Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

e30zx took a expensive hit

Reaction score
well did 8 flights 4 with the 1st gen h520 no issues then did 4 flights with h520e first 2 with e90 no problems. last 2 flights with e30zx first one had no issues with unit. the final flight though had the h520e in for final landing the unit close to equipment is used to carry it out hit 15 percent then unit went rtl landing skid lifted aircraft going backup unable to change pilot modes scrapped few tree limbs came down hard lost 2 arms one of which I do not have a spare for. That one has antenna on it. lost the landing gear glad I used the ball pads instead of orginal landing skid pads. gimbal mount looks good but has damaged wire going the the odfm unit. odfm unit was unscathed. new internal frame needed. cracked the glass lens on the inside on the e30zx .

OUCH!

yes pain full indeed. I hope I can send it to vertigo drones for repair.
I was getting a good handle of the e30zx camera to. actually in it's current shape I going to have to drop it off in person. It will not fit in the box anymore.

So what what I got for the cause on this was a change to RTL at minimum low battery level of 15% and changing the Flight Mode switch from Angle to another and back did not abort the RTL. This resulted in the Landing Gear raising automatically and an uncontrolled ascent into the trees breaking arms and causing the aircraft to fall to the ground and causing damage to the camera and internal frame of the aircraft.

There needs to be an option in the setup to keep the aircraft from doing an RTL at critical low battery. There needs to be an option for it to do an auto landing at that battery level.

Hopefully repairs can be done quickly, professionally, and without too excessive a cost.

on h520 series the rtl at low battery level has been at 10 percent not 15 percent. well this is the case I had the rtl set to high at the location I was at. rtl set at 2 to 3 feet would have saved a lot of damage becuase it would have not rased up to tree limb level and would of headed back to a open land with a clear path.

Reactions: Rayray
the camera is going to cost the most. need a new internal glass zoom lens. the external lens is intact not cracked. main body has no damage

Yikes, Terrance! I know how easy it is to lose track of batt voltage when you're concentrating on mission aspects. When I'm flying at various locations I try to preset an appropriate RTL altitude for the new site, and low voltage trigger at 30% if flight distance will be far.

Over the years I have harmed quite a few trees. Best wishes.

Je vous fais remarquer que c'est avec tout les drones Yuneec -qu'on peut avoir ce cas je l'ai eu avec un TYPHOON H PR batterie trop faible
Diminuer la vitesse de la hauteur et avec un déclencheur basse tension de 30% pour le retour RTL dans mon cas je fais revenir manuellement à petite vitesse et à vue.
Attention tenir compte que la caméra E30z (zoom) est 2 fois plus lourde qu'une autre caméra

Je vous fais remarquer que c'est avec tout les drones Yuneec -qu'on peut avoir ce cas je l'ai eu avec un TYPHOON H PR batterie trop faible
Diminuer la vitesse de la hauteur et avec un déclencheur basse tension de 30% pour le retour RTL dans mon cas je fais revenir manuellement à petite vitesse et à vue.
Attention tenir compte que la caméra E30z (zoom) est 2 fois plus lourde qu'une autre caméra
E30ZX is heavier than the E90X, Not twice as heavy, but it does reduce max flight time a bit. I agree about 30% RTL setting.

I just got back home from hand delivery of the crashed h520e and damage camera to vertigo drones in webster ny. Waiting for repairs to get done. They gave me a very good impression with the staff and tech on duty. Tech was very interested in the pictures that was taken with the e30zx. Ray question for you how is your e30zx holding up for you. I have not had any issues with e30zx image quality both zoomed in and zoomed out before the h520e crash.

just got email from vertigo drones repairs done 3 flight test done. bill under 700.00 was expecting 1500.00 due to e30zx camera. to late from me to call them today but friday they will be called when they open at 9am to pay the bill asap and get my bird and camera back in working order. The logs from the sd card in the drone points to possible bad flight battery. due to that I not going to use the 2 oem h520e batteries in flights. the h3 battery are good to use for flights.

I just got back home from hand delivery of the crashed h520e and damage camera to vertigo drones in webster ny. Waiting for repairs to get done. They gave me a very good impression with the staff and tech on duty. Tech was very interested in the pictures that was taken with the e30zx. Ray question for you how is your e30zx holding up for you. I have not had any issues with e30zx image quality both zoomed in and zoomed out before the h520e crash.
No problems with the E30ZX, Terrance (so far...) Wow, quite a trip. I knew Vertigo would do their utmost for you. (I've also had no problems with my 4 Yuneec H520E batteries.)

on h520 series the rtl at low battery level has been at 10 percent not 15 percent. well this is the case I had the rtl set to high at the location I was at. rtl set at 2 to 3 feet would have saved a lot of damage becuase it would have not rased up to tree limb level and would of headed back to a open land with a clear path.
With quite a few hours of H520 flights over several years, and several months with the H520E, I have to strongly suggest that RTL battery warning not be set below 20% under load. I keep mine at 30%, and always hover fly if needed to reduce a charged battery to storage voltage before storing more than 2-3 days. Set RTL height as needed for each flying site, such as 20'-80'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval