Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Expo Parameters - ST16S

Reaction score
I was having a play around the advanced menus of the ST16S. Under parameters (right at the bottom in advanced mode when the H520 is linked) it looks like you can change the pitch roll yaw etc expo settings. Under Multicopter Position Control there are a bunch of settings which can be adjusted - e.g. MPC_YAW_EXPO default setting is 0.6 and description is Manual control stick yaw rotation exponential curve. There's also MPC_XY_MAN_EXPO and MPC_Z_MAN_EXPO which I reckon will change pitch/roll and throttle respectively.

Has anyone adjusted these settings before? I don't have good weather today to fly and try this out for Yaw Pitch Roll.

If you have not already adjusted these settings, it would be a good idea to get out of that menu and leave it alone until someone more experienced is available to help.
I do not own an ST16S, but it sounds like you are in a menu similar to the "channel settings" of the older ST16. If so, there have been many crashed drones due to attempts to "experiment" or even just to "look around" in this area. Again, I don't know the ST16S. I'm just advising caution based on something that sounds familiar, and recommend seeking real advice before proceeding.

Reactions: Mostbestus
I am told by an experience user (@Peggy) that you can change the settings but there is no way to save them. Therefore they will not have any affect on the 520.

I am told by an experience user (@Peggy) that you can change the settings but there is no way to save them. Therefore they will not have any affect on the 520.
That's a shame if true. Going to try it out in a low flight tomorrow morning anyway. Really would be an improvement to change the expo, especially with such long sticks on the RC.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Typilot has a transmitter trays he created for the S16 and S16S (shown on his web site) this may be an answer to the control issue of short sticks. It holds the transmitter providing better control of to all the functions of the remote. This may provide a solution that could avoid channel settings changes that may provide undesirable results …

web site:

Attachments

• 1571068211482.png
    1571068211482.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
I can confirm the info from user Peggy. There are many parameters that appear to be user adjustable within Datapilot on the ST16S, but the software is locked down by Yuneec and the changes will not save. We tried this over a year ago. While there are settings in there that you shouldn't be able to mess with, I believe that Expos and Gimbal Speed should be settings that are user adjustable. It would transform the H520 into a superb flying machine. The old Typhoon H allowed users to adjust these settings.

I can confirm the info from user Peggy. There are many parameters that appear to be user adjustable within Datapilot on the ST16S, but the software is locked down by Yuneec and the changes will not save. We tried this over a year ago. While there are settings in there that you shouldn't be able to mess with, I believe that Expos and Gimbal Speed should be settings that are user adjustable. It would transform the H520 into a superb flying machine. The old Typhoon H allowed users to adjust these settings.
Yeah I can confirm I tried this yesterday and after about 10 seconds a message flagged up saying it couldn't save the values. It still showed the updated values but they clearly weren't in effect. Once I restarted the H520, the values returned to their defaults. I agree that it would be a superb machine with the ability to do this. The camera choices are great, with RTK capabilities, and prop redundancy, it is a great bit of kit.

As far as I know some parameters cannot be edited at all while some can, but get reset immediately (i.e. you leave the menu, come back and they are set back to default). Some, however save the new values until the moment you reboot your ST16S. One of those parameters is the one that allows the drone to continue a mission despite connection loss (com_rc_loss_man).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss