Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

External Antennas on new H Pro with Realsense??

Reaction score
I purchased the first generation Q500 when they first came out a couple of years ago. I have enjoyed flying it and have never had any trouble with it. I decided to upgrade to the H pro with real sense. After doing research and hearing good things about Carolina Dronz and the owner Frank I ordered the Typhoon H realsense Pro Package from him today along with the FPV skyview, ND filter pack and a couple of his balance charging cables for the H batteries so I can use my iCharge smart charger.
Well anyway the other reason I ordered from Carolina Dronz is because I wanted them to do the external antenna mod to the drone before they shipped it. I talked to Frank on the phone about doing the mod when I placed my order and he told me that I don't need the mod because the Typhoon H pro pack with real sense now comes with 2 external antennas from Yuneec. He said that they are just behind the landing gear on each side. I've look at many pictures of the H with real sense on the net and on Yuneec website and I don't see any external antennas in any pictures.
Can anyone who own's the H with real sense pro pack confirm that there are 2 external antennas on the drone? Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Sat. Maybe this is a recent change to the H Pro due complaints of people losing telemetry info.

I purchased the first generation Q500 when they first came out a couple of years ago. I have enjoyed flying it and have never had any trouble with it. I decided to upgrade to the H pro with real sense. After doing research and hearing good things about Carolina Dronz and the owner Frank I ordered the Typhoon H realsense Pro Package from him today along with the FPV skyview, ND filter pack and a couple of his balance charging cables for the H batteries so I can use my iCharge smart charger.
Well anyway the other reason I ordered from Carolina Dronz is because I wanted them to do the external antenna mod to the drone before they shipped it. I talked to Frank on the phone about doing the mod when I placed my order and he told me that I don't need the mod because the Typhoon H pro pack with real sense now comes with 2 external antennas from Yuneec. He said that they are just behind the landing gear on each side. I've look at many pictures of the H with real sense on the net and on Yuneec website and I don't see any external antennas in any pictures.
Can anyone who own's the H with real sense pro pack confirm that there are 2 external antennas on the drone? Mine is scheduled to be delivered on Sat. Maybe this is a recent change to the H Pro due complaints of people losing telemetry info.
I does come with two antennas. That isn't a change. It is how they are all shipped. Enjoy your H and, of course, take it slow and easy until you get the feel.

Reactions: abinder
Ok thanks for the info. In all the pictures I never noticed/seen the antennas or have I heard anybody mention them. I'm glad I didn't have to do the mod. I did order the 3 FPVLR antennas for the ST16.Yes, I will be very careful. It is a big investment. I will take it very slow but at least I have a couple of years experience flying my Q500 so I know the basics. I thought I was crazy for spending $1300.00 on my Q500 a few years ago. I almost doubled that for my H Pro with all the extra's...:eek:.

on the first series the antennas was more inside. now they have put a housing near landing gear to given them a better signal and that they can't hided by the Battery of the H

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
I could be wrong, but possibly Yuneec is now building the H with the antenna upgrade as standard?
From what I understand, this antenna upgrade is also available through Carolina Dronz and also through Carlos (Yuneec Typhoon UK)

I've just ordered this kit for my YTH.

Attachments

• yuneec-external-cable-antenna-typhoon-h-back_1024x1024.jpg
    yuneec-external-cable-antenna-typhoon-h-back_1024x1024.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 68
I could be wrong, but possibly Yuneec is now building the H with the antenna upgrade as standard?
From what I understand, this antenna upgrade is also available through Carolina Dronz and also through Carlos (Yuneec Typhoon UK)

I've just ordered this kit for my YTH.

Yes, I personally talk to Frank at Carolina Dronz yesterday and ordered my H pro real sense Pro pack from him. I confirmed with him twice, to make sure we were on the same page, before I placed my order. I wanted him to do the antenna upgrade before he shipped it. He said there is no need. The H pro with realsence comes from Yuneec with the 2 external antennas. Then I asked him again if it is the same type of mod that he does with the 2 antennas sticking down from the bottom of the drone. He again said yes it is. It is not the exact same antennas that he installs but Yuneec builds the H pro' s with 2 external antennas sticking down right behind the landing gear..like Steve and Eric confirmed. I will post a picture when I get my H or if someone else who has the H pro can post a picture of the factory antennas it would be greatly appreciated, Thx

Ok, after much searching the net I finally found a picture of the factory installed antennas right next to the landing gear.. Steve or Eric can you please confirm, thx

Attachments

• yuneec-typhoon-h-intel-realsense-pro-position-sensor_1024x1024.JPG
    yuneec-typhoon-h-intel-realsense-pro-position-sensor_1024x1024.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 68
Ok, after much searching the net I finally found a picture of the factory installed antennas right next to the landing gear.. Steve or Eric can you please confirm, thx
Yup that's them. Basically plastic antenna guide tubes the wire antenna's slide into.

Greg

The reason that Yuneec decided to make the antenna extend out was because of my design when i thought up using external Antenna.

^^Please don't take this the wrong way, but, either you are Carlos or you have had the same idea as he did.

^^Please don't take this the wrong way, but, either you are Carlos or you have had the same idea as he did.

Thats me next to Bo Came up with the idea. I went on the FPVGUY ( BO ) and we made a how to video, carlos created and optimised the antennas carlos is a good friendUntitled-2.jpg Untitled-2.jpg

^^ Thanks. Figured this may have been the case. Thank you for bringing your ideas to the rest of us, and yes, Carlos is a great guy - very humble.

Just curious, does anyone know if the optimized (solid) antennas, from Carlos or Carolina Dronz, preform better than just having the antenna wires sticking down in a hollow tube? When I ordered my TH pro pack from Frank at Carolina Dronz a few day ago I wanted him to do the external antenna mod on it. He told me that there is no need to because the H Pro comes from Yuneec with external antennas. I asked him are they the same type that he puts on, the solid ones. He said yes. I was a really disappointed to find out that they are not. That Yuneec just extended the antenna wires outside the drone and placed them in plastic tubes to protect them. If I would have known this when I placed my order I would have had Frank do the antenna mod anyway. I really wanted the solid screw on optimized antennas on my H..:(

I'd like to add the tubes and swap for the extended antennas on mine. Like to see what benefits you get. Just need to find someone who sells them or maybe a 3d printed copy. Right now those and other simulair parts are not sold from yuneec.

I'd like to add the tubes and swap for the extended antennas on mine. Like to see what benefits you get. Just need to find someone who sells them or maybe a 3d printed copy. Right now those and other simulair parts are not sold from yuneec.

Carolina Dronz sells the external antenna kits. They will also install them if you ship your drone to them. Give them a call. Here's the link to the antennas kit they sell:

Yuneec External Antenna Kit for Typhoon H, & Pro Upgrade Kit

Drone On, I'm not looking to do the exterior antenna mod that Bo does yet. I'd like to transform my H to a Pro and see what advantages I can get over what I currently have. If you decide to do the Carolina Mod, I'll buy your pro tubes and extended antenna leads.

I happen to have a pic handy.
View attachment 3373
Ray, Did your H come with the antenna wires sticking out of the bottom of the tubes?. I just received my H pro today and was looking at the antenna tubes and noticed that my antenna wires do not extend out the bottom of the tubes. My wires are about 1 inch up in the tubes. Did you pull yours down so they would stick out the bottom?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval