Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Gimbal GPS Fixed

Reaction score
I just got my Typhoon H back from Vertigo Drones havign the Gimbl's YAW Encoder replaced.
As instructed, I calibrated the COMPASS first.
Secondly, I calibrated the GIMBAL
While the gimbal was calibrating, I attached the props and I jostled the Typhoon H a little.
Upon first flight, the Camera/Gimbal seemed to be GPS FIXED in one compas direction.
I have control of the camera UP and DOWN.
Anyone see my error here?

I have my ST16 Flight Mode Set As:
- Angle Mode
- OBS Avoidance OFF
- TILT mode V
- PAN mode F

I know Vertigo Drones say that they TEST 3-Times before returing.

So, what am I doing wrong?

By Pan Mode F are you saying the Pan Mode switch is set to the middle position?

What you describe for the action of the gimbal pan is the Pan Mode switch in the bottom Global position. The gimbal will maintain a heading no matter how the aircraft moves.

Try running the gimbal calibration again after you run the static accelerometer calibration. That helps align the IMU’s for camera and aircraft. Do not touch the aircraft while the calibrations are running.

You should have just flown it after receiving it, the Compass Calibration wasn't needed, unless you received a Notification on the ST16 to do so, and Calibrating the Gimbal was un-necessary if a Factory Calibration was done when repaired, also Installing the Prop's while the Calibration Procedure was in Process was a Bad idea as any movement of the Drone or the Surface it was being Calibrated on will effect the outcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal