Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 rubber dampers (gel filled)

Reaction score
Hi Pilots,

I have constantly issues with the gel filled rubber dampers with a C23 gimbal in an H Plus. They are leaking after some usage or just keeping the H Plus+C23 in the box.

- They cannot keep their shape.
- They are stretching vertically until the leaking begins.

Now i have to clean the gel from the cam and the gimbal again... :(

Are there others who are suffering with this too? Do you have any ideas how to solve? May i use the old CGO3+ rubber dampers (without gel inside). Anyone tried theese?

Attachments

• IMG_20180906_082643.jpg
    IMG_20180906_082643.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20180906_082625.jpg
    IMG_20180906_082625.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
If I don’t have any more of the Yuneec gimbal dampers, the ones made by DJI and other manufacturers work just as well. You can also use a sandwich bag twist tie with a broken damper— the old damper does the same job, and the twist tie keeps it from falling off. Make sure there’s no metal on metal contact— check the tie before each flight, and replace it if you see any fraying along its length. You can also use rubber bands, Taylor elastic, or plastic zip ties. So long as it’s held in place, your drone doesn’t care what you use to keep it together......

Thank you, i will try the older CGO3 rubber dampers with small zip ties to held the cam on if some collision occurs.
I now remove the camera when I'm not flying to help prevent this. Let us know how the older dampers work.
The dampers are $10 for a package of 8.

Gimbal Rubber Dampers (8 Pieces)

Reactions: Ty Pilot
This will be an interesting experiment as the various damper selections are designed to function best around specific vibration frequencies, which are generated by weight, moment arms, and rotating mass imbalances. There's also the stabilizing software used in the gimbal, which is linked to the useful frequency range of the damper design. Hopefully the CGO-3 dampers will work. If not there are various alternatives that can be obtained from different vendors (Foxtech, Tarot, Arris, DJI, etc.) for trial and error testing.

I now remove the camera when I'm not flying to help prevent this. Let us know how the older dampers work.
The dampers are $10 for a package of 8.

Gimbal Rubber Dampers (8 Pieces)

I also remove the camera to relieve strain on the dampeners and if one were to have a habit of flying in Sport mode and don't really works the sticks, I would expect the dampeners to need replacing more often.

Did a check of the rubber dampers on my H+ C23 camera one side is shorter and pinched compare to other side with longer and well formed I think they (Yuneec) mix up the rubber dampers for E50 on one side the corect rubber dampers E90 & C23 on the other side. I ageer with PatR "damper selections are designed to function best around specific vibration frequencies, which are generated by weight, moment arms, and rotating mass imbalances." It look like I have to buy a set of C23 rubber dampers.

I like to be prepared for contingencies and have always kept some spare parts on hand. Have 2 spare landing gear and a set each of A & B props... I haven't seen any E90 gimbal dampeners nor an upper gimbal mount kit on various OEM parts pages, like the corresponding kit for the CGO3+... and the E90 has been out for months now.

Going to be very annoyed if an aircraft has to be sent in for repair only because of some minor retail parts not being available.

Last edited:
This has been a continuous problem for the 520 and E90. Even worse for the E50. There is constant jello effect if flying above 14 mph with E50. Yuneecs response was the E50 was not designed for video but more a stills inspection camera. My response to that was well why give it 4K video capabilities then. My E50 is still unuseable for video when flying in winds of higher than 10 mph which is pretty much most of the time. I have swooped numerous dampers to no avail

Reactions: oliver
This has been a continuous problem for the 520 and E90. Even worse for the E50. There is constant jello effect if flying above 14 mph with E50. Yuneecs response was the E50 was not designed for video but more a stills inspection camera. My response to that was well why give it 4K video capabilities then. My E50 is still unuseable for video when flying in winds of higher than 10 mph which is pretty much most of the time. I have swooped numerous dampers to no avail

Which is exactly the kind of result @Rubik and I were getting for months trying to get a CGO3+ to produce reasonable video with the mating of that camera and the PixAero 8.25.

Rubber band to the rescue.

I’m using ULINE high grade elastic (thin) rubber band. These rubber bands are now being used in dentistry, it has longer state of elasticity and longitivtiy.

IMG_1536331018.327396.jpg
IMG_1536331444.262319.jpg
View attachment 11253

Last edited:
Which is exactly the kind of result @Rubik and I were getting for months trying to get a CGO3+ to produce reasonable video with the mating of that camera and the PixAero 8.25.

Interesting thing that you experience with the 8.25. As you know I have a 920 with a 14-42mm zoom lens. At 14 to 30mm or so focal lengths the vibration in dampened perfectly but from 35 to 42mm there is s very slight “shimmer” that no amount of balancing can counter. To me that suggests the vibration correction firmware is tailored to focal length and specific harmonics.

Yep, as you know the longer the length, the greater the magnification = the less tolerance from image degradation due to vibrations... exact reasoning behind the use of small sandbags as a cushion for long telephoto lenses typically used in sports photography.

Last edited:
So let me ask... with these dampeners being fluid filled, do 2 corners still even have the pin fasteners, as on the H?

So what does Yuneec have to say on the subject? 20180909_231558.jpgThis is my Plus right out of the box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio