Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

e90 gimbal issue

Reaction score
Can anyone shed light on this issue....when I turn on power switch on 520, unit boots up then gimbal goes into its leveling sequence and jiggles and dies before completion and starts emitting three beeps and flashing green light on camera. although camera just lies there limp and lifeless all of the other functions seem to work, video works, photos work, motors wind up, landing gear works, seems to communicate freely between 520 and st16s. everything but gimbal controls. one time, upon turn on of the 520 the gimbal just spun in circles until It disabled itself. one more thing is ….on every beep the gimbal jiggles a tiny bit as if it is trying to right itself. all updates have been installed. unit has passed compass and accelerator calibration. it will not complete gimbal calibration! any and all insight is greatly appreciated.
mike

How long have you had it ? you might need to send it in for repairs. make sure your mounting the camera right. Loose wires, rough landings, jolting joints or loose joints. Any sign of wear and tear can help decide what might be the problem. I never use automated landing. I always land my drones myself.
Hope that helps

Luke Dietz,

thanks for response, two months, I bought it as a crashed unit and fixed it. but all with the gimbal was good till I did the update then issue started. do you know if there is a way to wipe out or format the camera (gimbal) firmware or software and try and start from scratch? maybe that would reset gimbal! also do you know what the two holes are above the camera card that seem to be reset buttons (that don't seem to do anything?)

do you know if there is a way to wipe out or format the camera (gimbal) firmware or software and try and start from scratch?[/QUote

I'm not sure if you can go backward in your updates. You will have to go through the computer program that you used to update the camera.
I'm pretty new to using high end drones, I have had mine for about 4 months. But i've studied mine a lot and have read what other people have to say about it. I'm not sure about the 2 holes on your camera ether. I have the CGO3+, not the E90. I'm not familiar with that one. You can update everything and see if that could fix your problem. Youtube is pretty good about how to videos. Or check out YUNEEC's website for more help. I hope that helps you.

Mr. I

I have the same question how can we handle the two push buttons near the sd card slot .Are they for a Hardware reset? Anyone there who has experience with these two buttons ?

They are on all Yuneec cameras cgo3 plus and C23 /E90 ..

Regards M.C.IMG-20181229-WA0017.jpeg

I have the same question how can we handle the two push buttons near the sd card slot .Are they for a Hardware reset? Anyone there who has experience with these two buttons ?

They are on all Yuneec cameras cgo3 plus and C23 /E90 ..

Regards M.C.View attachment 13392

Very good question. Let's see if @Haydn or some other technical service partners can answer.

In the meantime you can have a look at the published despiece photos.

H520 and E90 parts and teardown

Seems like only one is used to reset the cameras WiFi password incase you change it and for get it.
I have not found the use for the other one.

Reactions: arruntus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1