Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

e90 gimbal melted... no idea how or why

Reaction score
the rubber shocks just melted while mid flight.... I got it back on the ground with all this sticky goo running down the legs. Anybody know what might cause this. IMG_4997.jpeg

My guess is unbalanced props would cause oslations and lead to the shocks failing. Have you noticed any jello in your videos recently.
Cheers.
Mike

If they actually melted, it may be some sort of cleaning agent or chemical that has melted them.

My guess is unbalanced props would cause oslations and lead to the shocks failing. Have you noticed any jello in your videos recently.
Cheers.
Mike
Stretching under strain? might be worth removing the camera in future to relieve this.

To put it away, only two solutions.
Either remove the camera to avoid stretching the silent-blocks.
Either store it in the bag with a good package of foam under the camera to raise the basket to the maximum.
In your case, I think the rubbers have been stretched too long and can even be dried.

This is the best idea to get rid of the messy silicone-filled dumpers. No more leaking and works much better than silicone ones. Now the opinions may differ but on me, this is the best option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm having same issue of leaking dumpers. The leakage is not big, the dumpers look as though they were rather sweating than spilling, yet they are streatched and I'm afraid that they break like they did to @Daryl13. This will not be good at all!
So now I have a question or two:
  • is e90 safe hanging on 4 rubber dumpers only? @Daryl13's case shows it is not as it is not unlikely that the dumpers can be torn
  • how good is a foam upgrade? Could those who have been flying e90 and/or TH+ equivalent with foam filled dumpers share your opinions? It has been some time now since this invention was discovered/developed so you would probably have a good load of observations.
Pawel

I'm having same issue of leaking dumpers. The leakage is not big, the dumpers look as though they were rather sweating than spilling, yet they are streatched and I'm afraid that they break like they did to @Daryl13. This will not be good at all!
So now I have a question or two:
  • is e90 safe hanging on 4 rubber dumpers only? @Daryl13's case shows it is not as it is not unlikely that the dumpers can be torn
  • how good is a foam upgrade? Could those who have been flying e90 and/or TH+ equivalent with foam filled dumpers share your opinions? It has been some time now since this invention was discovered/developed so you would probably have a good load of observations.
Pawel
Perhaps no news is good news! I'm sure someone would of been vocal by now if it didn't work.

@Steve Carr used foam with dampers from the CGO3 (Q500) and was happy with the modification. He stated the jello factor was about the same as using the C23 OEM dampers.

@Steve Carr used foam with dampers from the CGO3 (Q500) and was happy with the modification. He stated the jello factor was about the same as using the C23 OEM dampers.
Did the Q500 have silicone filled dampers? I've got some and there solid like the CG03+. Or was this a swap out?

Did the Q500 have silicone filled dampers? I've got some and there solid like the CG03+. Or was this a swap out?
The CGO3 had 3 lobe dampers. I used those and pushed foam inside and then secured them with dental floss. Seemed to work well. It is important to use the floss because the lip on these dampers are more flexible and may pull out in a hard landing.

Sorry but the sound is awful in this video:

Reactions: arruntus
The CGO3 had 3 lobe dampers. I used those and pushed foam inside and then secured them with dental floss. Seemed to work well. It is important to use the floss because the lip on these dampers are more flexible and may pull out in a hard landing.

Sorry but the sound is awful in this video:

Thanks I got some for the CG03+ mod to stop slipknot chaffing on the wires, just wasn't aware or looked like they would leak like the C23 or E90. All cleared up now.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig