Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

FAA Registration

Reaction score
Hi- It's time for "Stupid Question of the Day." I'm going to register my drone, but I'm not sure which way to do it.

I do not currently have a Part 107 License, but I plan to get it soon (2-3 months at the longest). Do I register it under the "Fly under Part 107" area, or under the "Fly under Section 336" area? Do I do the 336 now, and re-do it after I have my license? I can afford the $5, but I figured I'd ask first before I screw the process up.

Thanks

Hi- It's time for "Stupid Question of the Day." I'm going to register my drone, but I'm not sure which way to do it.

I do not currently have a Part 107 License, but I plan to get it soon (2-3 months at the longest). Do I register it under the "Fly under Part 107" area, or under the "Fly under Section 336" area? Do I do the 336 now, and re-do it after I have my license? I can afford the $5, but I figured I'd ask first before I screw the process up.

Thanks
Go to FAADroneZone

Last edited by a moderator:
You should register under the 336 and place the registration number on your aircraft.

I originally registered two drones several months ago, my Typhoon H and a Hubsan X4. got a FAA number for each. Then, the Hubsan disappeared (lost in a huge dense tree, never to be sen again LOL). I replaced it and wanted to register it with the FAA but noticed on that site that the registration was "valid for all my drones". So, I simply placed that original Hubsan registration sticker on the new drone. Do I understand this correctly or where did I get confused?

I originally registered two drones several months ago, my Typhoon H and a Hubsan X4. got a FAA number for each. Then, the Hubsan disappeared (lost in a huge dense tree, never to be sen again LOL). I replaced it and wanted to register it with the FAA but noticed on that site that the registration was "valid for all my drones". So, I simply placed that original Hubsan registration sticker on the new drone. Do I understand this correctly or where did I get confused?
If you are a Hobbiest then you only need one registration number for all of your drones, if you are a part 107 pilot then each drone must be registered

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Thank you Dustoff. I thought so. I guess having two registrations, one for TH and one for the Hubsan, won't do any harm. But not having to re-register made it easier since I can't make out the serial number on the replacement Hubsan due to the label being smudged.

There is an exception to this rule. I have multiple contracts under one major developer, I am also part 107.

The exception is that the FAA can issue a certificate of airspace use for the purpose of construction survey-ONLY!
The process is simpler than taking the part 107, because there are no exams to take.

If any of you guys are progressively and primarily shooting stock pile, asset management, 3D Mapping and inspection, talk the developer(s) that you work with. They can apply to get an FAA as well as DOT permit (DOT is where you can park your car anywhere near a construction site and take off with your drone on public streets, with visual safety sign and cones of course)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare