions, as is the Obstacle Avoidance or RealSense, but.......they aint foolproof.

Well Mr. Ant. I've always seen that people that run a good business , like the folk in South Carolina there. Are a business that keeps me in front. Don't mean , walk through broken glass. Just a "hey we're waiting for left handed screw to come in."
Big plus for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49