Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Part 107 Exam

There’s some relevance in all the previous chatter that relates to the compass in our flight controllers. They don’t care about declination either as they sense magnetic north, not true north. Those that take calibration seriously only need to break out a hand held compass, find north, and start the compass cal facing the direction north is shown on the hand held compass.

Don't tell my buddy AH this but, when he said that bit; my first thought was 'the compass in the airplane and the numbers on the runway should match' ;)

Seriously though I knew @AH-1G knew the difference but just misspoke er typed.

• Haha
Reactions: AH-1G
Well I have been preppin for my recurrent for about three weeks now, I can stretch it till the end of March so I am gonna keep studying for a few more, anyone see any sneekiness in their re current exam they want to share??

Don't tell my buddy AH this but, when he said that bit; my first thought was 'the compass in the airplane and the numbers on the runway should match' ;)

Seriously though I knew @AH-1G knew the difference but just misspoke er typed.

So did I. But it does show how even an accomplished aviator can confuse the two. This coming from a guy who uses a calculator to find reciprocal headings!!

Reactions: Ty Pilot
LOL......I thought it was sarcasm about getting them mixed up......

I can stretch it till the end of March so I am gonna keep studying for a few more, anyone see any sneekiness in their re current exam they want to share?[emoji851]

Airspace class divisions and altitudes. A few picked out a tiny sliver of Class B airspace where the controlled altitudes were hard to locate. Others called out ceilings of Class D airspace underlying Class B. Differentiating altitudes of use between 3 and 4 numeral MTR’s were sprinkled about. A couple irritating ones referenced max altitudes over a particular structure located X miles from an airport, where multiple structures were in close proximity. Read the question carefully to identify the right structure. Group of structures versus structure with high intensity lighting.

The primary focus of my test was reading charts and identifying airspace. Knowing the difference between crew resource and risk management also appeared several times. Weather was almost non existent and was directed more towards acceptable for flight or not. A couple questions required obtaining airport info from the Chart Supplement/Airport Facilities Directory.

As silly as it seems, you’ll prolly have to fly the traffic pattern at least once and select the correct traffic pattern for the runway, or know how to enter the pattern. Some of the questions will have what appears to be two correct answers but one word will make one answer the only right one. Reading a TFR was in there as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan